Thread: I WISH I WAS ,I wish I was..

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar

I WISH I WAS ,I wish I was..

Many times I dream of waking up in the morning ,putting my long black hair, that goes half way down back in a bun and wearing a shower cap taking a shower before I go off to work.Scrubbing my body in a poppurrii scented body wash,coming out appling moisturizer on my face before appling my makeup.Going to my closet reaching for my blue jumper dress a pair of black pumps panty hose thong underwear lacy bra.I then continue to pin my wings on my uniform with my name spelled out Jennifer, grabbing my smothie tieing my scarf grabbing my roller board and taking a cab to the airport to start my shift. I always wanted to be a flight attendant.The femme role one day I wish to accomplish, maybe not as FA but maybe as a passenger.Sometimes I think that if in a past life I was a woman living the 1950s ,I like the style but not the politics of that era.Or maybe in the 1940s I love those classic years woman looked so beautiful so classy Jane Russell, Marilyn Monroe, or Elizabeth Taylor. ...
    Last edited by jennifer0918; 08-22-2016 at 02:10 AM.

I quite like classic looks sometimes as well, for the most part it's quite a different style to what we have today. It's interesting to see how the defining female characteristics appearance wise have changed, hairstyles in particular. I always have liked flights attendants uniform style, whenever I see them I admire it.

I always loved watching the attendants when I flew years ago and they were always so smartly made up.
    The walk and the wiggle down the aisle.....
    I knew even at that young age that they all had girdles and stockings on and a full slip under their dress.
    It was so nice dreaming back then of being like them....
    But, alas, styles changed and girdles and foundation wear faded away.....

You'd probably really want to be a stewardess as they were called in the '50s.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes, Ressie....
    I would have loved to have been one.....wearing those outfits with a nice tight girdle underneath.....
    Would have worked it until I left to be a full time housewife.
    Such nice thoughts to think about!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-22-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    My fondest memory of flight attendants goes right back to 1974 when we flew out on honeymoon, we flew British Caledonian and they wore really stylish tartan uniforms, on take off there was only one spare seat so the stewardess sat next to me I was only 22 and in heaven on my first ever flight !

I believe in reincarnation and that in several past lives that I was a female. I am attracted to female fashions way more than male fashion .Flower dresses are one of my favorites.

Oh yes that brought back some memories. Ah, to be young again... I remember during that time one of those pretty stewardess, every time she passed me she bumped her hip against my shoulder. To which I said excuse me my shoulder must be hanging out she would smile and do it again and was waiting for me when I got off the lane. Ah, the old memories are fantastic and the time was incredible as women were feminine and displayed it. Today is a fence we must all sit on subjected to the changing environment. And we embrace the nostalgia that many of the women left because they wanted to be like men. Crazy world.
    Part Time Girl

Reality Check
    Those of us who were around in the fifties would probably tell you that life as a woman back then was not all what those who only know it from the movies or TV might think it was. Young girls were expected to become secretaries or housewives. Birth control was iffy and many women ended up married (you couldn't be a "single mother" back then) to abusive husbands.

Being an airline stewardess might seem glamorous, but they were closely watched, had strict conditions on their employment and of course, could not be old or overweight.

I wouldn't have mind if I was either a secretary or housewife in the 50s when I'm enfemme that's the look I like if I was a professional working in a office or a stewardess on American.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Ladies I'm glad I'm not alone and we share a lot in common.

I would have loved to have been a housewife or a secretary......

Silver Member
    Yes it would have been interesting being a stewardess back in the 50s and early 60s. I did date a couple and their life WAS the airline. Flew one time and there were only 3 people on the flight. Myself and two older women. I had 5 stewardesses to myself. What more could a guy their age want?

Yes women didn't have all the opportunities they do today, but that has been true throughout the ages. WWI opened secretarial opportunities and WWII opened other careers. The big difference today is the casual attire that has replaced cocktail dresses etc. Back then most women didn't go to cocktail parties unless they were upper class wives. Living in the south and wealthy meant going to teas wearing white gloves and very pretty dresses. I don't think there is much of that today.

Aspiring Member
    50's and 60's - when women would wear a nice dress and men wore coat and tie when they went on a flight. And sat in comfortable seats. Then came the late sixties and things changed. Remember the airline promos:
    "Hi, I'm Cheryl - Fly me." Blatantly sexual but it sold seats. It's different now. The woman now boarding the flight in uniform may well be your Captain .

Ineke

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're lucky u just THINK about these things, Jenn. When I wake up with an attractive fem image impressed in my mind I can't get rid of it until I have Sherry re create it!

IMG_1527 (583x640).jpg

51IMG_6441 (4) (640x598).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow lovely sherry

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes indeed Ineke

Aspiring Member
    I admit to liking the cutting of flight attendant uniforms, especially that of my own national carrier (Singapore Airlines).

Needless to say the 'glamour' of even frequent flying is grossly overstated. I make it a habit to give my seat up to flight attendants in uniform on their way to or from work - beneath the make-up and uniform, they're all tired, and have heavy responsibilities on their hands.

Personal note: I fail the height and eyesight requirements for being a flight attendant (even as a woman - you need to be exceptionally tall!).