Thread: Right/left

Right/left

I've noticed lately that my right hand and foot seem to be larger than my left. I'm wearing 5" heels as I type this and the left heel fits like Cinderella's glass slipper but the right fits like her wicked stepsister's. I can get bangle bracelets on my left wrist but not my right. I've no idea if that applies to my brain as I can't remember all that left right brain mumbo jumbo. Anyone else experience this?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Of course, Josie. I believe it's actually rare when folks have the same size feet.

When trying on shoes I only try on the rite one. Because if it fits, the left one will for sure!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Same here as far as feet go. My right foot gets sore long before my comfortable left, in heels, or guy shoes, for that matter. I broke my right big toe, in 1996, and it has been bigger than my left big toe. Quite painful in heels after an hour or so. Very painful longer than that. Left foot fine for hours.

Body asymmetry is normal, usually larger on your dominant side. Having symmetric body would be unusual.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Josie, in the early 70's while in the boy Scouts I can remember most of us had ex-army hobnail leather boots and to get the best fit we used to soak them in water and then "walk till dry" this method worked well for the sizing difference between the left & right. Later in life I used the same method for most of my leather boots R.M.s (a local western type)rock crushers (motor cycle) and off the shelf dress shoes. (Leather)
    As for my hands they are of identical size, maybe because I use either when doing tasks and favor neither (helpful in mechanical trades)
    My wedding ring fits left & right, though as I have worn it on left hand for 20+ years there is a visible indentation. I haven't graduated to heels as yet so my knowledge of their comfort and how to adjust them is currently zero. I wouldn't try the walk till dry method on synthetic materials though. Gina

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I can get bangle bracelets on my left wrist but not my right.
    It's the same for me, Have a much easier time with the left.

I'm not sure about hands, but my right foot is definitely larger than my left.

Banned Read only
    I once measured both my legs and my right one is 1 inch bigger around than my left. That could be attributed to when I was 17 and broke both my leg leg at the shin and my right ankle. I don't know. But I know shoes are tighter on the right than the left.

As many have commented, it is the norm for one foot/hand to be larger than the other. That is one reason the sales personnel at (self-service) shoe stores in the factory outlet malls are supposed to check the sizes of both shoes when a customer is checking out. Just to make sure someone hasn't switched a shoe of one size for another.

Banned Read only
    Josie,
    I saw a shoe fitting guide in a mail order catalogue so I checked my feet and found my right foot is an E fit and my left foot is an EE fit, a SA in a shoe shop once told me if you're right handed you left foot is usually bigger. I see Lorileah suggests the opposite, I was always the odd one out !

Women's shoe sizing is all over the place anyway, some of mine are wide fit and some normal but it's not always the wide fit that are more comfortable.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We all have noticed and yes its normal.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My feet and hands are both the same size, I must be a freak!

it is normal for your feet to be different sizes

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My left foot is larger than my right, so does that make me the only person with two feet measuring 24 ⅛ inches?
    Look, it's the best I could do at short notice, I'm afraid.

On another note, I once knew a Scotsman who had to have a foot off, so he could wear a kilt.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Most people have one foot that is larger than the other.
    As for your wrist the question is are your right handed?? If you are then bingo there is your answer. You do so much more with that hand/arm than the left it's of course going to be a bit larger.
    As for the feet, that's just genetics I guess, but you're not alone. My left foot is larger than my right and being right handed my right wrist is the larger of the two and I have the same problem with bracelets.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have heard of this before.
    My fingers are about like that, from my right hand and left hand.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Same problem with my feet. My wife mentioned a shoe place somewhere where they actually sell the shoes individually instead of "paired" so if you need a 9 for your right and a 9 1/2 for your left you can buy them like that... Don't remember where she said it was... I'll have to ask her.

My feet tend to swell and my left is the larger!! My hands are much the same size!! My wife's shoe sizes were 1 and 3!! That was a difficult problem as she had to wear children's shoes!! She did have one place where she could buy the right sizes because someone else had the exact opposite size!! Hugs Lana Mae

My left foot is slightly larger than my right foot. I buy my heels to fit the left foot. I then pad out the right one to fit. Have done this for years.

Men, generally don't notice this as men's shoes fit loosely.

jodi