Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a sensible type or an eccentric ?

As good sense is such a rare quality, I don't see why one can't be both.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Theresa, that was very proactive of you.

Maybe your wife said that because most women don't wear stockings any longer (just tights in the winter).

Banned Read only
    Char,
    The truth is we have an known an older couple for many years , the wife is very eccentric, and not only does she carry spare stockings but also spare heels as well . My wife was relating me to her and called me by her name, I won't be using it but a step in the right direction she did give me a female name for the first time .

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Bringing along a spare pair of stockings seems to be sensible when out and about.

Bringing a second set of dentures eccentric, I would venture.

Eccentric here, I carry spare stockings too and about 40 lbs of other things / junk I may need. And if you are GG I have something for your needs too.........just saying.

My bag would not be so heavy, but I purchased a Robin414 Signature Series IV Cinder Block during her annual promotional sale to have for personal protection and now I almost need a two wheel dolly for my purse.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Silver Member
    OMG Lauri, I am going to so tell Robin you said that!

It was a private MVP deal!

I carry spare adhesive nail tabs. Eccentric but practical?

A little bit of both! I have considered taking an extra wig when i go out, just in case some joker grabs mine off my head.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-22-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Banned Read only
    I guess you could call me eccentric type , because if I see something I like I will probably buy it, not saying money is no object but the only people I spend it on is me and Mom. Yes she lives with me as she is no longer in working. It is great to have her around, also this condo isn't cheap to own. But then I am sensible at times (rare times).

I think I'm also sensible one and want to be prepared. I take extra pantyhose and panties when I go out for my walks. I also take extra shoes (light flat shoes) when I go for longer walks, becuase once already I had to walk home barefooted when I tripped and a strap on a sandals broke and I couldn't walk in then any more. I destroyed nice pantyhose on that occassion and I was all the way affraid that I will step on something sharp and cut myself. Extra shoes also come handy in case you wear new shoes and you could potentially get blister on your feet. I also have drab clothes in my car and makeup removal.

I think you are a sensible eccentric Teresa.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am the sensible type...I think!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I carry spare adhesive nail tabs. Eccentric but practical?
    I'm totally on board with that! Adhesive nail tabs are notorious for letting go after awhile, and especially after washing one's hands. I haven't used glue-on nails for some time now (I have become addicted to nail salon manicures in the meantime ), but when I still did, I always carried a few extra fake nails with me as well,. Oftentimes, by the time I realized that the tab had given way, it was long gone, along with the nail that it was supposed to have held in place. Talk about feeling naked when you discover that one of your nails has gone AWOL, never to be seen again...

Banned Read only
    Alice, Now you're making me paranoid ! Oh dear what else could go wrong ??

Nicole and Leslie I don't have that problem with nails, whatever I've managed to grow and retain gets painted .

I wouldn't look at it as having failed a GG test.

It's a question of what is important to you, vs what isn't.

As a GG, on a dalily basis it's not that important to me if I get a snag in my hose. Most people don't notice and if they do, it doesn't matter to me. I did keep an extra pair of hose in my desk at work just in case there was an important meeting (a professional appearance is important), but other than that I feel that people in general are quite forgiving if they see that someone has snagged their hose. If I'm not at work and the snag is small, for example if I'm on my way home and stop at the grocery store, I'll let it go. If it is large and I am going directly out to dinner with friends, I know that I can run to a store and get new ones. If I can't, that's OK too. I don't worry about it too much. And I usually pack an extra pair when I travel, because going to the store is not always as convenient as it is at home. So really it's a question of priorities. For me, it is important to not have snags at work if I am meeting with my superiors but other than that, I don't worry about it too much.

It obviously is important for you to not have snags ever, and so you took precautions. That's OK.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Reine,
    I guess I took the precaution for the fist outing knowing how clumsy men can be sometimes and forget how delicate hose can be . I may not have bothered if it was a small run but my foot was bleeding so I had to slip the stocking off to clean my foot up and the hole was very noticeable , so it was just as easy to slip a new one on. Stockings take up far less room than tights in a bag anyway .

I shall continue to be sensible in my mind and eccentric to my wife, and always try and look my best .

Having worked in the aviation field, I can attest to the power of spares and redundancies. You can't pull over at 25,000 feet, but you can flip a switch for auxiliary power to run an essential piece of gear. I would say extra hose is sensible, lightweight and easy to fit into the confines of a small handbag.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Actually carrying spare seems sensible to me, but I'm old too. I usually don't have any spare clothes when I go out and sometimes think I should carry some male clothes, in case I have a flat and would have to put on the spare. I guess I like living on the edge. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!