Thread: Do u get satisfaction and validation from strangers complimenting your looks?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Do u get satisfaction and validation from strangers complimenting your looks?

U could, u know? Every dresser desires validation.

Of course u get that here. That's the foundation of this site. Along with support.

Many of u don't go out dressed often or at all. Or, maybe you're like me? When I go out I either scare or humor the folks that see me.
    Don't u wonder what regular folks would think of your looks?

Sherry gets plenty of attention from strangers online. Mostly from men. In fact I've got a guy flirting with me as I write this!

If u would like to see how your female persona appears to strangers, all u have to do is post pics of her online.

Sherry's FB Page has over 1000 Friends and I get about 2 new requests a day. Most of which I reject because of FB issues.

If u don't post pics of your female alter ego online, why don't u? I know there r many here afraid of being made. But, how many of your friends and family check out trans sites? How about opening a separate FB page as some do?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-16-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Guilty as charged! Love getting compliments on my pictures. Of course its a lot easier with pictures as you can choose the best angle, lighting etc. Besides the risk of exposure I'm sure there are a lot of girls here though that are too self conscious because they feel they aren't as pretty a girl as they'd like to be. I know I was sweating bullets the first time I ever posted a pic all done up, figuring I'd get a lot of negative feedback. To my utter shock I haven't gotten any yet!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've gotten several compliments out in a store en femme, one was my overall look in an LBD and another was my blue dress.
    I have a specific YouTube account as Alice with my picture for the avatar icon thing.
    I want to make videos as a known crossdresser for support and advice.
    Other than that, I never really thought about any other social media site to open one as Alice and trying to pass as a woman.

But you are correct, post pics of your fem-self online outside a CD/TG site to see what others really think.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Sherry, I don't think pictures can tell the whole story. Face to face interaction/review is ideal, but even then, you have to take any compliment with a grain of salt.

Just last night, I was out and a woman in the wine bar I was at sat next to me and said, "You are just lovely." Now, while it's nice to get a compliment, I think the unsaid part of that statement was, "... for a dude." Now, I AM a dude, so what can I really expect? I think she was being genuinely kind but she would not say that to a woman in the bar.

The kindest and best compliment, I think, is more along the lines of, "I love that dress, where'd you get it?"

I totally get satisfaction and validation while at the same time I don't believe a word of it. Just part of being me, I guess.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Doc, So far not one person has said they like my look, or dislike it, when i was out. The second time i was ever out, some guys yelled at me something from a truck. One guy told his kids not to look, while i gave his car battery a jump start. A teenage girl shouted OMG. Two guys i met at different times liked my look, and dresses. But, that was years ago. When i go out, it is to a park to walk, sit, or occasionally into a store, or an outdoor concert in the park. No one has said anything, but i did get several looks. So, i really do not know if muggles like or dislike my presentation. I do have hundreds of my pics on Flicker, and now and then, someone compliments and wants to join my Flicker site. I have a FB Alice Torn account, but only one friend, an Argentine little woman. No one else.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 09-16-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Yes, I like compliments on how I look and about me as a person. I also understand where they come from, and many if not most come from the heart, especially when a stranger just says, "You are so beautiful". I take that to mean both my looks and personality. As for Facebook, I am not on that because I never wanted to out myself to family or friends by accidently getting connected to someone who through their list friends and strangers eventually got back to mine. I also spend way too much time here, so another social site is not for me, though most of my friends are on one or more. I do occasionally post pictures here to add to an ongoing thread and to get some validation from members here. I don't do that very often, because I really do not need that online validation. I prefer the real life, face to face ones much better.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I've been hit on by men multiple times -- in fairly-lit hetero clubs, at that.

It was pretty surprising & awesome, yet scary as all heck.

Yes, it wasn't outdoors at high-noon. But it wasn't exactly pitch-black, either.

Beer-googles may or may not have been a factor.

Simply "admirers"? Or did they honestly not know?

In my defense, I will say that one of those same nights, I was genuinely mistaken for a GG in the men's room (and I didn't make that mistake again!).

Honestly, those are some of the best compliments I've ever gotten -- at least in terms of passability, anyway.

I love getting compliments on my pics, as a guy you rarely get compliments on your looks so I take whatever I can get!

No wig, no makeup, but in 7 days!!! Then photos will come!! Compliments or complaints whatever!! I will just be glad I can dress fully and take photos!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Sherry, I don't think pictures can tell the whole story. Face to face interaction/review is ideal, but even then, you have to take any compliment with a grain of salt.

Just last night, I was out and a woman in the wine bar I was at sat next to me and said, "You are just lovely." Now, while it's nice to get a compliment, I think the unsaid part of that statement was, "... for a dude." Now, I AM a dude, so what can I really expect? I think she was being genuinely kind but she would not say that to a woman in the bar.

The kindest and best compliment, I think, is more along the lines of, "I love that dress, where'd you get it?"
    I agree with this. If the compliment is valid, that's fine, but I don't want sympathy or pity compliments.

I.E. someone clocks me as a CD and gives me a compliment to make me feel good about myself or boost my self esteem.

I just want to blend in and be treated like any other woman. If you wouldn't give the same compliment to me if I was a GG, don't give it to me.

Same goes with attention. Even if the attention is positive, I am not interested in it. I don't want to be a spectacle. I want to blend in. Of course positive attention is better than negative, but my point is that give me the same amount of attention you would any random GG who you come across. Ideally, that would be none, unless you truly have a positive reaction to me that you would give to me even if I was a GG.

Wow Sherry, you have been quite introspective lately...keep it up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post

Jennifer, you should know better. The lovely comment knows no gender. You are lovely as a chica or a dude or however you intend to be perceived. It's all good, ya know!

Even though life is easier knowing that the Muggles see us for who/what we are, it doesn't necessarily mean they actually see us that way.

Or am I just being delusional???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sara, I do not think that you are being delusional. Sometimes, those complete strangers really do have no idea. I spent 20 minutes with a clothing seller in her booth at a vintage clothing fair. We talked a lot, I tried on different items of her clothing stock and then negotiated a great price on a modern style real fur jacket. Only when I gave her my credit card did she ask me if that was my husband's card. She actually asked me several times, until I finally convinced her that was me with the big "M" on it. This lady was no fool and deals with all kinds of people at every fair. She had ample time to read me, but didn't. It has happened a few other rare occasions. Now, that does not happen all the time, though I wish that it did!

I gotta say, believing in myself that I look pretty or have dressed well is all well and good.
    But it can't compare to someone else affirming it.
    I find it sad that I seek validation through online video chat sites, but when strangers message me out of the blue with compliments,
    I feel like the battle with my maleness paid off. Not because someone is attracted to me, but because someone sees me as a
    woman/female.
    But then there are days where I wont shave or do my face and I will dress from the neck down with my wig on (about as slummy as I can get as a female)
    and I feel good then too. But it's not on the same level as a validating compliment
    Samantha -x-

If someone wants to "validate" me that's fine RS but I don't need "validation" from anyone. I go out there because I choose to and want to.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love positive feedback. Everyone does.

SA's are super affirming. I love it. (but that's their job)
    Strangers comment "Pretty dress, you look so nice". I love it. (For a man in a dress)
    Positive comments on this site. I love it. (I chose 1 pic out of a thousand)

I take It all with a grain of salt. But I love it and feel encouraged to continue developing my female persona.
    Live and let dress.

Short answer...yes, very much so!

Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

ahhh yeah, I love it
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I dress to please myself, but when I look good and I know it, a sincere compliment from a stranger (or even an acquaintance or SA) can put me over the moon and lift my mood for the whole rest of the day. Two weeks ago at the nail salon, one of the other customers waiting there couldn't stop gushing about the top and shoes I was wearing. The attention kept me going for the rest of the weekend. These things don't happen every time I go out by any means, but they're very welcome when they do come, and are one of the motivations for keeping me trying to do better each time.

- Diane

I just got back from volunteering at the Funky Town 5K/20K in Fort Worth, TX. I received several compliments on my legs, hair and makeup and even made a new Facebook friend. During most of the races I hung out with two older men and we chatted as if we were just a couple of guys. Of course I posed with several people for pics.

Earlier today I went to the BAM Fest in Burleson and made was complimented on my makeup and uniform. Again, there was a guy and a gal who just seemed to gravitate toward me like they probably would not have done if I were there in male mode. I think the gal is going to join our costume club and do events with us.

I'm beginning to believe people are liking me as Marcy the cheerleader way too much. Seems like I'm becoming really popular.

So yes, I think I do. And when people compliment me I jokingly thank them and say I really needed that.

Marcelo
    Last edited by Marcelo; 09-17-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I've had many nice comments in validation from my pictures but now I go out socially I've had some lovely face to face comments, the outfit in my avatar got quite a few really nice comments from GGs at the meeting I wore it. I do feel it's very special having GGs comment the, because they see you differently than guys, I'm sure they honestly see you as an attractive woman.

I love it. Makes my day!

I've never had the pleasure of going out in public en femme but if I were to (and will one of these days) I would be so flattered if I got a compliment from somebody. Even if a male complimented my looks I would be flattered and I'm not gay. I would actually find it quite exciting.

Yes, I enjoy compliments from both friends and strangers while out and about dressed. The comment that really catches me off guard is being mam'd while out in guy mode.

As for posting pictures, other than this site, I do not do much online.