Thread: Over a watch!

Over a watch!

Ok, I have bought many feminine things in male mode. I had to replace my mouse on my computer because my grandson was playing with it and apparently dropped it one time too many! I was in Walmart and had purchased the mouse and was walking through the women's section which is next to the jewelry counter. I stopped and was looking at the watches(I need a female watch and none of my male watches work). I purchased a woman's Timex with a long band and Dayglo. The SA was nice and asked if I wanted to wear it out of the store. The watch is obviously feminine, I am dressed in male mode and she asked if I wanted to wear it out of the store! I was taken aback for a second, then said no! Hindsight is 20/20, I should have said yes! But after I picked up my bag, I skipped away swinging the bag like a little girl! That I had never done before! It was only for 4 or so steps but it was obvious! One SA approaching from the opposite direction looked up and had a funny look on her face but it was more of an amused look!! It was neat but also weird. Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 09-24-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I was looking at the new Apple Watch recently, and a couple people in he store referred to the different sizes as the male and female version. They're visually identical except for a small size difference. Apple doesn't even make the gender distinction that I've seen. It just seemed odd.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I wear a girls watch all the time. Its silver with a purple face and diamante style around the edge. I said I wanted it because I have thin wrists (true), but really I just loved the watch!

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like a fun and somewhat liberating experience. I wear a Fitbit Blaze as my watch in either male or female mode. The nice thing is there are a myriad of bands and frames (the watch head just snaps into the frame which the band is attached to) with a feminine glitz that this works. There is only one model of Blaze, they don't make a smaller one for women so it works

I'm into watches, I have more than I really should (got to stop collecting this stuff). Many watches are basically unisex now, the only difference is in size. Men's full size watches have grown in size from around 28mm to over 40 in the last 50 years. Styles have changed too; in other parts of the world, you will see men wearing lighter color watches in pastels and white ceramics, that wasn't seen on men at all last century. So we can get away with wearing many different designs today. Of course, some people like so much glitter and bling on their wrist, it's hard to tell if it's a ladies watch or a man's these days. To each their own. This is as fancy as I can wear: big_bang_luna_rossa sm.jpg
    It's about 44mm, they make a 'ladies' version that's 'only' 38mm. Still much bigger than the first divers watch I bought myself when I got my first job (a 32mm Bulova in 1972).
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-23-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm with Dianef, I've ALWAYS worn women's watches even before I dressed because I'm rather small framed and men's watches are all as thick as a brick and as big around as a vinyl record so only women's watches look proportionate on me. Of course I haven't actually worn a watch since we all started carrying cell phones.

I've got a couple fem watches I bought at Walmart, thru the self checkout. I only wear them in fem mode, but I actually prefer them to the guy watch, which is bigger and heavier. The holidays, including halloween and christmas are coming up, and is a good time to stock up on fem stuff, including makeup, without raising any eyebrows.

Another watch junkie here. I wore pocket watches when I was working (wrists tend to swell when your playing upright bass with a high action) and still do, but have been putting a wristwatch in my pocket lately under less formal settings. Love mechanical watches, particularly chronographs and special features (alarm, stopwatch etc.). It seems that women's watches have grown larger over the past decades and are now larger than the men's watches used to be. As my eyes aged it became more important to have a readable dial, so I tend toward white faces with black hands.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My wife likes men's watches, because they're big. I know, some women's watches are big.
    Seems to me that it's where you wear the watch. Most men wear their watch on the hand side of that wrist bone knob. And most women wear it on the forearm side of the wrist bone.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae, It sounds like that watch came with a good dose of PINK FOG......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    When I wear a watch its a ladies watch. I have 4 ladies watches and no guy watches.
    I have 2 bracelet watches I just love.

I have the "female" version of the Apple Watch. I Measured my wrists, and the larger one was just too big for my "man" wrists.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Reality Check
    Of all the things we buy, we have absolutely no reason to try to hide buying a women's watch. It's not like panties or a bra, men buy watches as gifts all the time.

Krisi, the thing that amazed me was the little girl thing! It happened like a reaction and not purposeful! Just a little girl skipping and swinging her bag! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I do not wear my bracelets much - but I have a collection of ladies watches I wear all the time

Banned Read only
    I've also become a watch junkie. I don't depend on my cellphone for the time, for two reasons: partly because I prefer an accurate watch that can tell time to the second, and also because it's quicker to glance at my wrist than it is to pull my cellphone out of its pouch.

In guy mode I wear a plain Casio with a steel bracelet. It looks dressy enough, does everything I want it to, and keeps just as good time as any fancypants Rolex. Plus if it quits working after a watery accident at a pool party (which happened to my last "guy" watch) it doesn't cost $4,000 to replace. Mind you, I do own a FAKE Rolex that I like to show people now and then, just for fun. I know it's a genuine fake because, first of all, it cost me 21,000 Korean Won, which SOUNDS like a lot of money but was actually worth about $26 at the time, roughly the price of a Timex. Secondly because it has the word CHRONOMETR on the face, spelled just like that with an E missing! What a hoot!

It's unfortunate that many ladies' watches are not designed for precise reading, even when they do keep good time. Is it 8:37 or 8:38? With some watches, who can tell? We ladies are not expected to worry over such trifles, because if our date won't wait one more minute for us, he obviously wasn't worth bothering with! So in spite of that shortcoming I've collected as many as half a dozen feminine watches. Isn't that typical? I've got ONE "guy watch" that I wear regularly, and SIX for Marianne! Some of them I just fell in love with on the spot and couldn't resist buying, like an Anne Klein with a classic design, and a big funky Betsey Johnson. That woman is so much fun! Then there's the unusual silver marcasite watch with a matching bracelet I just couldn't pass up because J. C. Penney had it on clearance for $15. Plus of course I had to have ONE ladies' digital watch that does show time to the exact second (it's an Armatron).

I've discovered the drawback to owning all these watches. Batteries in a digital watch last for years, but if they have to drive mechanical hands they only last a year or two at most. Then they all need to be replaced, in rotation, and one or another is likely to have given out at any particular time. That's OK if I can get the back off the watch, but I couldn't get it off my Betsey Johnson for instance, or not without damaging it, which I don't want to do. That meant paying a "professional" to replace the battery. The cost of that depends where you go. The "jewelry repair boutique" in my local shopping mall is a ripoff, but Sears watch servicing counter did it for a fair price.

The up side of course is that if you have six watches and one of them stops because the battery craps out, you still have five more to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne S View Post
    In guy mode I wear a plain Casio with a steel bracelet.
    It's unfortunate that many ladies' watches are not designed for precise reading, even when they do keep good time. Is it 8:37 or 8:38? Plus of course I had to have ONE ladies' digital watch that does show time to the exact second (it's an Armatron).
    Don't have a fancy cellphone so that is out.
    Everyone kids me about my watch, only have one. Doesn't exude Feminine. It is a cheap Casio with the stainless steel band also, used to have one with a black band. Prefer a digital LCD style with 24H option, don't get me started on that, they also kid me when I give them 24H time. When it gives up I just go to Walmart and get a new one. Have to look for that Armatron type.

Did have one guy look at my watch and was impressed with it, not sure if he was hitting on me or just obnoxious. Old ploy to ask a woman the time, to check out your voice.

Aspiring Member
    Now for the opposite view - When I retired some fifteen years ago and canceled my scheduled life I took off my watch and have not worn one since. Sun comes up, sun goes down, all I need to know

Ineke

I have two citizen dive watches that I need to send them to get them new batteries and they replace the bands also. But I do have nice girl watch that I use en femme.. But all my other watches are dive watches.
    Part Time Girl

Funny thing is - when I am out and about en femme, I actually feel more conspicuous these days wearing one of my usual ladies' watches.

Like everything else when it comes to co-opting men's clothing and accessories under the guise of "menswear", women seem to have taken a shine to men's watches as well, and are now wearing them in favor of the smaller, more traditional ladies' watches generally intended for them.

Sure, some of these watches give a perfunctory nod to being a feminized version of the typical large-faced men's models with some added bling, but in most cases, today's GG's simply wear men's watches - period. Seems that wearing one of these is actually more of a fashion statement these days, as most people nowadays rely on their smartphones when they need to know the time.

I had bough my wife a watch at the Hard Rock Casimo in tampa, the have some real beauties. I was in Jo mode. Well I liked it so much that when I went back again a couple of weeks later, I picked up another, the SA ask why I needed another one. I told her this time it was for me. The watch this time had a real nice all leather ban, the sa ask if I wanted to wear it I said yes. Well it just about fit the last hole an real tight. The sa said you have big hands and wrist, I told her i was a male, she look at me an smiled you look very nice. My watch and I go every were in JO mode.

Never worn a watch when in girly mode, as its too nice for me to be the girl i am supposed to be and hate to see time running...only wearing a watch in male mode :-)
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    Now for the opposite view - When I retired some fifteen years ago and canceled my scheduled life I took off my watch and have not worn one since. Sun comes up, sun goes down, all I need to know

Ineke
    Same here. I used to wear a gold watch. Actual gold that was given to me as a gift. It cost a few hundred dollars back in the 1960s. It had a little tuning fork that kept the time and was the most accurate watch out at the time. Fast forward a decade or two and A $4 digital watch kept better time and didn't need a professional cleaning every year or two.

If I need to know what time it is, I have my phone, my TV and a clock on the wall. Even my vehicles have clocks.

I have a cheap ladies watch but it's a prop, nothing more. Like my boobs but smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    I was looking at the new Apple Watch recently, and a couple people in he store referred to the different sizes as the male and female version. They're visually identical except for a small size difference. Apple doesn't even make the gender distinction that I've seen. It just seemed odd.
    You're right, Apple doesn't distinguish the two sizes as "male" or "female". Some people like the larger (42mm) size, some the smaller (38mm) size. I got the smaller size because I simply don't car for the big size watch, Apple or otherwise.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.