Thread: Welcome to the zoo!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member

Welcome to the zoo!

There have been some new members recently, as well as more established members, that have me thinking "huh? What's that about".

So what I think that I am observing is a crossection of crossdressing. (TG umbrella really, but I live for alliteration). Because we come from different backgrounds and subcultures, our vocabulary, attitude, expectations and even mores are widely varied.

So then I've recently read about the Ballroom culture. Had no idea, and I am still not all that familiar. But it seems to be closer in line with Rupauls Drag Race and Transcendent. And talk about attitude!

I've heard or read about some other terms from a different, typically younger Anime oriented crowd, like "trap" (which I find offensive), or the recently debated "sissy".

While the more pervasive demographic here seems to match my own culture, (middle age white, married with children, long in the closet) there are definitely more curious species. It's good to keep that in mind, and understand the shift in perspective.

I don't know if anyone has really mapped out this spectrum of cultures, but I think it would be an interesting topic. Much like a zoological study. But then again, I'm an intellectual dork!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-31-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: this has been removed on another member's post, so no