Thread: Work outfit

Work outfit

Hello there I am new to this, I have been speaking to my boss about how I dress and she is totally up for me coming En Femme so to speak, thing is I don't quite know what to wear, any ideas what could look good? I plan to do the full works, acrylic nails, bag, jewelry

Welcome to the forum Lola, read the threads here to find out some of your questions.
    Part Time Girl

I don't quite know how to work this yet lol, it's new to me

What kind of work would help determine the way you would dress!! Have you been Cding a while or are you new to this?? Answers abound just check the threads as Dana said!! A skirt and top with a jacket would be business like! Need more info to give more info!!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lola,

Not to be a Debbie Downer but what kind of environment do you work in? Are you cool with your co-workers and potentially strangers seeing you dressed? Even if your boss is cool with it . . . are you planning to tell your coworkers or are you just going to show up dressed as woman one day and the chips fall where they may? If so, I guess it could go okay but what if it doesn't? What will you do if one of your coworkers has a freak out moment because they don't like transgender folk? If you work with a big group of people and you have male and female communal toilets, which will you use? What will happen in your personal life if one of coworkers lets others know? You said you are new to this. Does that mean nobody in your close circle knows (e.g., family, friends, coworkers) or you are just new to dressing public?

Perhaps you have thought about this and have contingencies in place but if you don't, I recommend you talk to your boss again and lay exactly what you plan to do and how it should be messaged to your coworkers. Coming out at work can be done, but it should be managed carefully IMHO.

Cheers

Marcelle
    Last edited by Marcelle; 08-20-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LushLola View Post
    Hello there I am new to this, I have been speaking to my boss about how I dress and she is totally up for me coming En Femme so to speak, thing is I don't quite know what to wear, any ideas what could look good? I plan to do the full works, acrylic nails, bag, jewelry
    I have a good faith doubt about your post. I believe others may feel the same. If you've Crossdressed before, to the extent that you had to come out to your female boss, you wouldn't be asking such a question.

Have to agree with Jenny here....if your at the point where you are coming out to WORK, you have quite a bit of knowledge by this point.
    If your just a newbie, welcome!!!

Banned Read only
    Lush, not much of an introduction. If you are on the level, then more information is necessary. Actually, if you work in an environment where you are surrounded by young women, then all you have to do is look around you. If the inquiry is legitimate, then the posts above mine offer some points to ponder.

Lola:

Once you've posted 10 times, you'll have access to other parts of the forum where you can read to your heart's content the stories of others as they've gone through their own growth and exploration of their passion for femme.

Read Marcelle's post carefully. She' truly been there and done that. Good solid advice.

Welcome and best regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

The short answer is - check what the ladies wear in your work environment. The longer answer is have a plan the share this with your coworkers before the big reveal (Marcelle has been there and her advice should be considered)

Silver Member
    I had deep suspicions about the thread. I've come out at work and other places. Well just to some customers. It was easy to figure what was acceptable dress. Years ago when young I wore what the girls in my social circles and age group did. Now I wear what the women do. There is more latitude outside the work environment. If you work in a women's store then the clerks that work with you could give you guidance.

If you work in a beauty shop or in cosmetics you may be able to dress for work. If your customers like your work they may be more than happy to overlook your dress. I considered becoming a beautician and doing that at one time. But, I was not good at doing hair. lol
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 08-21-2016 at 02:57 PM.

If you're a welder or a mechanic I'd stick with overalls