Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is wearing high heels crossdressing?

Technicaly yes, it makes him a crossdresser. If we consider cd definition as laurababe said and since high heels are consider as female "clothing" (yeah yeah those are shoes) it fit that definition. Plus wearing female underwear, no question in that that he is cd But dont try to convice him of what is right or wrong. Let it go

I can only think of a couple of exceptions to your original question about wearing high heels... One could wear some Western boots with pretty high heels. Not spikes but high ones nonetheless. I have a pair that might qualify even though they are strictly men's boots.

The second situation might be where for some weird reason, he may not be able to find men's shoes that fit properly. Some people have extremely narrow feet and that type of shoe is hard to find in men's sizes.

BUT... once you added the wearing panties & pantyhose, I'd say that all exceptions are off at that point. He is crossdressing, at least to some extent.

That does raise an interesting question though; how much do you need to crossdress before you are a crossdresser? Let's say that you wear something that is designed primarily for women but looks pretty asexual. For the longest time, I had a bowling shirt that I wore quite a bit. Wore it to work, considered it to be a bit "dressy" (not in the sense of being a dress but rather something a little nicer to wear) and was complimented by many different people through the years. It was only when I read the tag on the inside of the shirt while consulting instructions to remove a stain that I realized it was a woman's shirt. Was I crossdressing at that point?

Lacy PJs

Reality Check
    I was going to suggest that you invite this person to join (or just browse) this forum to learn more about crossdressing but since several members have already insulted him, that may not be a good idea.

I would say wearing women's high heeled shoes and women's panties would be defined as crossdressing. Perhaps he is not a "crossdresser" but he is crossdressing when he does that.

For anyone confused by that statement, consider this: I can play golf a couple times a year but that doesn't make me a "golfer".

Does it matter -shoes are shoes lol

This is a great thread.
    I was in the same boat as your friend Pumped. I used to dress up in lingerie, hose and heels because I loved the look and feel of being wrapped in femininity. Then sexually gratify myself. It may have been crossdressing but I didn't consider myself a crossdresser.
    It wasn't until I started getting fully dressed up and going about my day around the house doing chores. It was then that I took stock of my actions and my growing wordrobe that I had a "holy crap" moment and realized I'm a crossdresser.
    Your friend may never progress pass heels and hose but problably will and have his own "holly crap" moment.
    Hugs,
    Roxy

A long time ago I was visiting a friend who was a cross dresser. I was dressed in lingerie and he pointed out, quite correctly, that I was a transvestite. I denied it and said it was just a fetish. So much for being "young, ignorant and clueless". When you are in denial you cannot easily be persuaded otherwise.

What's the purpose of the term crossdresser here? It could be so he can describe himself or it could be so you could describe him. When describing himself he does not want to use the term crossdresser. I think we have to give him that right if we want others to accept our own self-evaluations. On the other hand if you're using the term to describe him (to someone else, clearly it would be disrespectful to use the term when speaking to him) then he doesn't get to choose your words.

This seems like a power game to me. The point seems to be to decide who gets to define whom.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Jennie, I really could care less what he wants to call himself. I just thought it was funny when I clearly saw it as crossdressing, as many do here too. I think he is in denial, certainly when he connects dressing with being gay. I guess he thinks it is ok to wear woman's clothing, just don't be gay while you are doing it! ;-)

We all talk about wanting to wear what we want and yet here is someone who does and we all condemn him. A name is just a name. Now I am a crossdresser and I accept it. However there are times where I will wear tights and p/h for support or warmth, Under that I wear panties because they fit better under p/h. When I wear hose for support I don't consider that cross dressing either.
    I also have a couple of pairs of women's clogs some with a 2+ inch heel that I wear in drab, that honestly I wouldn't wear when dressing enfemme. Yes they are from the women's department but I also don't consider them as cross dressing.

Oh no, he would fall into the transvestite category! <smiley face
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

He sounds like a crossdresser to me and one who is likely to jump deeper down the rabbit hole. I've always been reluctant to label myself but by definition I am crossdresser as I like to wear women's clothes. Your friend is possibly in the same vote.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think he is gay.
    I would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    We all talk about wanting to wear what we want and yet here is someone who does and we all condemn him. A name is just a name. Now I am a crossdresser and I accept it.
    Sorry, but I can't agree with that. First, I don't think we (or most of us, anyway) or condemning the guy. We're just calling him a crossdresser because he wears women's shoes, women's pantyhose and women's panties. He's pretty much the living definition of a crossdresser. It sounds like the only reason he rejects that designation for himself is that he thinks that to be a crossdresser, he has to be gay. And he either isn't gay, or is gay or doesn't want to admit it. If he would accept that lots of crossdressers are not gay, he might have less trouble calling himself a crossdresser. But words do have meanings, and apart from what some individuals choose to believe about the meaning of "crossdresser," men who wear women's clothes--particularly high-heeled shoes and panties--are, by defininition, crossdressers.

He is a CDer, He is just in denial because denial feels good!
    I use denial too, No way am i gonna become a gurl. Nu uh Not for me no way! I'm a man! and these are my Manties*

Pumped, this is what your friend's argument sounds like to me:

"Yes, I put this piece of cake in my mouth, chewed it then swallowed it, but I didn't eat it. See, most people eat cake because it's delicious. I just eat it because my blood sugar is low. So because I'm not ingesting it for the same reasons, I don't see why I should say I ate it."

Good point Jacqueline. I never looked at it that way/

Many years ago I was on another forum (I think it was a long hair forum) where a member wore dresses, heels, makeup, nail polish, etc. and had gorgeous long hair... but refused to accept the term "crossdresser". He insisted he was NOT a crossdresser, but instead was an "androgyne", which I figured must be a term for an uppity crossdresser.