Thread: went back to NYC again to help get granddaughter wedding dress.

went back to NYC again to help get granddaughter wedding dress.

Second trip to NYC to help granddaughter to get her wedding dress. She of course went with my son and his wife several times looking for dress. I am happy to say that the ordeal of her finding a dress is finally done. My wife and I decided to pay for the wedding dress. She does not know that we talked to the groom and are giving them a two week cruise and tour for their honeymoon to China.
    While there I again confirmed with everyone that the invite to be in bridle party was still ok. I do not want to effect the wedding in anyway. Bride and everyone had no problem with me being in bridle party. So with all the bridal party in hand and bride of course. Then Trying on, I lost count of the number of dresses. My granddaughter picked out a simple light color lavender dress knee length for us all. Even thou I am over weight the store was able to apparently have no problem getting a correct size to fit me. Alterations will follow. I then was told by my wife (and the other ladies) I would have to wear a corset under the dress. So off to a lingerie store with all the other bridal party in tow. OK now I would like to say that some years ago I would have loved the idea of wearing a corset. However that was before I became a female. Most of the woman in the bridal party are wearing one also. To get the clean lines in the dress. But I have to admit, I am not looking forward to wearing it for an entire wedding day. My wife is also in the bridal party. She was not happy about us both being in the same dress. Hers is four sizes smaller and she looks much better then I ever will. My wife just laughed at my complaint about the corset and told me welcome to the real world. So now I will go back to NYC for fittings later on. I love my family so very much. I have been treaded no different then anyone else. I will let you all know about the fittings after they are done and Of course about the wedding in 2017.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

You're blessed to have such a family, Gerri. I'm gonna guess you deserve it. You get the luck you make. Good job Woman! Enjoy your Baby's Wedding. Take some pics and post em' for us!