Thread: Two new steps!

Two new steps!

So I carried on exploring my new found freedom to dress this weekend!

On Friday the pumps I ordered arrived in the morning - I didn't take them out the box before work because I knew I wouldn't want to take them off! All day was nervous about if they would fit and practically ran home in the evening. Well they fit and have barely been off my feet since! It is the first time I have ever worn heels and my feet are aching a bit now but boy was it worth it!

I had planned to stick to budget and not by anything else until next month but on Saturday had such an urge to purchase something in person. So off came the heels, on went the trainers and I went into a thrift shop - heart beating and hands trembling! It was actually the third shop before I worked up the courage to look at skirts. As I was looking a girl came up to put one back and caught me rifling through the large end, she kinda snickered as she walked off and I almost left the shop straight away but stuck it out and found a black mini in my size. I took it up to the counter and the girl looked at me and smiled then took ages to run it through the till - I don't know if she was doing it deliberately. I could feel myself going red but she finally finished and I left with my new skirt. Mission accomplished!!

Sitting here now in my new purchases and feeling very happy with an exciting weekend!!

Congratulations Katie. The more you do it, the easier it will get.

Hang in there katie, it gets easier and easier. Now I find I get less nervous to shop en femme than in guy mode.

Congratulations on your new outfit. Wish I could wear heels.

always good to hear about shopping.. I've gone out recently with my wife and daughter fully dressed except jeans, blouse, etc.. dress is next time and I'm working on getting more comfortable in 3" heels.. thinking a trip out later in the truck is in the cards..
    congrats on 'another step forward'..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Katie, one step at a time. You did good and your anxiety was making time go slower not the SA taking her time!! Best wishes going forward. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

As others have said already, the more you do it the easier it will be and the more comfortable you will be. People will react to signs of embarrassment but not to a display of confidence. Aa you stand at the register just think of something else or better yet ask the SA a question about something. Soon you will be deep in conversation and you will be feeling comfortable. Best wishes

Katie bad news, you got the bug(shopping and dressing), now the good; YOU DID IT!!! Your journey has just begun, so many more experiences ahead. Soon you'll be having too much fun to care what others think and shopping is so fun.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member
    I never had any trouble buying anything female, It was going to try it on
    is where I got the grief.
    No just buying anything, you have the cash, you get what you want.
    Rader

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I almost always get nervous when a new pair of heels come in the post as to if they will fit right or not.
    But that is only with a brand I'm not familiar with.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    That's how it happens and it does get easier, I'm glad you enjoyed it !

You know when you are totally OK with it when you find the GGs are waiting for you to finish looking because you're so engrossed in finding nice things that might fit. I was totally engrossed when someone commented about a man looking for the right outfit, I just looked up and smiled and waved a skirt at them saying I'd found one. I did have some fun with a GG shopper in another charity shop, I had picked out a leather skirt and was holding it up against me to see how it looked, as she walked by I asked what she thought, she replied go for it you have the right figure .

The first time is the worst. I wish I could talk though experience, but you beat me already. I don't have the courage to do what you did. Good for you pat yourself on the back for me.