Thread: The other day. It was so wonderful.

The other day. It was so wonderful.

The other day I was about to clock out from work when I get a text from my Mom.

She needed something from me and she and my Niece; who was the first person I ever opened up to about me being Trans; were at the store where I work shopping for some groceries.

My Niece found me while I was working and got what they needed from me and shortlyafter that I finished cleaning up and went on my last break at t end of my shift.

I had a few things I needed to pick up and got in line with them so they could take what I needed in the car wit the when we all left.

Anyway; while we were in line, I was talking with my Niece, when I heard my Mom call me Emma! Because she needed to hand me something.

She didn't say it loud, but she said it. I'm glad she didn't say it loud because I'm not out at work yet and there was far to much activity for any of my coworkers to have heard her. Heck, I barely heard her and I was standing right next to her.

I reacted in the most normal way ever to her at the time, that I look back and it feels almost like a dream.

After we got home, I thanked her and gave her a hug for calling me Emma for the very first time.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

There is something pretty special when your mom uses your real name for the first time

A wonderful feeling. Keep it going. <3

THanks for sharing that!! Im really glad for yoU!
    I am real

Happened to me too, it was part serious part good natured joke but it felt good. She tries giving me makeup advice LOL

How wonderful, Emma Beth. Hug her every day. I wish I still had my mom to talk to.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Emma hope that good feeling keeps on.
    It is always good when your family supports you.

When I came out to my mother, hence the entire family, she kind of expected something like that. Even thou she never said it, I think she was happy about it. She had always wanted a birth daughter, but had my 3 brothers and me.

She died in 2013, her and my whole extended family has always supported me.

ty for sharing... so many intense feelings in this...
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

Thanks, everybody.

My Mom has become one of my best friends in all this.

We love to spend time together on the Archery Range, I depend on her for most of my style tips to keep my clothes age appropriate, and some hair tips. So, because of her I will have very little trouble getting clocked in that department, once I go full time.

I have surprised her with how well I can put on my own make up though. The only thing I need her help with, as far as make up goes, is working with color.

It's been real nice to know that we actually have been bonding as Mother and Daughter.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.