Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we do it?

For myself, and my ex-girlfriend, our dressing style was all about our stress levels at the time.
    For her, she was in a high stress corporate situation, where you were expected to dress and act in a certain style, and at the end of the day, she just wanted to rid herself of those clothes ( and corporate style) and dress in the most comfortable (unfashionable) clothes possible. That was her release from the stress of the day, and return to normal mode.
    For me, it was very similar, but opposite. I work in a male oriented, stressful manufacturing environment, and my release was to get home (early start, early finish), and slip into feminine clothing (hers), and if time allowed before my girlfriend came home, full makeup as well.
    For both of us it was a stress relief, disrobing ourselves of the pressures of the day, and relaxing in a "I don't care, kind of way".

When I was younger and on summer holidays I would go to work with my father, I remember walking into different office work places and it would amaze me on how I couldn't get enough of all those beautiful women working there, all dressed to the nines, dresses, heels and always looking there best. Now my wife works in a large office and when I go to her work out of about fifty women working there I may find maybe one wearing a skirt and not to often anyone wearing a dress. My wife doesn't own any pantyhose, she borrows from me when she needs a pair, only wears a dress or skirt to a funeral or wedding, goes to work wearing pants all the time. I believe the women has chosen comfort over beauty. In not to many works my wife when dressed isn't butchy, but isn't what I remember as a elegant women. The man is becoming the women.

For me it started at a very young age, maybe 2 or 3. My mother had always wanted a girl but I was what she got, my dad word a lot of nights so whenever he wasn't home she would dress me...this continued all through school, every afternoon when I came home she would either dress me or she had clothes all picked out for me and then about the time I entered high school she stopped of which was a shock to me...later in life I started dressing again and enjoyed it very much....I am now in my late 60's and living the life I was ment to be and very happy

Thanks for asking Carla,

I have been fascinated with the thought of getting caught wearing 'nothing but panties' under my skirt since I was very young. I've spent many hours in front of the mirror at home flashing myself but when I got my driver's license I began venturing out in public. I was usually satisfied just catching glimpses of myself in the reflections of the glass doors of the refrigerated sections of grocery stores or mirrors in the furniture department of department stores but eventually I had to get caught by someone to cross the line.

I had really hair legs until around 1997 but it was around 1983 that I first flashed a convenience store clerk in a cheerleader uniform on Halloween. I came up with the idea of dropping my change on the floor and bending over to pick it up with my back towards the register. That first guy positively and humorously commented on my costume when I walked up. And after I flashed him he had big grin on his face as if to say that was really nice but he was too embarrassed to say anything. I think the last time I did it the lady said that I'm going have to learn to bend over in a short skirt as my change scattered on the floor. She was also grinning as I stood back up to grab my purchase.

I've done that may times over the years but gave it up since it's not really accidental. That, and I've been told that I could get in trouble with the law for it.

These days I still to the cheerleader thing but I let any panty shots be from just falling into the predicament of having a skirt that is too short for what I'm doing. I get my outings while volunteering or participating for mud runs, 5K runs, zombie runs, costume runs, etc... and everyone loves it! I don't advertise that I'm wearing nothing but panties under my skirt but accidents do occasionally happen. And I find myself trying to keep them from happening instead of making them happen. I think that's what most women would do if they were wearing a uniform as a costume and just wore panties because they didn't have a pair of cheer trunks.

When I go out I go as the traditional guy as a cheerleader – not as someone trying to pass as a woman. The biggest difference, obviously, is that I'm wearing nothing but panties under my skirt. And I completely tuck away my man parts between my legs with a gaff made from a thong worn underneath my regular panties. I also shave my arms and legs but still wear makeup that only a guy trying to be humorous would wear.

I have many stories to tell but here is one with a pic from an event with a couple of pretty positive panty flashes. Just before the pic below was taken, I was given the 'ladies first' gesture by one of the mud run organizers as I climbed out of the dirt track at Texas Motor Speedway. It was at least a two foot tall wall and I know the guy got a good, close up peek at my panties. After the pic was taken I was walking up the rather steep steps to the concession area when I looked back to see another man from the mud run company intently looking up with his eyes bugged out and his mouth gaping open in astonishment. I was wearing a Vanity Fair Illumination Helenca floral lace bikini panty over my beige thong gaff when this took place.

After I left here I cleaned my shoes, freshened my makeup, put on my good wig and headed to a small bar where I did a couple of high kicks during the costume contest before attempting the splits.

Cheers!
    Marcelo

AFF.jpg

Banned Read only
    I'm a child of the 1950's and 1960's when my idea of femininity was developed. Back then girls could not wear anything but dresses and skirts to school. Women generally wore dresses to work and church.....always to church. Consequently I only wear dresses with the proper undergarments; bra, panty and slip, and, hosiery and heels. I feel very comfortable attired in a dress. In male mode I am most comfortable, as a retiree, in jeans and tee shirts.

My wife? When we were dating and newly married she was all feminine, whether in a dress or short shorts. In the 1970's she wore only dresses and skirts and heels to work. That was the norm. Now the norm is office comfort. A woman can look professional in nicely tailored pants and tops. I guess you have to ask a woman what type of function makes her feel obligated to "dress up." My wife has a weight issue, which seems to draw her to wearing pants and tops. Foot surgery precludes heels.

As to weight issues, encouragement does not automatically equal nagging. My wife has a BMI over 30. She is fifty to sixty pounds overweight. She has low end diabetes. The excess weight leads to joint and organ problems as she found out last week. If I were to dwell on the fact that she was a dynamite young woman of 115 pounds when we first met, and, scolded her for adding the weight, then that would be nagging. To encourage her that her health would be better and her diabetes would be under better control if she lost some weight is not nagging. She has good muscle tone because she does a lot of walking. However, as we age as a couple and I lose the customary muscle strength, there is no way I would be able to easily assist her if she were to become immobile. Rather I live at our home, and, she in a nursing facility?

Frankly, I think any woman is entitled to tell her hubby off royally that he looks better in a dress than her. Wearing a dress does not equal "inner" femininity.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Are you suggesting that the way your wife dresses is influencing the way you dress?
    No, not really. But, there are times where we're both dressed pretty much identically. Kinda' like male comfort mode.

In other words, if she dressed in heels and tight dresses you would not need to?
    OMG, on the contrary. I think the competition would be on. That would be fabulous fun and sooo out of her comfort zone.

Wonderful insight and comment, Jenn.
    Thanks, you always make me rethink.

A little bit of a footnote here. I absolutely love and adore my Wife.
    We are absolute soulmates and I refrain from any derogatory comments.
    She's very special and I take care of her lovingly.
    She is my heartbeat.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 08-28-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    It's funny how the general consensus seems to be that women relax their clothing style but no mention is made of how we guys dress. A suit and tie used to be the norm for me, but now I avoid that at all costs. Just so uncomfortable...but how could women relate?

Banned Read only
    Why do we do it, I do it because I have always done it from the first time back that I can remember.
    One of the things I am somewhat puzzled about why do we change our names to female names when we dress, yes I changed mine too, but would have been happy with just plain Pat.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Panty shots in public just for fun??
    Sounds really pervy so don't be surprised if you get in some hot water doing that.
    If you are doing make up in a humorous way you are making fun of the run of the mill crossdresser and adding the panty flashing thing then in turn you are making it harder for actual MtF TG people IMO.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It's funny how the general consensus seems to be that women relax their clothing style but no mention is made of how we guys dress. A suit and tie used to be the norm for me, but now I avoid that at all costs. Just so uncomfortable...but how could women relate?
    A suit with shirt and neck tie...why don't you just throw a noose around my neck and hang me! I'm sure that is the way many women feel about dresses, pantyhose and heels all day.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I think we have to keep in mind that for most of us, we just dress for fun and only when we want to. I really loves heels but honestly even if in a magic world where it would be normal for a guy to wear heels, I will not wear them everyday.

Most of the time, my grilfriend dresses well but not to the nines. When she do so, but it's because she want to and at this time she really enjoy the preparation and to be pretty. As sometimes, she just want to be comfortable. It is her choice depending on how she feels.
    At work, formal suit is mandatory. My girlfriend like it and always says that I'm very elegant. But most of the time, when I am out of office, I just wear comfortable clothes.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

I think that wanting something for a long time and not being able to have it, sort of leads you to indulging in that thing later on in life. Young girls are often made to wear pretty but uncomfortable clothes, and generally take it for granted that they can do so whenever they feel like it. Guys who have that particular female instinct end up being denied it for such a long time that it becomes a source of considerable stress, and so later on in life when they are able to live on their own, spend money how they want, etc, all that pent-up frustration and desire gets let out every so often as a response to stress, or just as sort of an expression of their independence, in contrast to what they couldn't do but wanted to as kids.