Thread: Well im three patches in...and outed at work!

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar

Well im three patches in...and outed at work!

I'm three patches in so far, and so far, a few emotional/ irrational/ moody moments have cropped up. Nothing major though, but hey, its only three patches right?! I can report that my nipples are now far more sensitive than they have ever been before. But as far as anything noticeable, nothing to report really.

I CAN report that I was put in a position where I was forcibly outed at work. My Lieutenant was telling me and everyone in th room about the glowing report he gave my new Lieutenant who starts with us soon. My Sergeant at the time decided that was the moment to throw out there she had discovered I was a cross-dresser. Damn is she late to the party huh? Well, she has also recently told my best friend who knows Im trans that I was a perfect choice for the Special Victims Investigator for my "obvious feminine qualities."

In order to be able to articulate my complaint properly, and utilize the benefit of being a protected class, I had to come out to my current Lieutenant, who is gay, and fully comprehended what I was enduring having been forcibly outed at our last department. Statements were written, Human Resources was notified, they initiated an investigation. The stupid sergeant then decided to double down on stupid, and once she was notified by an administrator she is friends with, decided she needed to take what she felt were subtle cheap shots at me. When the administrator was briefed, he wasn't told I was trans. He was going only on the basis that I was a crossdresser, but according to Safe Space, that still falls on the spectrum, and her behaviours were obviously violations against my privacy on that basis alone.

Needles to say, more statements were written. She is now fired, the loose lipped administrator is on very thinning ice. HR is wanting me to help write the policy and procedures for employees who come out in the work place, and policy which will better protect employees in such incidents. They also hope I will be a mentor to other employees who come out, and take a leadership role in forming an affinity group. So it has been an interesting three weeks.

Ever & Always,
    Cadence Elizabeth
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Hi Cadence,

Wow, two totally different emotions in this post.

Response to paragraph 1.
    Congratulations, remember it's taken years to get your body to the point where you applied the first patch, it's gonna take awhile to change... but it will

Response to paragraph 2-4.
    Sorry to hear about your experience here, problem is it happens this way far to often. This just is more proof of the amount of work our situation causes us every day.

Cheers
    Peta
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I'm sorry to hear that you were outed the way you were.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Well, being outed has actually been a blessing in disguise. I managed to leap a series of hurdles, I have a larger support network, Officers whom I never would have guessed rallied around me, and I came to the attention of HR in a memorable way which has paved the way for me to possibly help other transgender folk in their transitions. The attention HR has paid me has also paved the way for me to have other opportunities within the University. Because my school doesn't stand alone, it is a university within the state University system. So what we do successfully, others will also follow and do. I was afraid of being a pathfinder as the first out transgender officer in the state; well, looks like I somehow doubled down on that. Wish me luck ladies!

Ever & Always,
    Cadence Elizabeth
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Go get 'em Girl!!!!!
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

Gold Member
    Cadence Elizabeth;
    You are a very lucky person; You are a trail blazer for the cause.
    I could only wish the best for you, Hope you succeed in showing
    society that being a Trans-Gender or just a simple Cross Dresser
    is not a crime, or a disease. We are people and can and want to be
    a productive individuals in society.
    Wishing you the best.
    Rader

You are out at work ! Enjoy !

All the best to you!! I know how difficult this is!! It gives you immense power to step towards a life that is authentic and feels authentic!
    I am real