Thread: What a night

What a night

Wow I'm still shaking .I got dressed this evening and spent more time than usual doing my makeup especially my eyes which always gives me trouble.I wanted to look as good as I could because of what I had planned.The CD gods were kind to me this night because my makeup went great ,even my false lashes went on perfectly.Thanks to some encouraging words from some of you I wanted to hit a drive thru while dressed, baby step perhaps but still terrifying to me.I drove to a coffee shop on the other side of the city pulled into the drive thru lane ,I was the only car there which scared me,they would be expecting a man to pull up to the window because I couldn't disguise the voice when ordering.The girl didn't react because I looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself.But when I handed over the money with my man hands and said thank you in my man voice when she gave me my order she may have been wondering what just happened.I didn't care I'd just done something that scared the crap out of me and now can't wait to do it again.While out after the drive thru I went to the public library to return some books using the night slot ,something I've done a few times while dressed.As I was walking back to my car with the sound of my heels echoing off the building I could hear voices approaching, around the corner 2 girls and a boy came walking in my direction,no fear I just continued to the car,they ignored me.After this amazing night I can't wait to get out and about again.Thanks for your encouraging words and support .This forum is just what I need.

Cool. Glad that you enjoyed yourself. Sound exciting. I've only taken a quick walk around the block after dark. I think I'll take another walk tonight.
    You've got your mother in a whirl
    She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Karen I was I could have been there with you and yes the cd goddesses can be good some night,I think next you should try going to a clothing store and trying on some dresses etc.that one was a rush for me.I'm happy for you,and remember if you can't love yourself how the hell you gunna love someone else.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

One more thing try faking your voice,practice, practice practice and you will see it will come out naturally. For me I call a urban chat line or party line and practice talking to the fellas ,I first started by saying I was transgender but when I got my voice down I just hi I'm Jennifer and if you could only hear how many messages I get .Good luck hunn and keep on going

awesome. I still can't do lashes
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Couldn't feel happier for you...congratulations and well done.

Tania

Karen, very good and the fact that you did go out and do it. Wow, false eyelashes and you put them on. Nice...
    Part Time Girl

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    False lashes? VERY impressive!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    "But when I handed over the money with my man hands and said thank you in my man voice when she gave me my order she may have been wondering what just happened."

You had me laughing with that sentence!

Always have to wonder what it's like on their side of things in these situations.

Anyway, congrats on your night out! Fun, ain't it?

All it takes are some baby-steps.

And it's always good that you can reflect back & recognize some weaker areas, like the voice & hands. As someone mentioned, practicing the voice ahead of time does help, perhaps in the exact words you're going to say. If anything, try to use at least "less" of a man-voice.

As for hands, that's always tough. Women's winter gloves can help in the colder months, as the right kind can make your hands appear smaller. Also, some sort of ruffles or something (extra-long sleeves?) at the cuffs can help hide some of those larger hands. What might also help is to try to minimize your hand as much as possible, by using only the thumb, index & middle fingers, while curling up the other two? Just an idea.

So, where will you be going tomorrow night?
    Last edited by ellbee; 08-30-2016 at 11:56 PM. Reason: typo!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have only been out at night but I think I am getting closer and closer to taking the plunge and having a daylight trip somewhere. I know it must be daunting the first time you go out and interact with other people, and I suppose once its done the fear goes. As for false eyelashes, always wear them! (though they are fiddly bloomin things...)

Congratulations. So far I haven't gotten on the wig and false eyelashes, but I've felt the thrill of being totally dressed otherwise and it's great. (I even pumped gas in a skirt and blouse just prior to dark) wow!

Reality Check
    "Man hands". There was an episode of the Jerry Seinfeld show where he had a date with a beautiful woman but he thought she had "man hands" and he couldn't continue dating her.

There are, of course, man hands and MAN HANDS. Our hands and feet are some of the things that cannot be changed by surgery and will always call out "male". Some of us are lucky to have hands that might fall into the range of normal women's hands but some are big enough to palm a basketball. No hope there.

You may be overthinking this because if someone thinks they are dealing with a woman, they probably won't notice the hands unless they are overly large or covered with hair. I assume you shave your hands.

While it is extremely difficult to develop an female voice for conversation, I think many of us could master "A cup of coffee with cream and sugar." and "Thank you." in a reasonable sounding female voice. These people are just doing a boring job, they are not on crossdresser patrol. And in the end, of course, you don't know them and they don't know you. If the person went home and told their boyfriend "I had a tranny come through the drive through today.", what does it matter to you?

As for the eyelashes, I may live in a boring community, but I only know one female who wears false eyelashes (she has also had a boob job) and they are pretty obviously fake (the eyelashes, the boobs are fine).

Stop shaking, don't be too hard on yourself, and keep enjoying Karen.

Not sure what length of false eyelashes you used, but since they do come in different lengths, don't be afraid to find the length that works best for you. I found a pair in Walmart of all places that suit me well. Makeup is a challenge for me as well. I have an idea how you felt when it went well for you, and how that would add to your confidence. Hey...maybe that's a Niagara Region thing.

Karen

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I think the shaking afterwards is simply part of the rush!