Thread: Wachayalllthink?

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar

Wachayalllthink?

My SO always calls me Caitlyn, just because I wear chapstick.Now my question is this,is there something feminine from wearing chapstick? gg's weigh in .

Men don't usually seem to care much about taking care of their skin, including mucous membranes. In fact, it seems they prefer to be considered 'rough' and 'hard' rather than soft and smooth. Some people think those are atributes that differentiate masculine and feminine.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 09-13-2016 at 05:54 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the OP or the post right before your post. Stop doing this!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You SO has a problem with you using chap stick?
    I guess a guy using hand lotion would mean he was gay with that reasoning.
    If your SO thinks that comment is funny its not. JMO.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-13-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Reality Check
    It's not funny and it's insulting. I use chapstick, especially when I spend a lot of time outdoors. Many men use it. If you were using lipstick, it would be a different story.

Does your wife know about your crossdressing? If she called you that when you were dressed, it would be a far different story although personally, I would prefer a different name than that.

I'm not a gg so take this for what it's worth. I know several guys that use Chapstick on a regular basis. Some work outdoors year round, some ski, (water and snow) some just do it as part of their normal grooming.

Is it possible your wife is just teasing you in a playful way? Does she know you cd and the Caitlyn remark a reminder that she disapproves?? Is your SO possibly homophobic??

No doubt her comment would be laughed at by the vast majority of Chapstick users.

Karen

Maybe it's how you put it on. Do you grab it with your fist and smear it on, or apply it like a woman does lipstick?

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Men don't usually seem to care much about taking care of their skin, including mucous membranes. In fact, it seems they prefer to be considered 'rough' and 'hard' rather than soft and smooth. Some people think those are atributes that differentiate masculine and feminine.
    Several months ago I went in to Ulta looking for help trying to pick out a foundation to cover up some hyper pigmentation I have. I was still very new to applying makeup so didn't really know what I was doing even though I had tried a couple of times by then. Anyway, I explained to the sales lady that my wife suggested I try using makeup to cover the hyper pigmentation (which is true) and that I thought I'd give it a try. I added that I had no clue what I was looking for and honestly felt a little self conscious about wearing makeup. Her reply: "hey there is nothing wrong with using products that take care of your skin. Everyone has skin... women AND men." Class act that SA was.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Nope. Chapstick is for everyone. Sounds like she's possibly got some issues.
    Last edited by Julogden; 09-13-2016 at 10:50 AM.
    My name is Carol.

Silver Member
    I think we need more info to understand the meaning of her comment. If she knows you dress she is likely just busting chops.If she thinks just wearing lipstick means you will transition I think she needs some educating. There was a huge fire last winter and there was a request for donations of Chapstick for the macho firefighters stuck out in the cold. My guess is some of them may be crossdressers too, but there surely were some who are not, that didn't enjoy having extremely chapped lips.
    Chapstick is a gender neutral product as I see it. Now putting it on with a compact mirror and only on you bottom lip and then rubbing them together may be what caught her eye (If you do it that way of course).

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I use a chapstick regularly, and moisturiser every day. My SO has never thought I do it for any other reason except caring for my skin (I think...............!)

I hate dry skin and chapped lips so I use lip balm (mostly in winter) and moisturizing lotion on my hands all year long. Nobody has ever said anything. If they did I would let them know how to get started fixing their dry, nasty cracked skin.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Ladies thanks for the input,one yes I think she is homophobic but I'm not gay.Two she does not know about me dressing she has no idea and yes she needs some educating because I dress for me and not to pick up men,I'm not gay.Another thing that bothers me if wear lotion on my hands I'm Caitlyn, if I cook a nice dinner for her yes I could cook,I learned from my mom and also in the restaurant industry she calls me Caitlyn.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I hate dry skin cracked lips especially in the winter.When I put chapstick I do it normal so I think I mean less then a second to put on and I'm on my way.

I work outside and use it every day to keep the sun off my lips,my favorite is ULTRA-RICH HYDRATION by BListex,it's tube is the same as lip stick,and you apply it in the same manner.
    Some times i even add a little touch of color to it ,if i feel naughty,!

Maybe instead you can be Suzy Chapstick

Watch the second half
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm a GG. I come from a place where the winters are cold and a lot of people ski. A lot of people wear Chapstick on and off the slopes, whether they are male or female. I cannot imagine calling a guy who protects his lips from the elements, "Caytlin"?

I'm wondering if your wife knows about the crossdressing (or suspects) and if she is resentful that you do this.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0918 View Post
    Ladies thanks for the input,one yes I think she is homophobic but I'm not gay.Two she does not know about me dressing she has no idea and yes she needs some educating because I dress for me and not to pick up men,I'm not gay.Another thing that bothers me if wear lotion on my hands I'm Caitlyn, if I cook a nice dinner for her yes I could cook,I learned from my mom and also in the restaurant industry she calls me Caitlyn.
    I don't know your situation but if I was faced with that and wanted to test the tolerance waters, I'd tell her half jokingly "Please stop calling me Caitlyn, I've always thought of myself as more of a Jennifer" and see where that takes the situation. She might laugh it off and call you Jennifer, or cause her to think and inquire further, it might provoke the Caitlyn calling with more emphasis or nothing at all.... It might just open the door for discussion while leaving you an opportunity to feign joking if it goes badly.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've been using Chapstick for the last few days. I always "smack" my lips when I use it. My supporting SO has never said a word about it to me.

The funny thing about Chapstick is I never seem to have any on me when I need it and always buy more. I think I have a couple dozen hardly used tubes at home.

Has anyone ever completely used up a tube of Chapstick???
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

During the winter months my lips get super dry so yes I do use chapstick quite a bit. Ironically,my lips get really red when they get dry during the winter and I've had women tell me that it looks like I got lipstick on lol

It sounds like to me that your SO either knows or suspects that you are a crossdresser!! Since she calls you Caitlyn so much!! You might want to jokingly call her out on this!! Slowly and carefully!! I agree with Reine!! Best wishes with the situation!! Hugs Lana Mae

I've used Chapstick for years. I hate dry cracked lips. I get bummed when I forget to take one with me. I'll try and remember to grab it with a full fist from now on.

Has anyone ever completely used up a tube of Chapstick???
    When it gets down to where it won't push up anymore, I take a small paring knife and dig out what remains and push it down into a new one. Waste not, want not.