Thread: Breast implants

Breast implants

Who has breast implants? I'm thinking of getting them and need advice. Chris+

Hi Chris, I don't have implants, have often thought about it. Then I think of my cousin ( a GG ) who had implants. After 15 years, she had trouble with them and had to have them replaced. I would definitely ask if implants are a lifetime thing or do they need to be replaced after a while. I asked her, but she never answered me. She didn't know I was CD, so I was not a person she wanted to discuss that with. Some investigation now could save you a lot of grief down the road. Anna

Quote Originally Posted by anna kate View Post
    I would definitely ask if implants are a lifetime thing or do they need to be replaced after a while.
    They definitely have to be replaced from time to time. It's one of those 'you mileage may vary' things but everyone I know who has had them has eventually had a flat and needed to get fixed. I don't know what the surgeons tell their first-time customers but I know they tell the people who need replacement that it's not at all uncommon.

Misschris - you're thinking of getting them? Is that as casual as it sounds? It's not really like getting your ears pierced or something.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Yes, I have implants. What did you need to know?
    Re: getting a flat. Implants now are cohesive gel. If you cut one in half, you would have two. They're commonly called gummi- bears.
    They MAY have to be replaced someday, but that varies.
    Either PM me, or post agian with your concerns/questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    They definitely have to be replaced from time to time. It's one of those 'you mileage may vary' things but everyone I know who has had them has eventually had a flat and needed to get fixed.
    ^that might depend upon the surgeon, as well as the person who has them. Lady I work with had hers done back in 1985; looked perfect back then, so far, no problems at all; she speaks about it openly to anyone who wants to know (she had hers done after having her kids, and wanted her old figure back, and boy did she get it; now 60, she looks half her age).
    Like any other type of 'remodeling', if you get the best to do the job, you don't have to get it done twice. Far too many people go 'cheap' and expect the best results. This is something that you want done right the first time around, with the best implants, and the right shaped ones, too. Shop around, and by that I mean get the best you can afford. REALLY good ones, done right, when the size is appropriate, you can't tell the difference unless you already know, or can spot the surgical scars. And that's not just me; I get that from the mammogram technician who works with both real and breasts with implants constantly.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Re: getting a flat. Implants now are cohesive gel. [...] They MAY have to be replaced someday, but that varies.
    I freely admit that everyone I know who has them is sporting saline or silicone, so take my statement with whatever reservation you like.

Edit: I did a little research and "gummy bear" implants were only approved for use in the US in early 2013. Apparently they were available elsewhere for over a decade before that.
    Last edited by Pat; 09-18-2016 at 10:25 PM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I could not find a single surgeon who recommended saline. They all said they leaked to much, and were as not long lasting as cohesive gel. My Dr. suggested that at my age (I got them at 55) with gel I may never need a replacement. We'll see.
    Trust your surgeon, not a forum full of women that don't have implants.

Reality Check
    Are you living as a woman or do you plan to? Do you identify yourself as "transsexual"?

Having female looking breasts would be great but if you are a crossdresser and spend any time at all as a male, you should think about the problems this will cause you in your social and business life.

Banned Read only
    I have them and have had them for about 5 years, c to c+ size great feeling when you feel natural. Of course I live 24/7 female so no problem with them, they are gel.

I met a girl (GG) in a dance place that had gummi bears and they were just awesome. I want I want hehe

Reality Check
    Sad to say, I've never felt either side of a pair of breast implants.

I've just have mine two months ago and so far I feel very happy and satisfied. Yes I am aware that they are no lifetime and eventually they have to be changed, when the day comes I will change them for bigger ones...

I realize that is a big step. I was just curious. Thanks for all the info...

i don't have to worry about implants ,i have 46DDD natural breast from gynecomastia caused by prescription meds so i wear a bra full time and i cannot hide my profile so i live life every day as a normal male bra and panties under my male clothes

Aspiring Member
    I don't have implants but my wife does. She got the cohesive gel implants as well. She was told they're technically expected to last a lifetime but no one really knows at this point if that's truly the case. They may need to be replaced down the road but only time will tell.