Thread: I am a trans woman

I am a trans woman

Hi all

Here is my update.

I came to a decision a month back that I want to live full time as a transgender woman. I was talking to my therapist and she suggest to me that I should go to callen lorde for transgender services. I thought about being a woman for a long time every since I was between ages of 11 and 13. I never acted on it due to the distractions and negative ppl I allowed in my life. Its just that I was having trouble with loving myself and finding myself due to the fact I was abandoned by my mom and i didn't get much love and support from family and friends. I had to hide my self from everyone due to fear of judgement and prejudice for a long time. There are times when I look myself in the mirror, I see myself as a beautiful woman and I want to get to that stage.

I was thinking to myself I will be much happy as woman. I know that it will be a hard journey but I am willing to put in the effort.

From looking at YouTube videos like Jade porchett and Carmen carrera (I did met her in NJ), and going to support groups to meet others like me, I will say that I was inspired by it. Most important, by me saying that I want to be a woman, that's how I truly feel about myself.

Sorry for my rant

Hi Tiffany, so sorry to hear your childhood was so devoid of love. I can relate to so much you've said, with the exception of being abandoned by mom. No child should have to start out life without their mother, unless she died or is not mentally sound. I sure hope you find happiness in life. And if becoming a woman brings you that happiness and peace of mind, I sure hope you reach that goal.

Hugs,
    Tina

Yes she passed away

Well done you, go for it girl
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-24-2016 at 04:12 PM. Reason: No need to quote an entire post just to add a few words

You're at the foot of a tall mountain/ there are many others climbing too though -
    Access to good therapy, and meeting and talking to other trans women will be key. Also, spending time in the real world as yourself will serve to separate out what we often think of what I means to be a woman, from what it ACTUALLY means to be full time. Best of luck, and we're here for you

Hi Tiffany, like you, I have decided to take action in my desire to become a woman. I am finding that the process is not going as fast as I would like it to go. Hopefully, by the end of October I can start hormones. Do you have an idea of when you will start hormones? I hope to go all the way with bottom surgery eventually. Do you want to do the same? I expect this to be a tough process, but I believe the rewards will be worth it. Best of luck to you in your journey.

I would start my hrt within 1-3 months. Type of procedures I want is breast aug, ffs, Adams apple removal, electrolysis

Hi, Tiffany---Welcome! You are amongst friends here, so fear not. Enjoy the ride, for although it is filled with occaissional setbacks the destination is worth it. As for your desired procedures, consider facial electolysis/laser for your first step. There is nothing more inconvenient for a gal than 5 o'clock shadow, along with the necessity of having to shave frequently.
    Hugs!
    Marie

I was going for that first