Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checked into the hotel as Nicole and guess what happened...

Wonderful! Greatest load of 'nothings' I've ever read You go girl!

What is meant by dress appropriately though? Reasonable length dresses or no dresses, just pants? i have been out six times in three years with a seventh planned soon, but wonder. i'm sure I don't pass but no one has said anything, yet...

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

You go girl that's awesome.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Genny B View Post
    What is meant by dress appropriately though? Reasonable length dresses or no dresses, just pants? i have been out six times in three years with a seventh planned soon, but wonder. i'm sure I don't pass but no one has said anything, yet...

Genny B

I do not pass for one single second, but have been out well over a hundred time over the past two years. Not one single negative experience. Appropriately means you don't wear a cocktail dress shopping. Don't wear something a woman your age would not wear. Simply be age appropriate and properly dressed for where you are. I love dresses and am going to an upscale mall tomorrow in one. I'll look like a woman shopping after work: appropriate. Appropriate also means that what you are wearing fits your body type. Looking at your avatar, you need to get out more often, you are a good looking woman.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Great story Nicole, I am planning my first proper outing in the near future, and looking at the replies on this thread it seems your experiences are an inspiration for many others too. I live in a fairly LGBT accepting area so I'm hoping my trip out goes as well as yours (though it may be just for a few hours). As Helen put it so well, 'If Nicole can, I can'!
    Last edited by DIANEF; 08-31-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Great post Nicole. Missions like yours help build visibility and acceptance for all tgirls, and help us all build confidence.

So glad you've gotten over your own fears and had some fun! You should look into a conference so you can experience several days in a row in a friendly environment.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Way to go Nicole. You were cautious, but still took those tentative steps. Well done, glad you enjoyed, and thanks so much for sharing.

Karen

Hi Genny,
    So to the movies I wore a printed blouse with a cami underneath, jeans and sandals. Dressing appropriately for me means to wear clothing that is appropriate for the situation. For example, I wouldn't wear high heels and an evening gown to go to the grocery store or Jeans and a tee shirt to a play.
    Nicole

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Genny,
    So to the movies I wore a printed blouse with a cami underneath, jeans and sandals. Dressing appropriately for me means to wear clothing that is appropriate for the situation. For example, I wouldn't wear high heels and an evening gown to go to the grocery store or Jeans and a tee shirt to a play.
    Nicole

Hi Genny,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by Genny B View Post

Genny B
    Hi Genny,
    Nicole
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    Nicole, what strikes me most about your outing is that just a short while ago you KNEW you could never do this. You were too manly looking, too tall, man hands, beard shadow, voice, blah, blah, blah. All the same, and it turns out irrational, fears that everyone seems to have.

There is a line from Seinfeld that George says to Jerry when Jerry is trying to pass a lie detector test, "It's not a lie if you believe it." OK, that's a little darker version of an analogy but it's clear from the preponderance of the evidence that those that go out, unashamed, have no problems. If the normals see you accept it, it's really hard for them not to as well. Now, that's not to state that they won't laugh later or tell stories to their friends but what might the content be?

The normal who saw you, "This cross dresser came in to the hotel today."
    Their friend, "Oh my god, and what happened?"
    The normal, "Nothing."
    Friend (laying on the sarcasm really, really heavily), "Great story dufus!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    There is a line from Seinfeld that George says to Jerry when Jerry is trying to pass a lie detector test, "It's not a lie if you believe it." "
    Now, That's funny!!!!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Photo of me traveling to hotel

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolesmyth View Post
    I did it! Don't get me wrong in the past I have gone out, but it has always been ducking and dodging as I rushed through a store or got gas hoping no one would notice this "dude in a dress". However, this time I went for it. A road trip as Nicole! Hotel, movie, drive thru, and stores all as Nicole!Granted there were several times that I sat in the car a little longer than normal and waited for the coast to clear. However, the end result was that I did it. The confidence was key and a what the heck attitude.
    I had a four hour drive as Nicole stopping at Chik Fil A where the young lady took my order as she stood next to the drive up menu and then the two young men at the window carried on as if it was business as usual. Then is was on to the hotel to check in under my boy name even though I was dressed as Nicole. There were two older men in the parking lot of the hotel I checked into in East Texas (bible belt ultra conservative part of Texas) and I waited in the car as they finally went into the hotel. A few minutes later I checked my lipstick in the mirror and went for it. I think my hands were noticeably trembling as I told the hotel clerk my name and handed her my license and credit card. Then you know what happened? Nothing! The lady went on business as usual and was very friendly. She even but me on the first floor by the side exit so I could come and go as I pleased. That night I went to a movie (yes it was a small theater in a small town). I waited for this big country boy to buy his ticket and then I went for it. Then you know what happened? Nothing! Then it was back to the hotel. The next morning I headed back home but had to go through the drive thru at Starbucks, the dollar store for a car charger (which they didn't have), so on to Walgreens to get it. You know what happened at these places? Nothing! It was business as usual. Ok so here is the deal. I am 5'11 and 195 with a 5 o'clock shadow that starts as soon as I am done shaving(twice). I don't pass! But dressing appropriately and going about my business with confidence(seen on the outside even though I am nervous on the inside) is the key. I owe that to Jenniferathome. She gave me the boost of confidence to go for it. Plus I am truly grateful for Allie45 who has my back should things go sideways and I know I can call her day or night to help in any situation. So for you ladies wanting to go out amongst the general population go for it! Just dress appropriately, go with confidence and be safe. If I can do it you can too!
    Nicole
    Here is a photo of me driving
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Silver Member
    A quote i read recently:

Don't worry about what people think of how you look. They're too worried about how they look to notice you.