Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you stop crossdressing if anticrossdressing/impersonating laws are enforced?

be careful, people. If this degrades into politics, it's gone
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I was just reading an article about anti-crossdressing laws still on the books. According to the article crossdressing is technically illegal in 30 states due to laws still on the books, but no longer enforced. The last known case of a crossdresser being arrested for crossdressing was in Ohio in 1989 when a crossdresser suspected of drug trafficking was arrested for questioning using the out dated law against crossdressing in the state of Ohio.

Banned Spammer
    Wow people hear are actually old enough to have been around in the USA when the decency,impersonation and masqurading laws were agressively enforced. Gays and crossdressers where thought to be communist in the 50's and 60's i believe.

There are some folk here that evaded a misdemeaner conviction are more i see.

Who violated rule number 9 from sir lady java performance days?
    The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) decided to enforce their Rule 9, whereby it was illegal for performers to impersonate by means of costume or dress a member of the opposite sex unless they had a special permit issued by the LA Board of Police Commissioners.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 08-21-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Banned Read only
    I can't remember when those laws were changed in the UK, but it didn't stop crossdressing happening it , obviously still in the closet alone but out there were private clubs that provided a dressing service, I say that in the loosest terms , the authorities knew of them but often ignored them.

They were archaic laws then and there's no way it's going to happen again, it wouldn't have stopped me anyway, but it would make a DADT situation harder to avoid .

Aspiring Member
    I used to go out occasionally at night when I was a student. This was just after a young man had been prosecuted for a crime that I think was called pervading in women's attire. All of this was in Scotlandaround 1970. I remember the guy pled guilty. One night I was out in my car in a dress i had borrowed from my unsuspecting sister and was parked. I noticed a police car approaching and lay on the seat. They stopped alongside and shone a torch in and must have seen me but just drove off. At this time I thought you could still be prosecuted so it was scary. But I carried on - it did not scare me off.

Noooooooo i would not stop why should I

Banned Spammer
    jail food is horrible, jail does not have pay per view are show time, Hbo.
    I don't like to be told when to get up and go to sleep.
    I don't want a public record of me cross dressing.

I'm already serving a life sentence as a CD!

No I would not stop what I do in my own time is my business besides it makes me feel wonderful

Here in the UK it was illegal to impersonate a member of the opposite sex and yes you could go to court and even jail,
    we had a society that was called the Beaumont Society ,who gave members a card to carry in case of being arrested and they would help,
    i carried mine but was fortunate not to get caught,but was frightened in case my mum found it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Aspiring Member
    To me it's not exactly a life sentence as it were. Here in Singapore, physical protests and activism aren't a part of the public conscience except once in a while. Were such laws in place, I reckon peaceful activism would be a good way to start calling for their repeal. While no linger enforced, the symbolic shadow of this kind of law is already a stigma: to be a pariah of a lawbreaker amongst your fellow citizens.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I would go deep deep into the closet,I mean I'm a little out of the cd closet but not enough to come clean with my SO.As far completely stop crossdressing I think it's impossible.
    In my view I would have to a lot of research before venturing out I would stick to friendly cities San Francisco, Miami and NYC. I'm just glad that we came a long way with gay marriage, and LGBT issues. I can't imagine America going backwards only forward the world is changing too fast.But if all else fails I'll move to Canada,I AM JENNIFER HEAR ME ROAR!!