I am not talking about us real TG who live this life but sometimes bicker about who is real or not. I mean when being TG becomes more mainstream and all the sudden you see it everywhere.

So, the media rolled out Miss Canada, Jazz Jennings and Caitlyn Jenner. Target decided to have this restroom policy. TG rights seems to be a big subject right now.

I have no clue how this all got started. Let us be honest here - there just are not that many TS out there. Yeah there are the part time CD's and maybe the strictly bedroom fetish CD but they are not out there every day living this life like some TS are. Who knows why we are getting all this attention suddenly.

Stay with me, this is going somewhere...

Here is the thing - not too long ago the hipster culture and it's small elements was an underground thing but somehow took off like wildfire. "Vintage" is now cool, mountain man looking beards are seen daily, and some cities (like where I live) even have smaller complexes where they gather. Advertisements feature them. So, their "anti-mainstream" lifestyle has become mainstream. Turn on the radio right now and the song "best day of my life" is likely playing...

I am thinking though, if the media keeps pushing this TG thing, how soon until all the sudden it becomes "cool" for people to try to play the part? I remember about 15 years ago when I would go out dressed and often get ridiculed, laughed at, or hear rude comments. The worst that happens now is the occasional being called "he" or "sir". I am not shy about correcting them.
But on the other side, once in a while someone seems to think it is cool to talk to the tranny. "I love people like you" or "I admire your courage" or I get to hear about their friend or brother who does this. It is rather annoying. Not long ago we had to fear for our safety etc but today we have people wanting to kiss our asses?

So, how long until this becomes "cool" and the epidemic of wanna-be TG is a daily sight? I just hope it doesn't happen, that instead they leave the trannying to us real folks who had to suffer in order to live this life.
BTW, the wanna-be TG I talk about is someone who would do it because "everyone else is".

What do you all think?