Thread: Another "nothing happened" thread - a great day out for me!

Another "nothing happened" thread - a great day out for me!

This is long, so if you read through then thanks in advance for indulging me

So I purged many years ago thinking I was “over that” and have been slowly rebuilding in recent months after returning to my cross dressing ways. So this past Tuesday I took a large step forward (at least for me).

On Tuesday I went for a makeover which I had scheduled a few weeks ago with the plan to go out from there and visit a couple of my favorite area shops afterwards. There is major construction going on in this area, so lots of road crews and police details on the streets – not easy to hide. I parked and got out of my car, fully dressed but without a stitch of makeup, and made my way to the salon, past said road crews and police. As expected, no stares, comments, finger pointing etc.

The makeover was all I hoped for – the salon was an oasis and my esthetician, Amanda was wonderful. She did a great job and also really helped build my confidence too when she complimented me on my choice of outfit and accessories.

Now made up, I was ready to take on the world, so I strode right up Main Street on a bright sunny morning, watching my reflection in windows as I walked past and dropped in at my favorite resale boutique. I have been to this shop several times and have become friendly with the owner, so it was kind of nice when I walked in and saw that she had that “you-look-familiar-but-I-can’t-quite-place-you” look on her face for a few moments before she put 2 & 2 together and recognized me. We talked, I shopped and just thoroughly enjoyed myself. By the time I left I had a new pair of cranberry dress pants and a white/cranberry print top to go with them!

My next stop was at my wig shop down the street. I had promised the women there when I bought my wig that I would be back when I was dressed and couldn’t wait to see them. I was greeted enthusiastically and made no attempt to feminize my voice, so if the man that was on his way out hadn’t already read me then the voice was a dead giveaway, but I wasn’t concerned. Moments later he returned and told the staff that he needed to speak to “this young lady”, gesturing to me. I joked about not being that young, but didn’t deny being a lady. He then told me that he also dresses and asked me if I knew of any groups in the area, which I unfortunately wasn’t able to help him with. I pointed him to this site, which he was aware of, but I wasn’t able to be of any more help. I chatted with the wig shop ladies for a few more minutes then headed back up the road. On my way back past the resale shop I glanced in and saw the same man from the wig shop was now there, so I shouted in to him that he would be well taken care of there. The shop owner said ‘Thanks Beth’ so I smiled to myself and went on my way.

The worst thing that happened to me all day was when returning to my care I realized I had forgotten to feed the meter and had a ticket. A kind gentleman about my age parked behind me offered me quarters for the meter, but since I already had my ticket and was on my way out I said no thank you. He then came over and we talked for a minute about the tickets (he had gotten one too) and I will say I was nervous being inches away and trying to be natural (this time I did try to feminize my voice), but he was a perfect gentleman. I thanked him again and went on my merry way.

From there it was a quick stop in at Payless and Kohls to browse then home.

All in all, I had a great time. It’s funny, but the last time I was out was years ago, and at night with virtually no interaction with anyone. I distinctly remember being equal parts terrified and exhilarated at the same time. It wasn’t like that this time. I was relaxed and happy the whole time. I was a little nervous maybe at times but mostly I just thoroughly enjoyed myself. I attribute this difference in no small way to this site and the information and encouragement I have gotten here from all of you. I will be doing this again soon I hope.

Thank you all,
    Beth

What a wonderful set of experiences. Interesting encounter in the wig shop. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the ticket.

it's so nice to be accepted , and treated accordingly , i tend to go out my way and thank the shop owners on my exit
    iv'e had a few extra's given to me too , especialy the smaller ones , although i can only speak for the UK , iv'e yet to have anything hostile in about 3 years
    a few sniggers and laughs , which i soon make short work of with a discussion to the managment , but nothing phases me now .

and the complements i get are quite astounding , i always say thank you and point the party towards perhaps a new pair of glasses !
    in a few cases , struck up a conversation with other customers and ended up being asked to go for a coffee and chat , as all ways i accept
    we chat over coffee , and in most cases the trans question never arises , so nice to be accepted by the majority.

Wonderful story of a day in the life after years of denial, we never lose our "uniqueness" and you sound like a natural. Funny how when we relax and enjoy ourselves everything falls into place, you also helped another "dresser" on their journey just another bonus to your day and having a man treat and accept you as a woman is very refreshing and I know you'll be out and about very soon.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

It's that interaction, for me far more important than the clothing, that makes it all so special. Thanks for sharing.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Read only
    What? Nothing bad happened? Impossible! No wait, yep, that's pretty typical. Good on you Beth

This is a good kind of "nothing happened" story. But, really, several good things did happen.
    Hugs, Carole

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Thanks Elizabeth for another great going out story, it's nice to be able to interact with folks and just show all we are just as normal as they are we just enjoy dressing up.
    Glad you had a great time
    Leigh

Elizabeth, good things happened! So happy you had a good time! Sorry you got the ticket. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Way to go Beth! Any pics?
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

It sounds like your transformation makeup was done at a salon for women, not CDs. How did you find it and determine that it would work for you?
    I love myself in curves!

Thank you all for the feedback and kind words of encouragement!

Hi Carley,

Yes, the salon is predominantly for women, but it is TS owned and has a page on their web site offering transgender services, so I felt comfortable.

Hi Nicole,

Yes, there will be pictures! I just need to get around to getting them off the camera and resized.

I have already scheduled another makeover appointment so another Beth day is coming soon.

Thanks again,

Beth