Thread: How I spent 2 Days to go out Dressed, but drab at night (A bit long post)

Silver Member

How I spent 2 Days to go out Dressed, but drab at night (A bit long post)

I had two days in a row with a bit longer period to dress, about 6 hours each day. This was the first time since very early June that I could fully dress and wear makeup. As many of you may know I love to spend time in beauty salons,so that is what I did.
    Thursday,I went to a new shop because the place I usually go to was booked solid due to my stylist's upcoming maternity leave. When I made the appointment the receptionist/stylist scheduled herself to do my hair. She greeted me nicely and asked about what i desired and then did a gentle shampoo of my human hair wig and blew it out an curled it with a curling iron. Our conversation was pleasant and the salon was not too busy. I did my own makeup prior to arriving. I then had my therapy appointment which I of course went to all dressed. The session went very well since i was de-stressed from finally being able to fully dress. My therapist notices a few differences when I dress, more eye contact and my body language is more open and at ease.
    Friday,I tried yet another new place in north Jersey that I found on the net which was a makeup studio and salon. The decor was all white and very femininely accented with flowers and sheer curtains between stations. The owner met me with a big smile and a hello along with the hairdresser that would be doing my hair but i was then introduced to a personal shopper that the salon works with to discuss her and I going shopping in September for some fall outfits. She was a pleasure to talk to and had a list of info she wanted to know to better plan our shopping trip. I then had a makeup lesson done by the owner who was taught me many new tricks to cover/downplay those pesky male features. She explained what she was doing as she went along. I almost didn't recognize myself when she finished.
    Then on to my hair styling. I had an appointment for a roller set which was done with great care and then I went under the dryer for about 50 minutes to dry. I caught up on some of the latest fashions mags while I dried. I was finished up with a meticulous comb-out. Oh my stylist, also took some cute photos of me at different stages of the roller set, including those really "attractive" under the dryer shots.
    Before I left they said that they looked forward to my return and that if I need an appointment outside of their business hours they would accommodate me. I chatted with the owner about this forum and she was fine with me sharing her details if others here want her services. Anyone interested just PM me and I'll share.
    I almost forgot, I wore jeans and a peplum top to the salon and then changed into a scuba dress from Kohl's for my hair appointment for some variety.

Your post did not mention "drab at night" so not sure what to conclude other than you enjoying both days. Did I miss something?
    Curious
    Julie
    Summer-wear time

Silver Member
    Julie,
    My son was home at night and he is not aware of this aspect of me so I was drab from early evening till the next morning. Thanks for reading and replying.