Thread: Should I transition?

Should I transition?

Have thought about taking estrogen but have been afraid. I would love to have natural breast and not have to use balloons filled with water. I would love to see how my,breast would be natural as my mother is a 38 C and my grandmother was a 40 DD. Any suggestions on as if I should see a doctor and mention thatch want natural breast. I have also thought about going all,of and having the gender reassignment surgery but don't know about side effects. Don't know of,you can get pregnant if you transition or not. Wouldn't want to,come out like that.

Woman first, Trans second
    Sigh...

Medical gender transition is serious business, there is really no going back (not entirely). i recommend doing some googling and reading here and elsewhere. The information that you're after is readily available.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Christine, you don't mention anything about why you have considered Gender Reassignment Surgery. Even if it were possible for a woman without ovaries or a womb to become pregnant, it would not be caused by taking the hormones and/or anti-androgens that are so necessary to the well being of a trans woman.

There is another thing in your post that give me cause for concern. Transition is not about getting natural breasts so that we can do away with water filled balloons or any other kind of artificial breast form.

It may be that you do suffer from Gender Dysphoria but have simply not mentioned it in your post, but transition is a very serious step and I always advise people not to transition unless they need to, but if they do need to transition then not to let anything stand in their way, At the moment, I have no clue as to whether you need to transition or are simply caught up in some kind of Pink Fog.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi Christine, Not trying to be mean, I swear. I have to echo Zooey's SIGH... No you cannot get pregnant. As far as your desire for breasts that can be accomplished either by hormones, implants or both but the real question is why? Why do you want breasts? I think it would be best to take a couple of steps back to sort things out. Have you always wanted to be female and why? Explore the reasons for your desires. If you think you may be transgender contact a therapist to help you explore these feelings. The first steps are to understand yourself and who you are as a person. Getting breasts should be WAY down the road. Both myself and others here would be happy to answer your questions but we can only point you toward the answers - you need to find the answers to who you are and why do you want the things you want.

Read a few threads darlin', ...and not the ones about clever ways to hide from yourself.

The answer to your question is; No, you should NOT transition. Before you start feeling persecuted or bullied, be advised that I would give the same answer to ANYONE who asked me that question.

The question by itself is a pretty strong indicator that you're not ready for such a thing. As you read through some of the more informative threads over the last few years you should begin to realize that transition is the LAST step on a 'journey to the core of your identity'. Only when you are sure of who you are should you even consider a gender transition. You see, if you were sure of your identity, there would be no need for the question. It's been said through the ages that when the student is ready the master will appear, well in the same vein, many of the questions that people have about this process will answer themselves as you progress through the work of transition. The 'real' work of transition happens before all of the physical stuff.

If you think you can get away with jumping in and just doing it, without ever dealing with who you are, and reconciling that identity with your life, then you will eventually find yourself in the unenviable situation of learning very hard lessons, right out in the open. The fact is that the real work of transition WILL be done one way or another. You can do it now, while you control the message or you can do it in fits of tears and humiliation as your fake identity is painfully stripped away over the years. In public as you endure unexpected ridicule, or in private as you silently cry about yet another rejection.

The work will be done. You will will eventually get to the core of who you are, and it'll be a pretty sad day when you realize that a gender transition wasn't necessary at all. Maybe you're just kinda queer, and learning to be comfortable with that wouldn't really change your life at all. Maybe you just need the courage to admit you like to dress up and go dancing sometimes. Maybe you're just a lil bit flamboyant. Maybe you're really a butch gay dude, but you can't get your head around that concept. You can pretend to be ANYTHING, but the answer is to find out who you are and be THAT thing.

You are crossdressing because you're not happy with something. Something in your life isn't right. You are hiding something from yourself as well as everyone else. Find that thing, be that thing.
    Last edited by Badtranny; 08-20-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Gone to live my life
    Hi Christine,

Are you TS? I don't know and to be honest only you can answer that question. Do you need to transition? To be honest again, I don't get that from your post here or your other posts but, it does not mean it isn't so. I do get a sense of confusion in that you want desperately to look like a woman. However wanting to look like a woman and being a woman are not the same. I note from your posts you are a home dresser and that you are concerned about what your neighbors and others will think. Transition is a very public process in that once you go down the road everyone knows (your family, friends, coworkers). Is this something you would be comfortable with? Even if think you are ready, I felt a twinge of concern when you used words like "I thought" "I would love". People who transition are more apt to use words like "I need", "I must", or "I have to".

Take some time and get to know who you are. Can you see yourself out in the world presenting as a woman 24/7 or is more akin to wanting to go out or just dressing. As BT noted until you find who you are transition should be the furthest thing from your mind because that is some serious stuff.

Cheers

Marcelle
    Last edited by Marcelle; 08-20-2016 at 01:47 PM.