Thread: The terrible middle

The terrible middle

Well, I've reached that dreaded point where full time is on the horizon, yet I am trapped presenting male still for certain things... I really hope things get better on the other side, because riding waves of emotion like this after every haircut or visit to the CG station next door is going to leave me pretty FUBAR in short order. Hopefully, just 10-16 more weeks of this....

haircut!!! eww!!!!!

what changes in 10-16 weeks? thats sooner than you think even if it doesnt feel that way!
    I am real

Jane i am retired navy and live in VA Beach i work out at little creek naval base. I have been living full time sense Jan. I read all your post. ( I read all the posts) but I pay a lot to what u r going though. Brown water navy is still navy to me. With them lifting the
    band and on Transgender servicing. I have read some of what has been put out for Tran personal. What I have read so far is not good but it is a start. The CG dose Fall under the same ucmj dose it not. I know its going to take a year or so for all policies to take
    affect. This is just as important to me as it is to u. Because if severs personally can have all surgeries then the VA will have to follow. But i know long post to get to my question Are u being treated any different now that u came out to command? And have any guidelines come out yet? I keep asking the girls at the gym and none so far here. I was using the male locker room but have stop I don't live to far so I can take a shower at home. I just do not get to use stem room. If u would like to pm u can. With the band lifted. I can c my Dream coming true I would never be able to pay . Love Cindy

Hang in there Jane, eventually this part of the journey will just be a bad memory and something that you can look back on and say - "Yep, I did that!!"

I edited this because I just realized if I don't get in on a cancellation it will be 8 more weeks until my follow up for HRT. ARGHHHHH !!!! 10 weeks is forever LOL
    Last edited by KymberlyOct; 08-26-2016 at 02:51 AM.

Yes, hang in there Jane! I did it for about 6 months due to my personal circumstances. But, the wait for me was worth it! I know it is tough, knowing you are so close and yet so far. But at least you know that you are going to get there. That part is settled. Now, you have to stay the course, to steal a navy reference. I know, it's hard...there are days when its really, really hard, but each day you are one day closer. And you have your entire life ahead of you, a long life, much longer than I, being a late transitioner. You'll be okay. We will get you through this. You will get through this!!

Big hugs....
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Yup...hang in there. The time will fly by. Ironically, I was doing contract work for the Catholic School Board, and it was the only place I presented male. When I finally wrote them, and told them Paula would be working there, I expected that gig to end there, and then.
    They welcomed me with open arms.
    Keep the faith.

Thanks everyone - yesterday was just extra sucky, but today has been way better so far.

The 10-14 weeks is about how long it'll take to approve my transfer, and hopefully get permission to begin "RLE" and conform to female standards at work - I'm also trying to get permission for FFS at about the same time.

Good Luck Jane

It does seem like forever at times. When we take that last big step of coming out to an employer not knowing what will happen is scary and worrisome.

When I came out to mine, it took HR/legal 5-6 months to give the decision for me to legally work as female RLE. About another 4-5 months for SRS, and then everyone was happy.

There were NO legal rights for TG/TS back in the 70s.

I do remember my military service......"hurry up and wait", comes to mind.

The Mad Scientist
    Jane,
    I have met you and you are beautiful. You are not what I would call someone who *ever* needs FFS.

If there ever was a FFS candidate- it was me - so I know.
    That can't ever be in my plans but trust me, if people were to ever see me as female, I'd need it.

Banned Read only
    Jane,
    I feel for you, it's not something on my horizon but talking to TSs at my social group I can see the problems they envisage. One has her own business, so far it hasn't affected her client list but she has had to move out from her family home to give herself the space to get this part of transition in perspective. She's a joy and inspiration to talk to and I hope we support her , I know she enjoys the group I can see how much she relaxes in those few hours.
    I hope you have support in the same way and the forum does give you some encouragement.

Hi Jane,

All will be well... Sometimes things slow to the more "one day at a time" approach to get through sections like this but the time will pass and when it does, I am very much looking forward to a picture of your beaming smile... Wearing your women's CG uniform proudly!!!!... That will be a beautiful day my friend!!!

Take Care,

Ashley
    Last edited by tgirlamc; 08-27-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

Hi Jane, I was reading the very nice replies on here and this thought came into my mind. Jane is smart, determined and has the right attitude. You know that you are going to get through this and get to your goal. Those are the qualities that got you your own boat and those are the same qualities of why you will live as the real you.