Thread: Delightful frustration.

Delightful frustration.

This has been an interesting day today.

To begin, I have been working tirelessly to get started on Hormones.

I had my evaluation session to make sure I'm mentally in my right mind to go through with this back in March.

Then I waited and found out that the Dr. that performed my Eval deliberately held onto my complete Eval for reasons of wanting to make sure I was comfortable with the impending changes.

Then I finally passed that hurdle, only to be told by the Clerk at my Clinic that I would have to wait until October before my Primary Care Provider met with one of her staff and set up the Consult with Endocrinology.

This morning, I got up early to get myself ready for my day. My Mom had an appointment with her physical therapist at 8 this morning and I had gotten with the rest of the Family to make sure she had someone to take her to her appointment. As a result of all this, I ended up not being able to put on my face or take care of other things to make myself presentable.

To make a long story short, I ended up taking her myself and having her come with me to my appointment simply because everyone else in the house didn't want to get out of bed.

After my Mom's therapy, we stopped at the nearest convenience store and I went inside. The lady behind the counter Ma'amed me, even though I didn't have any make up on. I was so pleasantly surprised to be Ma'amed, that I still have a smile on my face.

My session was great. I had my Mom with me and she got to meet my Therapist and my Therapist had a chance to meet my Mom and see things from a slightly different perspective.

Any way, my Therapist told me that the order for my Consult with Endocrinology had been entered into the computer last week Thursday morning. And Endocrinology had accepted the order for the consult later that same day.

Now, instead of having to wait until October like I was originally told. I'm now waiting on the office of my Endocrinologist to call me with the schedule for my first appointment to get started on hormones.

The rotation of all these different types of waiting games are enough to make my head spin.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

I don't know where you live, but your GP can prescribe, and there is no mandatory wait time.

I was lucky enough to jump through the hoops pretty quickly, which may be due to my advanced "maturity"--and apparent lack of impetuousness, to say the least. My real obstacles have come out of my own screw-ups in life, like marriage, denial and bad habits. It looks like you've been a lot smarter than me, and I hope you are rewarded by quick approvals and a smooth transition. Good luck, Emma!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Paula, the reasons for the waits is because I'm getting treatment through the VA Health system.

Unfortunately, the VA is so overwhelmed and overloaded that there are times that someone has no choice but to wait.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.