Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink fog?

Pink fog?

I've seen this term used here only. Can anyone describe it?

Reality Check
    Sure. It's an excuse for doing stupid things or not thinking clearly because your mind is focused on crossdressing. Examples would be forgetting to remove your makeup before going to pick up your kids at school, leaving feminine clothing or jewelry out in plain sight for your wife or children to find, accidentally signing an e-mail with your female name, etc. I could list dozens of other situations, but I think you get the picture.

For those living as females, it's probably not a problem but for those of us living double lives, we need to keep our wits about us. "Pink fog" is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Krisi; 09-20-2016 at 08:32 AM.

So far the only part of that I have to worry about (and I do) is leaving the laptop with this site up. Probably couldn't blame that on "pop up ads"!

Banned Read only
    Gynbart,
    It's being totally absorbed in CDing at the expense of everything else, losing control of how much you spend and how many items you buy, not caring who knows about your dressing at the expense of all around you, it's a CDing high when nothing else figures in your life. It usually feels like a rollercoaster ride that normally ends in one hell of a bump, then you have to figure out just what you CDing is all about and you probably start questioning your gender because the high you were on was inexplicable.

It's a ride you can't keep taking because it's so mentally tiring and so difficult for your partners to come to terms with, many turn to counselling to try and balance out their lives.

Aspiring Member
    The one other dynamic I'd add or point out in terms of pink fog is that the focus on CD'ing also can lead you to forget about others feelings. For instance, I know many of us have had small successes with our partners in gaining their acceptance. A little additional leeway (maybe the ability to wear panties under our drab clothes) leads to us getting lost in the fog and then over doing it (suddenly going bra, panties, garters, stockings) and pushing our partners too far too fast resulting in a backlash. It's like an adrenaline high, it can be just as freeing, just as dangerous and must be managed just as carefully.

So far I am the only one who knows about this part of my life. Only a keystroke recorder on this laptop can tell on me. I am fighting the urge to buy heels to fit my 9 1/2 foot. Some makeup to see how I might look. Of course shaving the beard I've had for years to make that happen.

The pink fog is when you shave your legs while your wife/SO is away for a day or two. Or you get your ears pierced thinking no one will notice. Or you wear that pretty white silk shell that looks just like a t-shirt with that tan bralette under it that shows through like a neon sign. You'd swear that morning looking in the mirror it wasn't noticeable...thats pink fog...

Hey...we could almost make up a thread of "whats your pink fog moment"...

Banned Read only
    Guynbart,
    Take it in stages, maybe lose the beard first, my start was very basic, I just collected discarded makeup from my wife and daughter, they didn't know but it was a great way to learn because I had so little to work with that I had to use it sparingly so I learned how little it took to build up the look. It was only in January this year that I bit the bullet and bought my own , I was going out to a social group so I went to Boots and asked for a colour test, the beautician was lovely and showed me how to apply foundation with a brush and then how to apply powder, we discussed eye makeup and then went and chose lipstick and mascara, she told me how much she enjoyed it and I gratefully thanked her.
    Your purchases may be dictated by staying in the closet or eventually going out, sexy underwear may look great but it does get uncomfortable for long periods ( why do GGs wear it so little ?), I find stockings more practical than tights but make sure you buy the right length, certainly don't waste your money on one size because they stress suspender belts too much . I bit the bullet and shopped for shoes in a retail outlet, you don't have a choice but try them on and make sure you wear knee highs/tights or stockings some shops won't let you try them without foot covering as I found out to my cost.
    The important thing is CDing doesn't have to cost a fortune, all my outerwear comes from charity shops as do most of my shoes and accessories, but underwear is always new , usually from sales.

You may not need forms right away, I still use double layered water filled balloons , they work just fine for me and I don't need lower padding, not all members feel the same and spend on extra padding, I like to be as natural as possible but we all have different ideas on our presentation so it depends on what you prefer to look like, GGs come in all shapes and sizes and I'm happy being a trim size 12.

Its going to shock most people I know just to shave! Especially as colder weather approaches. In all my years I've only shaved as the summer approaches. This may be my Pink Fog moment!

oh well wish you the best of luck Gunybard...
    and Krisi made a very good point on explaining what pink fog is ...

Gilda
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

It is like an alcohol buzz, that gets you going "damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead", right into possible getting outed, and in trougle you might regret later. Often times, nothing happens, but the careless ness can raise the possibilities way up/ Once, while temporarily staying with a 78 yr old lady, while homeless, i forget, and left my elastic shiny bracelets in the shower after dressing while she was gone. I left, and came back, and she had put them next to my bed. After i moved away, i sent her some photos of me dress, and in lingerie. She did not like it, and told me i need to quit dressing.

I see the pink fog as being so [absorbed, preoccupied, obsessed, distracted, etc...] by thoughts of crossdressing that you can't properly focus on what you should at the time. Not getting work done, ignoring pressing matters at home and work, and irresponsible spending. I've been in and out of it many times.
    Not to be confused with pink London Fog, which is a girly trench coat.

Lost in a pink fog I have bought more clothes than I can ever wear. Shoes that kill my feet but look so sexy. Dresses that are so short I can't wear them out of the bedroom, and enough panties that I don't have to wash for a year and a half.
    Live and let dress.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I see the pink fog as being so [absorbed, preoccupied, obsessed, distracted, etc...] by thoughts of crossdressing that you can't properly focus on what you should at the time. Not getting work done, ignoring pressing matters at home and work, and irresponsible spending. I've been in and out of it many times.
    Not to be confused with pink London Fog, which is a girly trench coat.
    Yup, that about sums it up for me also.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Pink fog is like a cloud that surrounds you. All you can see is pink, the pink is metaphorically femininity, it being fog is because fog conceals our appearance and we become engrossed with the feelings of feeling pretty/femme.

I like to think there are different tiers of fog density, the most dense being a full transformation to the best of ones ability, while the least dense being slight mannerisms or just panties under your work clothes. The pink fog can become all consuming and most people never escape once in too deep, so be careful and have fun.

Pink fog is the mental state a CDer is in when they are dressed or about to dress. To try to describe it in words, at least for my own experience, it's that excited giddy feeling when you are dressed and it looks just right in the mirror. Like being intoxicated with self love.

Same here, but I have managed to stop the buying to only what I "need". The fog is now driving me out of the house, so we will see what happens...
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Platinum Member

It is Very Powerful !!

Hi Guynbart, Here is an example, You need some materials for a home improvement
    project so you jump in your truck and head to Home Depot but,

On the way there your mind starts to wander and the next thing you know you are at Lane Bryant,
    Dress Barn or PayLess and are headed home with a couple new outfits and a couple new pairs of heels.

See line #2 in my signature,

I hope that this clears up for you what ( Pink Fog ) is......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-21-2016 at 06:20 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Like I was in Walgreen's yesterday to buy something too gross to mention here, but spent more time on the makeup isle than ever. I wonder if anyone saw me look longingly at the shiny red lipstick!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Pink fog can rule your life if you let it. I've lost jobs over it for having so much time off, turned down jobs because I'd have no free time,(I do work BTW), spent much more than I can afford on clothes and make-up. But then you get your time and you think, yes, its all worth it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Here is an example, You need some materials for a home improvement
    project so you jump in your truck and head to Home Depot but,

On the way there your mind starts to wander and the next thing you know you are at Lane Bryant,
    Dress Barn or PayLess and are headed home with a couple new outfits and a couple new pairs of heels.
    In a case like this, would one still go to Home Depot -- while wearing said new outfit & heels?

And be flattered when the guys in plumbing and hardware look you over?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    How can you tell if they're checking you out -- or simply checking out your new outfit, wondering if it comes in their size?

Anyway, the pink fog can definitely be real.

Don't ask me how I know.

1) I would want to see if any guy is checking my ass.
    2) Please let me ask how you know!

Oh wow, never heard of "pink fog" but that's definitely something I need to be cautious about.

Darian lives a separate life from Luz/Lucy/Inese. One day I'll join the two...

But for now, my stockings need the warmth of my legs <3

Quote Originally Posted by Guynbart View Post
    2) Please let me ask how you know!
    well...there was this one guy in Target who tripped over himself turning to watch me go by...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,