Thread: Too Many Choices

Reality Check

Too Many Choices

When I was working, I had slacks or jeans and I had shirts hanging in the closet. When I got dressed in the morning, my choices were pretty simple. Any shirt went with jeans and the slacks were either black, grey, blue or brown and solid colors. Matching them to a shirt and tie was pretty simple. I might even wear a jacket or suit but it was still simple.

Now, I get up some mornings and just can't figure out what to wear. Solid? patterned? Stripes? Which blouse goes with which skirt or should I wear a dress? Short or long? Casual or more dressy? And of course, the jewelry has to match the rest.

It's not easy being a girl, even for a few hours.

Variety is the spice of life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

You are right it is not easy being a girl! Although, this is part of the reason some like to crossdress, the variety of clothing choices! They find shirt and pants mundane and boring. And then the makeup has to be just right and the wig must be on correctly. The right shoes to complete the outfit. No, it is not easy being a girl, but it is not boring either!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Oh jeez. I feel ya there. Before I got into CDing my wardrobe was just filled with whatever clothes would fit. Now that I have actual preferences for clothing and know what I like, not only do I have more clothes, but it's really hard to figure out what to wear when I like them all. XD

My wardrobe palette is small. I like, and most everything I have is, black, white, silver, or in the cool deep reds family (burgundy, maroon, fuchsia, purple, etc.....but not true red). Everything goes with everything. It's just my preference, but I don't wear yellow, orange, green....same for makeup, no warm shades. Silver jewellery, no gold. Not much variety, decisions are easy, works for me.

I thought half the reason we did this was that we got to wake up in the morning and say "Which of these wonderful clothes do I get to wear today?" At least it is for me.

Hi Krisi,

My running joke had always been that I need Garanimals for adults. NOT a good trait for a crossdresser

That being said, I love having to give some thought to my outfit now, although if going out, it can be a bit unnerving. I suppose if I'm really in a jam over clothing choices I can always come here and do a "which one should I wear" post. I'm sure I can count on the collective wisdom of the group to keep me from making a public spectacle of myself.

Elizabeth

You are absolutely correct 😊👗 it's not easy, decisions, decisions, decisions. Then during the day, I usually change a couple of times. Capris, skirt, dress, heels, flats, blonde, brunette, blouse, sleeveless or not..ad the beat goes on...but what fun.

The question of matching colors and patterns really is not gender-specific. I spent years pondering selection of shirt, tie and suit combinations as a male (not to mention shoes and belt.)

If you miss having simple choices (the blue outfit or the brown outfit) then you can get back to that if you want. But I suspect you don't want that. My sense is you're too pragmatic to let that problem exist if it wasn't by choice. But the choice of the boy clothes or the girl clothes is unique to crossdressers. I was floundering over the same question once when my TS girlfriend mentioned she was so happy to be "past her crossdresser phase." She said now she gets up in the morning and there's no question of "should I put on the guy clothes or the girl clothes" -- that's answered. Over time it's become answered for me too. I don't own boy clothes any more.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

We revel in the clothing choices provided to us by our female wardrobes, and can't seem to get enough of trying to develop a personal style that works for us, putting together unique outfits from all the bits and pieces in our collections, as well as choosing just the right accessories to go with them. And don't even get me started on the shoes! shoes! shoes! and the infinite choices in the way of panties and bras.

In "guy" mode, I have my typical small number "go-to" casual clothes, and replace them only on an "as needed" basis - usually when they start to either get threadbare, worn out, or grossly out of style, or else when my wife puts the hammer down and declares "You need to get some new (insert appropriate item of drab clothing here) NOW, otherwise I refuse to be seen with you in public any more!" That, or she simply throws up her hands and just buys them for me. Being retired, the few suits I still own have been relegated to the back of the closet and only come out for special occasions such as family weddings, and presumably one day - for my funeral as well )

When it comes to "Leslie", though, anything goes, and "wants" magically morph into "needs". I have outfits for every occasion, including formal ones where the likelihood of me ever wearing them in public range anywhere from "zero" to "nil". I like nothing better than to be out an about en femme wearing an outfit carefully chosen for the occasion, and when I get compliments from a GG on what I am wearing, that just adds to the thrill. So different from being out in drab, where - unless we happen to look like Brad Pitt or Ryan Gosling - we are essentially invisible.

Ironic, then, that GG's often chafe at all these clothing choices, find them onerous, and in the end opt for simplicity and "comfort" - hence the prevalence of jogging or yoga pants, jeans, sweatshirts, hoodies, and the ubiquitous flip flops...in other words the typical suburban "soccer mom" uniform often accessorized with piercings or tattoos as well.

It is often said that youth is wasted on the young. I sometimes feel that the freedom to indulge without judgement in all these myriad clothing choices is wasted on the wrong gender as well.
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 09-22-2016 at 09:40 AM.

That's why I like it finally I don't have to rely on such a narrow spectrum of wardrobe ideas.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Completely agree about choices.
    Even simple colors can be difficult at first for me.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

That's what makes crossdressing so much fun. Variety. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    And, u only have to dress, Krisi. Imagine having to dress the various characters Sherry portrays!

It's no wonder I have a semi of things for her. And, that trying remember what I have and where to find a certain item drives me nuts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a great problem to have!
    Hugs, Carole

Exactly why I never rush my wife when she's trying to get ready. I get it!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Haha, yip it's crazy. Until I got into dressing in a serious way I did used to wonder why my ex gf spent so much time getting ready and spent so much time and money on shopping now I completely understand.

Platinum Member
    Hi Krisi, It is like I have said many times, "No one ever said that being a Lady was going to be easy, Just Fun "......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I thought about my post later in the day and I'm a little ashamed of myself for posting this as a "problem" when so many folks have "real" problems like a wife that found out and is leaving or forcing them in to counseling, or someone forced to hide their dressing from a wife or family member. And of course, many folks are struggling with accepting the fact that they are doing something that is socially unacceptable or against their religious beliefs.

So, for those folks struggling with real problems, I apologize. My post was just meant in a lighthearted, fun way.

I love the choices I now have. Skirt or dress? Flats or heels? Do I have the right underwear so it doesn't show through? What kind of makeup would go with this? I revel in it. Bring it on! I love getting pretty and all the choices make it more fun!

Yes so many choices and I love it.
    Angie