Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Started Work! (I got a job)

Good for you.

And you get to steal all the good stuff before the trannies get to it!

Who Knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Good for you.

And you get to steal all the good stuff before the trannies get to it!

Ha ha! It's funny - all the years I used to go shopping for Monica in drab, wondering what the shop assistants thought of me - now I see it from their point of view. I worked again this morning (to be elaborated on at a later stage, after dinner at least) and there was a very suspicious gentleman checking out the skirt rack! Of course I left him to it but he didn't buy anything. Cancer research now has at least one VERY CD/TS friendly shop!

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar
    Hi Monica,

I wanted to be the first to ask how it had all gone on your first day, but I wasn't able to get onto the computer all weekend !!!

And now there's nothing left to say except that I admire your bravery, resolve, dedication, good looks, confidence, dress sense, and just wish I had just a sprinkling of what you've obviously been dipped in.

RESPECT !!!
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

Congrats!!!!

Awesome , I'm happy for you 2 , Im still looking havent had any job
    offers yet myself, put in a good word for me , I'll fill out an app.
    Best wishes, best of luck to you all that .......your girl Sierra
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Any new updates? Do they know??

Wonderful

I admire your courage to go out and actually get a job. If I ever need an attorney maybe I'll give you a call.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    As I am unemployed at theis time. I'd be happy with a job.... period!

Monica, you have discovered and absolutely brilliant way to explore your true self and halp others by doing it. I applaud your creative solution in getting yourself out into the world.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

A Little Update....

Good evening girls!

Firstly, an apology! I mean't to put up an update last week but the day job is starting to pick up and time has just zoomed by.

Last week was day two for me at the shop. Roll neck top, denim skirt, criss cross tights and black boots. I was expecting something similar to the previous week, sorting and pricing the donations and keeping the shop floor tidy etc. When I arrived Emma, the manager, virtually dragged me to the till and started showing me how to do sales! I think she really likes me and she obviously trusts me too (I shouldn't be on the till for three months apparently), which is very flattering. Within ten minutes I was serving customers - I was SOOOOOOOOOO nervous! No hiding out the back, skulking in the corner when the teenage girls come in! I tell you, there's nothing like working in a shop to progress yourself! Absolutely no problems at all. No looks, comments etc. Then Emma asks if I mind her going and meeting her son for lunch. Fine I said, and had charge of the shop for an hour, alone! And the more I relaxed and enjoyed my task, the better it was. A fab day and I did over £500 in sales! A brilliant day!!

Today was day four (I went in for a couple of hours on Thursday to cover while Emma went to a meeting) and another great day. It was quite quiet today, only did £150 sales Dressed up a bit today, knee length black skirt, purple roll neck top, black tights and heels. One little girl was taking quite a bit of interest in me today and I started to fret a little. How do I deal with this? I cannot just walk away and ignore her, I'm serving her mum! Her litle brother was there as well. So I gave her a big smile and just started talking to her, asking her name, was that her brother etc. She was really sweet and just opened up to me. Then she asked my name. Then her brother wanted to show me his new watch - I asked him the time and he couldn't read it! So I showed him how to and told his sister to teach him and come back and show me next week. Then their mum wanted to see something in the jewellry cabinet and started addressing me as Monica. They we so nice. Three new friends! It's amazing how positive, warm behaviour can affect people who otherwise may view you with suspision. Wow! Next week I am working in the big TK Max store in Ealing, handing out Cancer Research info and bags as part of a promotion. I have to talk to their customers, to raise awarness of Cancer Research etc. I suddenly feel very nervous again.......:shocked: :shocked:

The realist in me says the girls in the shop must know - I'm simply not that passable! I pass with the customers 90% of the time, but surely not with Emma and the other girls. But no one has said anything, I'm treated completely normally. Emma talks to me about womens issues, has asked me if I want children, if I want to marry! They really have accepted me for who I am and that's all I could ever ask of anyone.

Thanks to all of you for your messages of support - I'll continue to update this thread as long as any of you want to read it! And I will try and post a pic or two soon. I just haven't found a suitable opportunity to take any at work yet, but I will soon.

Lots of love,

Monica xx

Yeah that's all very well. But did you get any good stuff?

Monica -- I'm so happy for you. I know I wouldn't be able to do what you are doing. We all wish you the best in everything you are undertaking. Take care.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

If only!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Yeah that's all very well. But did you get any good stuff?

Not yet! Gorgeous Karen Millen dress but too small! M x

What a great idea for entering the community at large! I had never thought of volunteering somewhere. It must be great for your confidence to see the same people over and over again and have them accept you. I have never talked to someone more than once that wasn't from "our community" or at least knew who I was. Good luck with your adventure!

Like all the other respondents, I am intrigued by your idea and thrilled with the way things are going for you. It is such fun following along!

At first, I was bemused, perhaps even a teeny bit disappointed that your gender thing wasn't addressed. I mean, like you said, surely they must know and it would be cool to have acknowledgement and acceptance. Then I got to thinking, what if they're so cool that in their minds it doesn't even need to be discussed, the acceptance is a given? To me, that speaks volumes about you and your coworkers. I am truly inspired - and I'm scheming how I might duplicate your brilliant experience!

Edit: I just reread my post and it dawned on me - don't take my "surely they must know" the wrong way. You look marvelous, genuinely feminine.
    Last edited by sherri; 03-26-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Kudos (Do they have them in Briten?)

Like I have been saying if you conduct yourself as a lady and with grace you advance our cause tremendously, Thank you Monaca

I pinned it to my cardigan, just above my left breast. Now I really feel like an employee!

Remember Sis, looking down at your breasts, you always pin items on the right, men pin items on the left. I am so, so happy for you and the new job I have not read all the sisters notes, good luck Sis.

Sister 7

Well done, let us know how you got on at TK Max.....

Ruth

Gawd!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    I pinned it to my cardigan, just above my left breast. Now I really feel like an employee!

Remember Sis, looking down at your breasts, you always pin items on the right, men pin items on the left. I am so, so happy for you and the new job I have not read all the sisters notes, good luck Sis.

Sister 7
    I never knew that! Damn Damn Damn! Will make ammends next week. Now, as for the TK Max thing, I'm so sorry, I let you all down. Yes..... I chickened out. As the week leading up to it went on, I just got more and more nervous and eventually crumbled. I called Emma and told her I had to work (day job) that I could come to the shop in the morning for a couple of hours but would have to miss out on TK Max. She was fine and understood, so I just worked in the shop till midday. I guess I just wasn't quite ready for the much bigger and busier shop. Maybe next time. Don't run before you can walk, my mum always told me

This week was good, feeling more and more relaxed, less self conscious. Starting to get to know some of the regular customers as well now, who stop and say hi when they come in. I managed to take a sneaky photo in the changing rooms before I left on Saturday - hope you like it!

M xx

http://crossdressers.com/forums/images/attach/gif.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

That was a great story!!!

Hi, read all your story and it was a great inspiration for me. You keep it up and you are beautiful hon...!!!
    [SIZE=2]SUZI[/SIZE]

Monica
    Hove thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experiences - i think you are so courageous - My concern would be my voice most of all- How do you manage that?

WOW! Good for you Monica, you are just so cool, I'm envious of your ability to carry it all off with such aplomb; well done girl.

You must be more passable than you think... Surely she would not ask you "women questions" otherwise. Congratulations on your passing! It is every CD's dream to dress without consequence!

what you are doing is so cool. brilliant in fact. I think a lot of girls are looking at doing the same thing. I'd love to I know that but I'm in the closet and probley always will be.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

good for you i have a couple of friends that work for scope in sutton in ashfiels and they love to go out to work they say they have great fun and no one is bothered how they dress also they get to go through all the new stuf first.

good luck with your job in the future

Monica-the pic you took in the rear of the shop -you look sooo passable and if the women are asking you fem questions. What a dream fulfilled. Hope that you go the next step soon and let us gurls know.