Thread: What benefits or enjoyment do you get from CDing?

Silver Member

What benefits or enjoyment do you get from CDing?

Lady Pleasure's post om"Ashamed" mentioned benefits of CDing. What are yours? Though its impossible for me to recount all, some of mine are: dressing for the pure enjoyment of it and not feeling guilty, my brain becoming more feminine when I do, the tightness of my bra and the jiggle of my forms, the feel of my lipstick, the hug of my thigh his as they envelop my legs, and much more.
    So, what are yours? Everyone, please share. Thanks!

Aspiring Member
    I'm just hypothesising in the middle of a less-than-ideal lull.

I think I feel considerably more natural en femme, even if it's just T-shirt, shorts, wig, lingerie. The tightness of my bra - specifically underwire! - does provide some assurance as well, although it's genuinely nice not to be bound by one even if I don't have any cleavage.

I won't lie that I enjoy the feeling of the clothes as well. There is nothing like an opulent satin lining on a cropped jacket, and there is equally nothing like the spaghetti straps of a cotton camisole. I don't dispute the appeal of stockings, but they aren't anything I'd wear all the time. Maybe it's just me, but a summer dress is definitely much more breezy than its spear counterpart.

Perhaps there's a mild element of beauty therein as well - even if I probably am not 'pretty', I relish the illusion of being such as it doesn't really come as often as I'd like. Much of make-up and dressing up is inherently an act that aims to beautify to begin with, although the extents to which I have tried are admittedly getting lesser as I begin to fail to see the need to be fully dolled up.

Further than this I'd say without rancour that I've had the opportunity to probe 'where/who/what am I' kind of questions to a certain degree, although I can't say I have all the answers. What outweighs my guilts and shames and doubts, what I am ready for, how far I have accepted myself for this, especially how I see myself.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Jenny all of the above, I enjoy getting dolled up walking in heels looking at the mirror and seeing a woman.Maybe not a passable one but it is a mirror to my inner soul and being.I no longer feel ashamed or embarrassed about dressing. The only thing that haunts me is I don't want to get cought by someone I know.Knock on wood!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    R u kidding me? What else could I be doing at 70+ that provides this much excitement, satisfaction, and pushes my limits? And, I get to meet up with T friends that r younger, interesting, and inspiring. I meet new ones all the time.

Altho it took me over 10 years to work thru the whole TS, trans, want to be woman thing. But, now Sherry is my fantasy woman come true. She allows me to become nearly any woman I can imagine!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The enjoyment is why I do it. I love the look and feel of the clothes as well as the variety. The real benefit is that I am happy with myself.

Reality Check
    I enjoy all the parts of crossdressing. The feeling of the hair, boobs and butt, the feeling of the clothes and the jewelry. And I enjoy seeing a woman looking back at me in the mirror.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Benefits? Well, along with being him, I get to be her, also. I think that being just him all of the time would be like a glass half empty.
    That being said, I don't think that I want to be just her all of the time, either.

Well, maybe!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Benefits? Well, along with being him, I get to be her, also. I think that being just him all of the time would be like a glass half empty.
    That being said, I don't think that I want to be just her all of the time, either.

Well, maybe!
    Yes, this! I have got to get out of the house!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Silver Member
    3 weeks paid vacation, 9 holidays, full medical and dental with copay, HSA, 401k with upto 5% matching. And once a month casual day, dress as you like!

I get to look in the mirror and see a "woman" that looks kinda ok. I get to go out with friends that tell me I'm pretty. I get to be that friend that supports my friends, comiserate and celebrates with them. I get to be a CD with a story and be a pleasant surprise by breaking stereotypes. I, for just a little while, get to be the strong, confident, fun, loving person with female characteristics I like to be.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 08-30-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Benefits and enjoyment are two different things. Benefits include being able to view the world from a different vantage point, being able to relate to others in a fashion I would not be afforded as my male self and for me, the biggest, is being vulnerable in a way I cannot and do not allow myself to be as a man. This vulnerability is rewarded by my being loved, accepted and welcomed by so many people I simply would not know otherwise.

Enjoyment for me is the whole process, selecting just the right outfit for the occasion, picking out the right shoes and accessories, deciding how I want to do my makeup, the smooth feeling after a full body shave, getting dressed and seeing myself transform in the mirror as I work though everything, applying my makeup, and then putting on that wig, the final step. When I do that I cannot help but break out in a huge smile, really pleased with the person I see in front of me. Proud, actually.

It takes courage to do what we do, to be ourselves and an incredible amount of honesty to walk out that door, head up, shoulders back and your purse swinging gently off of your shoulder!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Sherry, What Great answer. That is exactly what it is to me too. I realize it is just a fantasy and fun So at my age I better enjoy it or not do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Benefits or enjoyment? Yeah, both The benefits of being a woman and seeing through her eyes. the enjoyment of being him and her is amazing and it is so fun to open your feminine side. Yes dancing around while fem... fantastic and enjoying the fem side of life.
    Part Time Girl

Hello Jenny and all the girls that have reply'd to this thread. Great question and great answers.
    The first time I got real breast forms was a biggie. "SOO much better than tennis balls or paper towels" They felt very feminine. And I felt awesome.
    The first time I went out. Walking down the street in my pumps. Going clickidy clop on the street was an awesome sound to hear.
    Going to a club and dancing on the dance floor with all my friends to the ABBA song Dancing Queen. Too much fun all of us girls smiling our a$$'S off.
    Even staying at home and getting all dolled up and sitting in front of the computer and jumping on this forum to communicate with other T-girls feels great too.
    How about this one.... Ordering a new dress online. receiving it in the mail. YEAH it's dress up time time.
    It is in us to dress the way that we do. some people are happiest, watching sports, gardening, bowling or going to the movies. "Which I do enjoy" But nothing makes me more happy about myself than playing dress up. It is not for everybody. That is what makes us special. AND FEEL SPECIAL!!!

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads.

Platinum Member

See # Two.

Hi Jenny, It just feels so right,

Its just who I an and its just what I do

See #2 in my signature......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The is a sexual element for me to be sure. Crossdressing though also makes me feel complete. I feel like I am living a lie when in drab. 🌺

Jenny, I feel the tension slip away and I come at life with a relaxed, more peaceful attitude. Last night my wife commented that after a block of Amanda time, the lines and wrinkles seem to go out of my face. Not sure if that's from the CD time or the makeup remover (ha, ha).

Anyway, I think these are great personal side benefits, and I'll take them whenever I can!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    There can certainly be a health benefit to all this sometimes...

My latest go-around has to do with workout / aerobics stuff. I am getting fit, baby!

Even after topping out at the heaviest I had ever been, I still had absolutely no motivation whatsoever to try to lose weight.

Only thing that got me started exercising again was women's work-out clothing. And you know what? I'm seeing positive results!

What will happen once I get to a certain point? Who knows. I may start getting all dolled-up again (dresses, heels, wig, make-up, etc.) -- or not.

Too early to say, but I did catch myself checking out some dresses online last night, ha!

Dressing brings comfort and fulfillment I can not get from anything else.

Hi ladies im new to CD and love always have. And its time to quit hideing. A big part of me want to go in public warwing womens cloths. But im also scared of what others might say or do. Or people from work might see me im ready to come out so bad any tips?

Banned Read only
    Jenny ,
    I feel my total enjoyment now is choosing the outfits putting it all together, getting made up and going out the door as a woman. To jump in my car and drive dressed in broad daylight thirty or so miles to the hotel where I walk from the car park in heels and have the enjoyment of meeting other members of the TG community.

The enjoyment is my CDing has finally come together, it now has some meaning , it feels so natural I'm not nervous. Maybe the benefit is I feel totally stress free and happy, I just can't stop smiling.

for me, my dressing gives me a sense and feeling of fulfillment. I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me. THAT WOMAN IS ME!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    When I dress it is enjoyable but also gives me feeling of inner calmness. My life as a man is nothing to write home about, but dressed I feel and look totally different. I try to look as feminine as I can and love the feel of wearing a bra, tights (pantyhose), a nice dress or skirt-top combo, heels and some jewellery. I spend ages on my make-up, it has to be perfect and once ready, the person in the mirror looking back at me is hopefully, as good looking as can be. With dressing for me its all or nothing, I dont wear anything on non dress days but when I get the chance I go all out for the best experience possible. Am i passable? I really don't know, one day I hope to find out.