Thread: Common misconception

Common misconception

I was at my shrink the other day, all dressed up, when I started talking to a guys across from me after noticing how "hott" the girl that walked by was. You can guess the next question, "You're not gay"!? No, not at all. Needless to say, after a long talk, we shook hands, he wanted my fb page but i no longer have on.

As a whole people are scared and panic, individuals can be talked to calmly theu an actual conversation.

Made me feel oh so good.

Jessikah

Silver Member
    Welcome to the forum! Please tell us more about yourself, family situation, why you are in therapy, etc.. We really like to get to know you better!

Fogive me, just woke from a nap, i will gladly but i will go back to the intoduction and add it there within the hour. Thank you, i so do not wake up fast.

UPDATE:

More added to my introduction, I hope this helps better understand me and your questions.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I was asked to explain a little more. My therapist, me, etc....... i alao added it to my intro, hope this is ok,

Well I gave some background on my current situation in the beginning, yet I knew it wasn't everything, kinda dipping my toe in the water so to speak.

I have a shrink, because i am a CD'er, but because I can't as freely as i would like to, I do have plans one day to go the full route and have the HRT, and surgery. I see my therapist since i have known him long time, he was my high school latin teacher and his sister is a lesbian for as long as he can remember. His practice is in WV which gives me and 1 1/2 drive each way to be ME. He has even made some calls to an endocrine friend to help me.

Now i also see him due to my parents not being well and I do live with them, my mother is very ill: more bones then meat, dementia, stroke, 2 sub-arachnoidal hemotomas, 2 coils in the brain which have moved in to the point of not being able to be removed with today's technology. My father is severely depressed and stressed which are taking a physical toll on him drastically.

I have worked CD'ing, transgender and transsexual into many a different conversations, they all end up the same. MOM- oh god, i just couldn't handle if you painted your nails or put black lipstick on (as goth clothing is my preferred style), which I wear now and have pretty much since high school (whoa, long time).

I have a great group of female friends (lesbian and straight), who allow me to be me, although admittedly one isn't happy about it, she is the only one who doesn't text or call me unless she needs something on her car.

I have made the decision to stay at the CD'ing level for as long as i have to, although, if I have to choose them or me it will always be them. I will sadly and happily give all up for them. However, that being said, I jokingly tell my dad that when i move i am going to change my location and identity. lol

Sadly though, I am not good with makeup yet but do love youtube, and my one wig needs trimming, which one of my female friends offered to do for me.

I know I may not have answered to some satisfaction, so if that is the case, please ask. If you feel it too personal, PM me.

I always been acknowledged as being very in touch with my feminine side, and describe as playing for the right team, just wearing the wrong uniform. all to which I agree, from the moment I put the ballerina outfit one in preschool, I knew it was right. Confused by my reflection, and uncomfortable in my "boy" clothes.

Jessikah
    Last edited by Dragonfir3zz; 08-29-2016 at 03:32 PM. Reason: no point for a one line reply

Gay guys can't appreciate "hott" chicks? I would have responded "Why do you ask? Are you?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

After talking to him, and knowing the area has a high CD / TRANS community, he was simply trying to educate himself. Which i was glad to do, ignorance is what breeds problems and i hoped one more knowledgeable person passing on what he learned would help.

Jessikah- Right team, wrong uniform. ;-)

Welcome to the forum Jessikah. Yes I agree that one by one we can talk to people about and educate them. It was nice you did that.
    Part Time Girl

Of course I did ask my shrink about him, and he told me he is a stand up guy. Always learning when he can, and if he can he will admit fault. I grant you, the whole conversation was started when I was staring at the young woman walking by and my jaw dropped, but i also will say it seemed he just needed a way to start talking.

I have always helped when I can who I can nevermind the cost. I am tattooed ao have explained each of their meaning on more then one occation, including my broken nexk from 22yrs ago ( but that is for another thread i think, still navigating do's and dont's)

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessikah, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home,

That is a pretty interesting story.

When you get 10 posts I will PM you......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I feel like that, so calm & relaxed. Welcome and understood by more & more each day. Not counting my current female friends, including my "other dad" who is a lesbian & married finially.

One of my girls said i am a lesbian stuck in a msns body. They are happy for me in this, joining the forum, and want to help as i progress toward my goals.

Jessikah - right team, wrong uniform.

You asked your therapist about another patient and they responded?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I said he seemed cool, and response was only that he was a great guy. Absolutely no personal questions to my therapist, i know better and have known him since high school.

The guy had already told me a few things on his own after we started talking. So in the technical therapist v patient he said nothing. He knows better, he also started as a priest prior to being a teacher. Now he is a therepist, and specializes in substance abuse. My trust in his confidence is why i drive 90 min each way to see him, plus i get to girl up on the way and way back. Next time i am taking my camera, he is in WV.

Jessikah

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That definitely has to be the first and foremost question/assumption.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".