Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe this will explain a lot to the older group.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Of course if the theory were true, you could take T supplements and you would quit dressing...right? I mean that's how they treat menopause. False logic.
    I do and I haven't quit dressing. Testosterone is important to our bodies for more than just sex or feeling "manly". Not being a doctor or trying to pretend I am, I won't go into it but my doctor told me it was important to maintain a normal testosterone level for "quality of life". Since he is a doctor and I am not, I believe him.

The Internet has great value as an educational tool but it also has great risks. If I wanted to, I could set myself up as some qualified doctor or researcher and publish opinions on just about anything. Nobody would know the difference.

We can explain how a car engine or an electric motor works scientifically. We cannot do the same with the human mind.

I just got a red sports car AND red pumps!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Age: 74. Opinion of cited data: psychcobabble. Shoes for my red XK 120: red strappy sandals.

Hmmm ... Less T, more E, but still no boobs. Life just isn't fair!

" Fueled by hormonal change and a conviction that time is running out, they cross dress in more earnest." .. ah .. but for me it becomes more of an effort to actually dress up! I'll turn 60 next birthday, I'm more relaxed about the whole thing, "out" to friends and family, my wife hangs up my dresses in the wardrobe and puts my lingerie in the drawer without ( as far as I can tell ) any stress or resentment at all, but I find that the feeling of " I'll go mad if I don't put on a skirt and tights right now" is becoming less and less frequent, having the acceptance and freedom is more important than the actual dressing. I usually wear Sloggi or Playtex briefs, but that's simply because they are soft, light and comfortable!
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've been dressing regularly since I was about 17, I'm now 52. If I have been through the so-called andropause I havn't really noticed it. The main influences on my dressing and regularity of it are dictated by finance and opportunity not by any hormonal imbalances, I don't feel a need to do more as I get older. Some people think they need 'the answer' as to why they do what they do, which is fine if you do need it, I don't. I really think sometimes that what we do is over analyzed, but if you need that answer thats up to you. I have no idea what my testosterone levels are, and truthfully I don't really care, I've never felt 'manly' and never pretended to be, but I'm not effeminate either, I'm just 'me'.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Shoes for my red XK 120: red strappy sandals.
    Perfect. Hard to beat a sexy girl, sexy heels and sexy Jag-u-ar!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Why in guy mold now?

I find myself cross my legs at the knee and folding my hands in my lap. Never did that before and never had to even think about it. But now I caught my self doing it in public, and checking to see if anyone was looking. Oh and here is another thing not in male mode this time but when I am dressed I actually think I can dance. With two left feet in 6 in heels.