Thread: Year three check in.

Year three check in.

Last July 12 was three years on HRT, and approx. the same amount of time full-time. It has been an interesting year, not so much from changes from hormones, or legal stuff, I'm past all that. Just life stuff.
    I can't even count how many friends I've made. Almost all women. They all know I'm trans, and that is as far as it has gone. They're over the questions, and to them I'm just Paula, one of the group. I still cherish my trans friends, and that we never outgrow.
    Had an 8 month relationship with a gender fluid man. A real sweetheart, who is still a dear friend. His fluidity made him just decide to stay out of relationships. Too complicated.
    I'm going out with a transwoman now, who thinks I may be a lesbian, LOL, but that too is complicated. We have never called each other 'girlfriend' yet, but there's a blanket in the back of my car just for Sam, her dog, so I think that's a sign.
    I passed a milestone and began wearing a bathing suit in public. I've been to the beach numerous times this summer. So far no harpoons. In fact, I don't think a single person has seen me as anything but a slightly oversize woman in a tankini. Good for the ego.
    I joined a photography club, and we're a mixed group who go out on our photo safaris. I am their webmistress, and our leader is moving, so I was named Dictator for Life. Nobody has ever mentioned gender, but a few have joined my facebook page, and seen the Pride banner, and trans flag. Still nothing.
    Tried my hand a camping. 18 gender variant folks in the same campground. With my distaste for- in order- sleeping on the ground, ashes in my coffee, hot dogs, mosquitos- I had to improvise. We brought a queen size mattress with frame, a coffee machine, and truly spectacular food. I forgot my blowdryer, but I'm new at this.
    My guitar collection has spilled over into the guest room, to make room for camera stuff. I'm a serial collector.

By now you are dizzy, and wondering where this all is going. Bottom line- Somewhere in the depths of my mind, I will always be trans. Now, after three years, I really don't think anybody else sees me as trans. I've lost that feeling that was with me the first couple of years, that everybody was looking at me, and mumbling 'Look at the tranny'. Perhaps I have passed that biggest milestone of all- I have attained invisibility. Cool.

It's nice to know there's a destination of sorts to this journey with a "Nirvana" at the end. Thanks for the update! Happy you're happy!

Sounds like you need a camping trailer with generator or a motor home.

Oh paula ,
    the things you hate about camping are what it is all about dear lol I spent many years in the alaskan bush and other remote areas I lived out if you will meaning full time ,camping is what most do on a weekend, I always knew my spring seaon was starting right before setting up for the season if maggie my camp moose stepped on me at least once ,always knew when it got cold at night as the alarm clock always stopped when the oil stiffened up and of course the frozen coffe pot and frozen tooth paste ahh the good life------- I miss it
    hugs phylis anne

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    You rock Paula you know that!!!
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Phylis Anne- we are trying again, but removing the last obstacle- the tent. Tomorrow night we shall be camping in a hotel...downtown. I think this will suit.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 08-28-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks Paula, Great story and great writing. You get across your point with some laughs thrown in, love it. Happy for you.

Yeah I think camping is out for me! Unless in a nice hotel.
    Suzanne
    Life Is One Big Dilation

That all sounds wonderful and im very happy for you!!

thanks for sharing it
    I am real

Nice thread, Paula"......thank you for sharing.

Carlene

Update- Spent the weekend in Toronto, and my sweetie still has not made the 'girlfriend' call. We hold hands in public, we sleep together (sleep! We're both pre-op, and the panties stay on) and we kiss.
    Still waiting.

Glad to hear that you're living life. Three more weeks til I hit that three year mark on hormones. Now living as the old broad on the Harley.

We all need to remember that we need to live before we die. Make that "Someday" today, quit waiting, start doing.

Hugs, Girl!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.