Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the Courage to Go Outside

Silver Member
    A bottle of tequila!

No, no, no. As BAD as that advice is, it actually has a component that is worthwhile. First off, a therapist and psychiatrist may be needed here. If you have extreme anxiety, you really need to work with a therapist or psychologist to work those issues out. And possibly a psychiatrist if you need medication, which might help. But do not self medicate. PLEASE!

Now if you are lucky, you may be able to find a therapist that is willing, on one or two occasions, accompany you out, say for a short shopping trip. Not a regular thing, but as a special session. To help dig to the core of your fears and address them. Later, having a friend to go out with till you get your training wheels off may help.

In the mean time take that bra back and don't try to dress racoons, they don't like it much, and probably will disagree with your fashion sense.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I did not do it gradually. I dressed for the very first time one day and the next day I went OUT during the day, right down town, main street, and ended up that night in a club dancing till it closed. Less than 24 hours from first experience CDing to OUT enfemme. And since that first time, just under four years ago, I have always gone OUT when dressed.
    Make your presentation believable and you can go anywhere.

And OMG it is a BLAST! SO MUCH different than in guy mode. In every way.

We have a local CDer group, The Grand Illusions. The group frequently takes gals out for their first time. Surrounded by experienced gals at general population venues that know us and welcome us, we have a great time. And the new gal draws from our confidence.

The picture is of me grocery shopping. I changed to water resistant flats because it was POURING rain outside and I didn't want to ruin my fuchsia swede sandals. Note the pink umbrella (to match my purse and the pink in the dress) also for the rain. And the other customer ignoring me, my goal.

SUCH FUN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 08-23-2016 at 11:04 PM.