Thread: Not so "Secret" adventure

Not so "Secret" adventure

I decides to make a trip to a boutique.The name of the place is Secret Boutique. Now I know the place sell mostly towards exotic dancers and body compaction but I hear they are well open towards crossdressers. I almost chickened out in the morning for a second time but I got myself up and went over. when I arrived there was a lady at the front. She welcomed me and ask if I was there for someone special or for myself. I told her it was for me and she quickly pointed out the areas. She first showed gaffs and one was with a prosthetic vagina. But she was more enthusiastic to sell me the plane gaff.

I have bought cloths before but after getting rid of them I decide to treat this day as it was my first time. So she showed me around. Mostly items for crossdressers. Gaffs, butt padding, bras, and wait trainers. She than showed me some high heels. If you saw what they had for sell you will see that most of the heels were for dancers. The one she wanted me to try on was a black, what I think is 4 inch heel, stilettos. She assumed my shoe size would have been 15 but when I told her 9 1/2 she moved down to 13. She helped me try them on and was excited they fit but she notice they were a little loss in the back so she gave me a 12 and those fit perfect. While I was putting my shoes back on I asked about the bra and again she picked out a size that fit me perfect. She suggested to add padding if I wanted but also my chest already seemed big enough I may not needed any. So I check the place out again. And at first I wasn't going to buy anything but I guess she won me over with the gaff. She was real welcoming and friendly so I may buy a few more items next time. Before I left I did ask about some makeup tips and she said that they didn't sell anything but they do have gatherings so I may also keep up with that.

Afterwards I went downtown and stopped by a Macy's. I was going to look around but I felt a little embarrassed so I left to a Payless. Now I know during the summer downtown was packed with tourist but with kids back in school the streets were not too busy. When I enter a man also came in after me. I went to the back corner wall where my men size shoes are and right across are women's. I picked up a foot scale just to see what my women's size will be. I was surprise when the lady guided the man to some socks nearby. She straddled me. She ask if I needed help and I acted as if I knew what I was doing. It wasn't until she left that I notice the scales were only for women. So she may have wondered what's going on. Once I got my size I quickly tried some shoes hoping the man wasn't going to come my way. But once he left a few women walked in. One was looking at the some shoes down the aisle from me. I had some shoes with me so I decide to walk up to her and put them away. She didn't seemed surprised. Another lady came by and was looking at some socks. I was still looking at some shoes so I debated if I wanted to pick another pair out near her but I didn't. There were two other women there. As I was trying shoes out I was hoping one of them was going to see me or at least have the cashier check on me but nobody came by as I looked around. I was able to find a good size for me and tried out flats, jogging shoes, some heels, and knee high boots for the first time.

I say that day was a big step forward. I hope that in the future I will have a little more courage and try some women cloths out. Also be a little more open to checking store out that are more tailored for women.

Sounds like you had a fun day! I wish I could go shopping while dressed, but I always let my nerves get the best of me. (^_^')

I think most of the workers around today in shoe, clothing items, and even cosmetics are losing some of their shocked looks on their faces when they see a male trying on or out their items. Maybe retailers are finally realizing we are shopping and are potential customers. I know most stores could care less the sexual orientation of the buyer. It's all money in the pockets of the owners and it's still green. That's their bottom line to sale and make more profit. We could and are a good market for them. I think we are the ones that get to feeling guilty sometimes for spending hard earned cash and read more into others view of us for doing so.

Thanks for sharing your story. Any day is almost always a good day when it comes to shopping. I have found that the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Sales assistants are usually very friendly and helpful - especially the younger generation, as they seem much more accepting of crossdressing men.
    Wishing you many more enjoyable dipping days ahead!
    Di

Platinum Member
    Hi April, The more you do it the easier it gets, One thing that helps newbies is don't eye contact with other customers......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I can only say from experience here in the UK , no one gives a hoot , and the majority of shops / stores have seen it all before , after all they are wanting your dollars .
    it's mostly how your greeted , but if you go in confident in yourself , then it shows .

if you go in looking all around as to who's in the next isle , you will become a nervous wreck , and probably buy the wrong size etc .
    as well as feeling uncomfortable and you think you may as well fit a flashing light on your head .

go out to enjoy shoppinig and go for you , not thinking about someone else , after all everyone else is doing the same , so why not you !

dont worry the more you do it , the easier it becomes , you can see the difference in the number of returns you make ! lol

I agree with everything y'all said. Haven't gone out dress yet but this was just one of the many baby steps that I am taking. The first women's store I have in mind of visiting is Torrid.

As I said on another thread, one step at a time! I am not out yet because of nowig and no makeup,but I buy whatever I want in Male mode. I was married for 34+ years and bought all kind of things for my wife just now when I buy them they are for me!! Best wishes moving forward!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thank you Lana Mae. It's going to be awhile trying/buying women's cloths in male mode before I'm able to go out with makeup and wig.