Thread: Ah yes, The neighbor.

Ah yes, The neighbor.

So, I have one of those neighbors that is a pain in the back end. I am home maybe two or three times a month for only a couple of day. As you know, even though no one is home (am single) it tends to get a bit dirty and dusty. Anyhow, Yesterday I was cleaning and doing my couple weeks of laundry and of course, ding, its the back door bell ringing. I pulled out my forms and got my bra off in record time and pulled a sweat shirt on and went to answer the door. There he is with some question about his trailer axles. As he was looking at me, he stopped in mid-sentence and asked when I got earrings. Opps forgot I had them on, nice shiny 7mm fake diamonds, clip on style. So I told him that it was just a whim to get them pierced, so now do I get them pierced or not. I am not sure what the other OTR drivers would think or my dispatcher, it is a smaller company and they know me not just the truck number. Hmmm, what do I do?

I, to drive for a living.

I had my ears pierced a number of years ago, and there was very little fallout from that act.

I was asked a couple of times about it, but the simple answer to "Why?" was : "Because I wanted to".

Most others felt there was nothing wrong with doing so, and I occasionally get compliments on my choice of jewelry.

Just do it, if you want to.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Get them pierced if you want to but if you do not do not! The choice is your's to make. I am still debating whether to get mine pierced because I had made a statement that I would never get them pierced!! (that is another story) So if you think you would like to, do it!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Andreanna, Just go for it it's no big deal anymore.

When I did mine last year a few people asked about them and I just asked them, "Is this going to be a problem for you"
    and that just takes the wind right out of their sails......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    So many guys have them pierced in the UK most don't worry about it. I will admit I don't see pierced ears as a necessity for Cding, I love earrings and sometimes clip-ons do hurt .

As for pain in the butt neighbours, maybe call on him more often perhaps dressed maybe he might get the message.

Andreanna, I have been thinking of getting my ears pierced as well, I am 40 and my mom still disapproves, well she said we couldn't live under her roof with a pierced ear, (I live alone too, but without neighbors&#128077. I also have a young daughter I would have to explain it to. I would just say that Daddy wanted to and leave it at that. She did find one of my clip on and asked what it was. Before I could answer she said oh, it's a button. I just agreed and moved on. I don't know how much slack I would get from work either. We don't work with the public so that is not an issue. A lot of guys have both ears pierced these days. I would say as long as you wear small ear rings at work, like diamond studs, it will probably cause Little conversation. I can blame mine on mid life crisis😂

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've had my ears pierced for nearly a year now and never had a negative comment. I went for titanium bars with ball ends, as they don't stand out like gold studs or diamonds etc. You could of course avoid your neighbour for a while and say that you took them out and they've healed over now. At least that way, you get past having to really get your ears pierced.

I had to get mine done as the clip-on type were painful after a short while.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Hey Andreanna, I noticed your a wonderful resident of Canada. Doesn't the most well known handyman of the great white north, Mike Holmes wear earrings? I don't think anyone has hassled him about it. Of course he is armed with power tools and a hammer! Own it, hon. Wear plain studs for while and they will total forget about it.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Clip-ons are like your neighbor, a pain in the back side. Getting your ears pierced will open up a whole new world of opportunity when out jewelry shopping. I would go for it and not look back.

I guess I am not in the polite side of society and still there are left overs of the old me. If that happened to me I'm sure the neighbor wouldn't knocked my door ever again. Sorry...

Tracy I gotta say it girl, if you're getting a pain in the backside from clip ons you must be doing something seriosly wrong

Heather, I wasn't commenting on any physical pain. From my limited experience out shopping, there is much less variety of style vs. pierced earrings. That, to me, was the pain in the backside. I am sorry if I worded that comment poorly.

It's no big deal some one may ask why. A lot of men that are ''real men'' get their ears pierced. So just do it Andreanna.
    Angie

I had mine done a few years back, but that was after I had my nipples pierced (finally took those out, they never healed properly, kept migrating south). I say go for it, if anything it opens up more options.

I'm 70 and my daughter asked me about the hoop earrings I was wearing on a recent trip out.. actually she asked my wife first..
    Had to explain they were a type of clip-on... She said "why don't you just pierce them..?" Wife said "sure, why not"..
    Guess the next time I have a couple beers in me... it would be fun doing it with the wife and kid there for support, and to help pick out my first pair..
    I've seen so many guys with them; why not me...
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I agree that having the choice of earrings is so much better if you're pierced, but sometimes I like the challenge of finding good clip-ons. I think it also keeps me from buying too many of them also. I know though, that one of these days I'll run into a pair of pierced earrings that I won't be able to refuse, and I'll have to get my ears pierced for them.

Your ears, your choice. When I got mine done a few people at work asked why. I said I did it because I wanted to and that satisfied them. I don't think they ask to check on your manhood -- they just want to know why you stepped outside your usual routine. Some may be asking hoping they'll come up with the answer that lets them make the same choice. Sometimes I think we spend too much time seeking permission to do things we don't need permission for...
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

The correct answer to his question should have been "just a few days ago, do you like them?"
    Hey, be proud and out there. What is he going to do if he begins to understand that you are a cross dresser?

Like others have said, go a head and get them pierced. Just wear a plain stud, unless you want to really mess with people.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    What do you do? Well first of all it's no one elses business what you do (not even nosey neighbors) if people that you know look at you weird and ask you why, just own it and say "because I felt like it". Now you can, if you want to, go on the offensive and say to them "why d'you want to know?" or "why does it matter to you what I do?" but If it were me I just shrug my shoulders and be nonchalant about the whole thing.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

In the five years that I have been a member of this forum I do not recall a single OP or reply on this subject where someone regretted getting their ears pierced. Just do it and move on.

Jeri

I am content with clip ons.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Piercing your ears is not a big deal so don't worry go get it done.
    I was an OTR driver for 40 years and I saw lots of drivers with their ears done.
    Big burly bikers get their pierced and you think anyone is going to give them grief over it.
    You have the fear that someone will think you are gay right? Pretty homophobic of you think that way.
    I got mine done 3 years ago or so and nobody has said a word.

I've had mine pierced for over 10 years. Anyone that asked, I just told them that I felt like it. Matter of fact I had one fellow (someone I would never have expected from him) tell me he wished he had the guts to do it.