Thread: Stunned.

Stunned.

I think it's funny how transition can take on a life of its own.

I had a good idea of how and when I was going to take this and so on.

This morning I went to work. It was a very normal day, as far as a Saturday can be at a Grocery store.

The person in my department that took over and was our closer for the day is a close friend that I can talk to about my transition and I can trust her.

Management pulled her out of our department to work elsewhere in the store.

I finished my shift and I was headed up front to fill out the log book to make sure I get paid for this next week because I'm on vacation.

As I stepped onto the sales floor, I hear my friend page me to come to the Floral department where she was.

I get there, and one of our co-managers is with her. Our most senior co-manager at that.

She notices that I'm headed home because I have my Motorcycle jacket on and my helmet in my hand.

She comments that she didn't realize that I was off the clock and that she wanted to talk to me bout something that is not work related.

She then tells me that she has figured me out by telling me that she is also a Mary Kay representative and if I need any skin care products or makeup products that she has no problem providing me a catalog.

We talk a little and I head home.

A few hours later, I go back up there to pick my Nephew up and give him a ride home.

I meet up with my friend and we talk about what happened a little.

Come find out, the entire Management team has figured me out and I've been hiding it as much as I can.

I realize now that while I'm on this vacation, I'm going to need to work out and change my timeline dramatically from what I had figured.

I can do it. I'm flexible.

My question is this; has anyone used Mary Kay, and how does their products compare?
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 09-25-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Gold Member
    For the quality and price, it is a good value. It is mid-priced but on the high end quality-wise.
    The reason they do not cost as much as Sephora or Estee lauder or other outrageously priced (yet excellent) brands is they do not have some fancy store costing a ton of over head.

To be honest though - you can easily get away with using low-end brands and they work just as well. L.A. colors, Maybelline, Neutrogena, NYC...
    If you only do makeup once a week or something than splurging on expensive stuff is alright but if used daily, the expensive stuff will take a real bite out or your wallet.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

That's funny!

no offense if you didn't mean it to be, but after reading it, and then getting the last question, all I could think of was "what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?"

Sounds like things are working out good for you, and that's great.

i have no idea about Mary Kay products.

Has anyone used Michelin tires, and were you happy with them?
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Lauren, that's just how my mind works sometimes. Especially when it has something to do with something this big. Not to mention I intended it to be a little humorous.

It's not that the other stuff in my post have been forgotten or anything. As a matter of fact, they are at the forefront of my thoughts. It's just that my only question happens to be about Mary Kay products.

And I will be thinking about and adjusting my timeline while I'm home on vacation this week.

On the bright side, I don't have to hide this as much as I have been. But, on the other side of the coin; I have to be more cautious about this than ever before because of things I have heard at work from very reliable sources and what I have heard with my own ears about and from my store Manager.

Erin, I was thinking that might be the case; but I have never had any dealings with those products or laid hands on them. I have seen the Pearl Pink Mary Kay vehicles on the road when I lived in Texas though. LOL.
    Last edited by Emma Beth; 09-25-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Hi Emma,
    Just my 2 cents but for the $$$, I've yet to find anything as good as Avon products. Their stuff is awesome! Who knew? Good luck!
    Last edited by jentay1367; 09-25-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: sic

The key to Mary Kay is your rep, having someone who can teach and guide you in a beauty regimen is priceless

I agree with Paula_56, the value in Mary Kay products is in the rep. How good will she be at recommending the right makeup products for your skin type, tone, etc? If you're already an expert on makeup, you don't need to go to Mary Kay IMO. But if you need help, they can be valuable.

I personally use MAC for foundation and powder, but I'm Asian, and it's difficult to find products that match my Asian skin tone in America. So I have no choice but to go to more expensive brands such as MAC to get what I need. That is, unless I use imported products, such as Shiseido, but that's even more expensive. Ah, the joys of finding makeup as an Asian woman in the US.... :/