Thread: Yoyo Effect

Yoyo Effect

Gurls,

Do you have days when it just would not matter what happened while you were dressed?

I mean sometimes I will go out in my town and not worry if I run into someone I know and other days it's like hide behind the racks at the stores so no one will see me.

I tend to press things pretty hard all the time and honestly have never had a problem but somedays even being out and about at all is a challenge. I don't mean in drag but girlyised (is that a word?).

Went into one of my favorite stores yesterday (Fashion Bug) and could not relax enough to shop. Wasen't a crowd or even people I did not want to see me in the store. I just was not comfortable so left without shopping.

This is one of my favorite shopping spots and they let me use the fitting rooms on a regular basis so I don't understand my own feelings here!

Am I going through something weird or has this happened to any of you also?

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!

I have had the same experience on several occasions. I just walk into a place and don't feel comfortable and decide to leave. Other times I could care less who knows what I am doing or buying or trying on.

Often when I go to a large dept store I will pick out what I want to try on in the womens dept and then carry it up to the mens dept and walk into the dressing room to try it on. I have never been questioned or approached by any store personnel while doing this but if I ever was, I have already prepared my response: "Would you prefer that I try these things on in the ladies dressing room downstairs or did you not want me to spend my money in this store"?

Sometimes I just get an uncomfortable feeling and leave. Such is the life of a transgendered.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

I can relate to this issue VERY WELL. Although my outings while "en femme" have thus far been limited, I have found that it is very easy when I am in the privacy of my own home to feel like I could care less about what people might think about me crossdressing but when I actually go out "en femme" I always start feeling super-conscious about my appearance and start worrying about people recognizing me as a man dressed in womens clothing(although I suppose it's inevitable that at least SOMEBODY is going to "clock" me no matter what). I do occasionally wear womens jeans and colorful womens turtlenecks(nothing TOO flamboyant but definitely more colorful than mens clothing) to work and I always feel extremely self-conscious about THAT clothing even though the one and only comment that I have received so far about it was actually complimentary. I have issues with confidence and self-esteem in general and wish that I could learn how to NOT worry so much about how other people think about me.

Sounds like typical TG confidence crisis to me...nothing abnormal there methinks...I guess we all suffer from that at some time....so I just ensure I enjoy the really confident times.!!!!
    Nikki. x