Thread: Things that make you hmmmmmm..

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar

Things that make you hmmmmmm..

Hello everybody, was wondering if anybody can gimme an idea on how can I get things delivered from amazon, and ebay.I have found so much on line that I like my only problem is my SO does not know about me being cd.Any ideas on an alternative? Plus she is home all day hard for me to get anything in the mail.

this comes up frequently. Get a P O Box either at some mailbox place in the strip malls or the post office
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    You would have to get a PO box, or a private mail box like some shipping stores offer.

Ladies quick question and these po bxs I could also receive packages? any idea what it cost to get a po box?

Banned Spammer
    There are services that take discrete mail for you.
    A post wants you to change your mailing address. Some transformation salons have discrete mail service.

The downside to a PO Box is you can only get deliveries via USPS. I would check with a UPS store or something similar. I checked into it once but don't remember what the cost was.

Amazon has something called "Amazon Locker". You have your packages shipped to locker location, and you go pick it up there.

UPS or FexEx, you can choose to have it diverted to a local office of either of those services. Some shipments from some vendors may be through USPS, or handed off to them for the last mile, which complicates things. You can inquire with the seller but the customer service agents might not know the precise shipment method, or be able to carry on a coherent conversation for that matter. Best would be to get a P.O. box to be sure, but most of your shipments will probably go through UPS where it's easy to re-route online. Amazon has always been UPS ground for me which is easily rerouted, but you never know when they are going to change carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by OneHotBrit View Post
    The downside to a PO Box is you can only get deliveries via USPS. I would check with a UPS store or something similar. I checked into it once but don't remember what the cost was.
    The UPS Store works perfectly for this-My store now charges a small receiving fee, but it is only five bucks. Just give the vendor the address to the store (may want to confirm that it's okay to have something shipped there first). Really makes sense if you are trying to take delivery of a surprise gift too. Totally works like a charm with Amazon and every other online retailer I have used.

Here's a link to Chicago area UPS Stores
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ups+...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 08-25-2016 at 04:11 AM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I have used the UPS store ,they charge a five dollar fee and call when your package arrives

I use an UPS store PO Box. 20 bucks a month (I have other reasons for having so the expense isn't too bad). Also, mine has a real street address so I can get deliveries from whomever.

Another alternative? Take that great "leap of faith" and tell her. Odds are, 1. she already knows or suspects and 2. The truth will come out sooner or later. I took that LOF, fearing for the worst, but she stayed and, appreciating my courage and honesty, is supportive. There are several great sources with suggestions of how to tell. If it works out, like me, you both will be (hopefully) better off with no guilt, fear, etc., of which all have a negative effect on any relationship. Of course, if you enjoy this "cat and mouse" game, continue racking your brain on how to do both...cd and keep her in the dark.

You could also have the shipments sent to your work address, if you're allowed to receive packages there.

Thanks Jillian

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks Norma

I think you can have packages held for pick up by Fed Ex and UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0918 View Post
    Ladies quick question and these po bxs I could also receive packages? any idea what it cost to get a po box?
    My PO Box costs $63 for 6 months for the smallest size. It is only big enough for letters, but they hold my packages for pickup at the counter. The cost varies by post office. I believe the rural PO Boxes are cheaper than those in the big city.

Yes, you can receive packages, but you will probably need to pick them up at the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Adams View Post
    My PO Box offers a "street address" option, but not all POs offer this. I've bought things from places that didn't ship to PO Boxes. I gave them my PO's "street address" and they came right to my PO Box. I've even had UPS and FedEx deliver to my PO's street address.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    The UPS Store works perfectly for this-My store now charges a small receiving fee, but it is only five bucks. Just give the vendor the address to the store (may want to confirm that it's okay to have something shipped there first). Really makes sense if you are trying to take delivery of a surprise gift too. Totally works like a charm with Amazon and every other online retailer I have used.
    I've had deliveries sent to my local UPS store without having a box there. It costs $5 per package. I need to contact them in advance, or they won't accept the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirya View Post
    You could also have the shipments sent to your work address, if you're allowed to receive packages there.
    Everything that comes to my work address can be opened by the receiving dept. I def would not want to have to explain that, especially when there's so many other options that work.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'd also go for the Amazon Locker option, there are plenty in Chicago! However I'd also recommend talking to your SO, secrecy will just complicated things - better to be honest with them in my experience

Reality Check
    If your "SO" is home all day, how do you find time to dress and enjoy all the things you are buying? And where do you keep them?

We all have different situations but if you can find a way to tell your SO about your little "hobby", things will be far easier for you. I believe there are threads at the top of this forum that discuss how best to do this so read them and figure out the best way for your situation. Results are not guaranteed, but I can say that if she finds out that you've been lying to her for several years, things are not going to go well.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Can you have them mailed to you at work? Just tell co-workers that it's presents for your wife, and don't want her to get them in the mail.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-26-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Not necessarily true that UPS and FedEx cannot deliver to your PO Box. USPS has modified addressing that allows you to use the street address of the Post Office and your box # as a suite #. Rates are market based for the area. Check with you local post office for exact prices. USPS boxes are much cheaper than private mail boxes. You can get PO box at a location other than your delivery office.
    Last edited by Bea A; 08-26-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Both should do Click & Collect service but it's not available for everything.