Thread: Jeckyll and Hyde

Jeckyll and Hyde

See a LOT of chix here posting all kinds of stuff these days,, About Gender Dysphoria and a number of other things in general. What to do and how to do it, And me I am NO EXPERT by any means of the word at all,, But I can tell you all I know and what may happen to a Person that is about my age when they start the Meds.

Don't expect alot quick, Just settle down and enjoy the quite time in your head first off. And expect nothing at first and just be happy for what you get right away. Next you can plan to fail or fail to plan or whatever you choose but nothing will go as you think it will, It never does, You can not ever see into the future nor can you know what someone else is thinking, So just go on with your life and try and be as positive as you can.

What no one ever tells you anywhere is all of us here are born Male and grow up male and are raised male to think male and act male and as for the older ones of us we never really knew what the Hell was wrong with us and there for just accepted that we were Crazy or Gay or weird or what ever else you could think. We are Male,, In every way except that one little bitty spot in out brains that tells the rest of your self who or what you are and it is the size of a pencil eraser. But the rest of our Body, Hormones, And self are male in every way except that.

If not for that one little bitty thing we would be Great,, But were not and this whole deal is basicly new to most of the world and we are just the Pioneer's of this new order of things that will become the norm in years to come long after we are dead and gone Believe that !! But thanks to the Internet us older chix now no why we are Broken,,lol,,,

But for now there is no set secrete way to deal with it, No set of rules to follow,, Even the Therapist can't get it correct 100% of the time so we do the best we can until we get somewhere comfortable enough to sustain ourselves and get on with our own lives .

The dyphoria will come and go from time to time,, And we have to deal with it off and on,, I have been medicated for 18 months and still it comes and goes, When my wife jokes about something towards (her) aka Dr Jeckll,, I just laugh and say leave her Alone she sleeping,, And Mr Hyde is here right now,, And he is not always a very nice person but with the meds I can now control his ass,, Because it is Funny but true as Hell we are 2 people . I know I am truely 2 people inside of one body and that is how I deal with all of this and she knows it (WIFE) ,,,lol,,,

Because true be told when SHE is sleeping aka Dr Jeckll,, I like it and leave her be,, Because if we were really Lucky there would be a way they could go into your head and change that one little bitty thing and we could have everything solved really quickly and get back to living and not have to change EVERYTHING just to get some relief !!! So all of you new chix don't expect these folk to have all the answer there just here to give there support and let you know your not Alone in the world and tell you little tid bits of how they get by,, No one could EVER TELL IT ALL !!! Not a person on the planet has that good of memory nor could recall all the crap we did and been through,,lol,,,

Just learn like me how to control Mr Hyde,, And be thankful when He comes back and gives you a Break from the rest,,lol,,, He's not so bad,, So pick what you want from this forum and plow your own garden out of it and just be Happy these folks were Cool enough to manage a place like this for us to come and learn and grow and talk to one another,, They didn't have too,,,!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Sometimes I need to read this to remind me
    Thank you Gina

You got that right Sister! I'm just shy of the three year mark on hrt. Had the name changed, living full time.

But I had to take this past weekend and straighten out my head. The previous week was a terror. Rather, I was a terror. I was angry about everything. I was totally out of control, lost my temper with everyone and everything. Things are not going as planned for me. I should have had all surgeries by now. But it just isn't working out as "planned". I really had to just sit and think and get contol of my life.

Notperfect, but I'm at least maintaining.
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I absolutely LOVE this post! THANK YOU Stacy!

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy! What an interesting post. You have described the little game going on in my head so well. Lucky enough for me, Dr. Heidi has fairly good control over her Hyde. I've been on the little blue wonders (no, not THOSE blue pills!) for about 18 months myself. They have given me the ability to keep me happy and present male to folks in my wife's world. Talk about split personality. I know it's a slack line walk for this 60 year old, but it is still working. Thanks, IMO, to the drugs being my balance pole. I use a slack line, not a tight rope, for this metaphor because I have a plan set should she leave my side somehow. A slack line is usually just off the ground; fall off and just land on your feet most of the time. She leaves me or dies, Mr. Hyde is gone, hello world, I'm Heidi!
    Until that happens, I'll stay up with the struggles of others like me that are trying to fight themselves and keep it together!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Well said, what a beautiful post, being in my 60's completely get your point of view. Not on meds though, still don't have the answers, and finally found a therapist knowledgeable in tg issues. Unfortunately 1 1/2 hours away, one way and it is time consuming and an expensive trip, but due to summer employment had to take a couple of months off, but am going to have to return, at least twice monthly. It certainly helps to read a post like this. Thanks Patty B.