Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it about the look, or the feel?

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    100% the feelz for me. Even when I sometimes shave down completely it's for the feels of various fabrics against skin.

I think it's because at every mental level I understand it would take a construction team, three architects, and the ghost of Coco Chanel to even begin to make me passable. I actually avoid mirrors when cross dressed.

Definitely the look for me. There's just so many options for girl's clothing and I love the way it looks. Overall, I feel more comfortable in men's clothing, but there's no denying that when it comes to women's clothing, coming up with different outfits and styles is much more fun.

Both the look and the feel. When I first started to dress as a child it was the sensation of feeling the soft clothing that was so exciting. I also loved the look of the material, the satin sheen and the pretty colors. As my cross dressing matured, how I looked became more and more important. A few nights ago I was dressed and I could feel the sensation of my slip against my nylon stockings but as I looked in the mirror and completed my makeup I was completely involved in how I looked and getting it right. I think the "LOOK" involves both how we present as cross dressers but also the look of the fabrics and the clothing we wear. I always love the look of the drape of a pretty skirt or dress and how it moves as you walk.

I love the feel of the smoother, lighter weight of women's clothes , and the options of colors and designs of all that's available to wear be it underwear or outerwear .
    Feel so restricted and confined in drab clothes

I like the feel of a short tight dress on me it makes me feel so sexy

For me they both go hand in hand. There was a time when it was strictly the feel of the clothing. Now I love the look and love the feeling I get from the look.

For me the feel is the reason and and the look is how to make it make sense, sort of, in the outside world, and assuming I get an approving smile, I'm very happy with that. If the look communicates something off, then we get trouble- if the look makes sense, people basically accept it. People understand that women's clothes are either comfy or uncomfortable, and in my case I'm going with comfy and nice looking- others have to stretch a bit, but -as the clerk in the shop fitting room said to her associate questioning my presence- 'Why not?'
    We are all beautiful...!

Not made any comments for ages but this thread has to have my two pence worth. For me it's mainly the feel over the look. Everything I own is either silk, satin or taffeta; I must have a strong fetish revolving around these fabrics. I have a fair sized collection of skirts, blouses, dresses, aprons and headscarves all with the silky feel in common. Whenever I am dressed I will usually add things like aprons, tunics and headscarves worn in a variety of ways but the over-riding thing for me is that all my things are really feminine and silky. Sorry to drone and bore you all but this is why I crossdress. Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

I totally agree with it being all about the feel, at least in this later stage of my life. I've been CDing since my early teens. In my younger years when I had a nice slender figure, I could easily pass as looking feminine and 'the look' was important to me back then, but the passing years have ruined my figure to the point that I now avoid mirrors. Silks, satins and laces still feel so natural on my skin though. I still get that feminine feeling when I'm wearing my bras, panties, nylons slips and heels..... I don't bother going any further than that as there is no longer anything about me that looks feminine. I may look like a dumpy ole broad, but without my intimates, I'd just be a grumpy ole man.

I can't pass on a great day. But for me The look is a big part of the feel At least on the body.
    Angie

Look or Feel?

YES!

For me it is both ... the feel and look.
    I feel sexy and girl when I shaved and apply moisturizer. But I also like the feel of night dress or pantyhose.

For me its both. First come that look of wearing something nice and cute and the feeling of wearing it. Female clothing is "more fun" than male's stuff. Its been long time since i wear pantyhose and knee-lenght skirt for first time but daaaamn that new unknown feel that comes out of it, totaly unforgetable
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    It started off as just the feel for me, but then as I got older, I started to wonder if i could actually pull of the look. I'm by no means passable, but its fun to challenge myself and see just how close I can get.

Banned Read only
    You sure look passable to me. I couldn't tell that there is a guy in the photo. Same with me when I am dressed up. No way to tell I'm a guy!

For me when I was a young teen, I had a female cousin who knew about me and would help me dress. She had amazing makeup skills and I could easily pass.

I would stand in front of the mirror and drool over the way I looked. The look coupled with the feel of all the nylons and slips we wore in the late 60's early 70's put me in hormone overload.

Unfortunately, time has taken it's toll and I haven't been able to pass since those early years, but I still love the feels of a slip sliding over my pantyhosed butt or the tug of my panty girdle garters pulling on my stockings as I walk.

For me it's the feeling I get from the look.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I definitely love the feel of the clothes and it makes me feel so feminine. I always try to look nice and wear bra and panties almost everyday under a pair of jeans and nice top.

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    Thank you so much!

I would say a little of both, but at the same time... I don't go out of my way to look absolutely perfect. Only makeup I really put on is lipstick, but I do make sure I'm clean shaven before I dress up. Of course, the outfits I wear... I put alot on to get that look I want and just being able to stand infront of my full length mirror and seeing myself all dressed up makes me feel good about it. Can't get enough posing and twirling around infront of the mirror!

For me, it is both. I love the feel of my clothes and bras and panties and corsets and panty hose or stockings. The smell and taste of my lipstick and lip gloss. The smell of a good perfume. The feeling of my breast forms. The sound of my heels as I walk. The color of my nails that I picked out for that day. The feeling of the makeup on my face and even the extra eye lashes that I have to put on because mine are so fine.
    To me, cross dressing is something that I can't just do half hardheartedly. When I get dressed up, I have to dress up to the hilt. To me, it is the look and the feeling of everything.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews