Thread: I had my initial consult yesterday!

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar

I had my initial consult yesterday!

I had my initial consult yesterday, must have gave 15 vials of blood, undertaking two other tests today for Cortisol and Thyroid function...(My doctor is a total body physician who focuses on functional medicine.)

Depending on my blood results she anticipates prescribing me Spironolactone for sure, but she is waiting to see if it'll be Vivelle or Minivelle (Estradiol). Whatever I end up with, my prescription will be sent to my pharmacy on Monday, August 29th 2016!!!

It feels so amazing to be at the precipice of this life change! For those who have offered advice, or suggested questions to ask my Doctors, I thank you. To those who have put up with my contributions and waffling on this forum, I also thank you. Without the support and contributions of you all, I do not think I would have arrived where I am at. I wil certainly keep everyone abreast of how things go!

Ever & Always,
    Cadence Elizabeth
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Congratulations Cadence! My initial consultation for HRT is tomorrow. I am so excited for you.Looking forward to my appointment. Take care.

Breanna Danielle
    I haven't found the girl yet who wants to date a guy with cuter heels than her!

Congrats Breanna! I hope it all goes well for you too!

Ever & Always,
    Cadence Elizabeth
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

Congrats to you both!!!! This is truly an exciting step in the journey!!!!
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

I know I am sooooo utterly excited i cannot stand it! I'm wishing my life away for Monday to get here. I know I wont feel anything initially, but its just the actual act of applying those patches that will feel like a culmination.

Ever & Always,
    Cadence Elizabeth
    Eddie Izzard

Sounds like you have a great Doc, Caden! Don't expect overnite results, but some things will be evident by October.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Congratulations!!!!
    Life Is One Big Dilation

Congratulations Cadence and Breanna.

I go in for my initial consult on Monday the 29th myself. The way the VA works, I most likely will have my prescription by the time I get done. I will either have it in hand, or I will be waiting for it to arrive in the mail. If I have it in hand when I leave there, then all of my refills will be through the mail.

I hate my schedule at work though. I work until 8 pm tomorrow night, and then I have to be at the VA by 7 am so I can find were I need to go for labs @7:30 and then I see my Dr. @ 8.

I'm so happy for the two of you and I'm very nervous about myself. Mainly because I need to discuss other issues that have me worried.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

So happy for you Cadence !!!

I am going on the same day Mon 29th to give blood for the same reason. But could you have your doc call my doc? Supposedly I have to wait until Oct 24th for my follow up appointment for her to write the prescription. WHAT !!?? I should have pressed her on the follow up but we left it loose saying I had to go to my primary doc anyway. Then I find out her 1st opening is Oct 24th. Going to try to do something about that.

Take a double dose on the 1st day - one for me LOL. CONGRATULATIONS !!

Cadence, the placebo effect of starting is worth it alone. You finally feel like you're actually doing something for yourself. I wish you all the best. Lisa

And they're off....Biggest congrats.