Thread: HRT and Heart

HRT and Heart

I haven't posted in a really long time, life has been cray-cray, but I am back today because I could really use some help. I am at the point in my transition and life where I am ready to start my HRT. I have had a number of doc appts lately and recently learned that I have a dilated aorta as a result of years of high blood pressure. The BP is under control now, and other labs, etc are good but docs are hinting that HRT may be dangerous and/or denied for me. I am not getting any definitive answers though, just more "go here, test this, wait and see...". I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with this issue or other similar HRT disqualifications or challenges? And especially if/how they were overcome. I appreciate any feedback, thanks a bunch, Holly

You are not alone.

Lallie

Add: I'm sorry nobody else has responded, Holly. You might try searching for posts on issues that may contraindicate HRT and/or surgery, as there are many here. There aren't many very young women here, but neither are there many who are no longer middle-aged. It's a bit lonely here. Good luck!
    Last edited by Starling; 08-31-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Addendum
    Time for a change.