Thread: Photos?

Photos?

OK! I am going for a transformation in November. I plan on taking lots of pictures for all of you, the muggles at work and family I am not out to, and for my self like the wig shop, etc. Now the thing is: I am out to my daughter but she does not want to see daddy in a dress,"that would be too weird". This same daughter bought me a digital camera to take photos at my transformation. OK? Now she also states that she wants to see those pictures! (I think daddy will be in a dress for at least some of those pictures!) She says she is just "being supportive"? I am confused! Please help me understand this!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

A dilemna indeed.

I think she wants to see Lana Mae in a dress, not Daddy per se.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Even if she doesn't want to see it, I think she is still curious about it and might subconsciously be intrested in what dear ol dad looks like as Lana Mae.

She is fine and has just re-assessed her previous decision and changed it. Take it as a good sign. She needs to get used to the idea of Dad in woman's clothing. Only share a few, and probably not close-ups. Wear something conservative with not much bling, at least for the pictures you share with her. You probably have dealt with all this for a long time. Now, she needs some time to process it all and get used to it. Going slow is best and will help over the long run.

slow steady progress I think. Just cause she said that doesn't mean she doesn't want to see you...due time and process.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Agree with Allie. People change and she's reaching out to you. Seize the opportunity but still respect that this may be a difficult step for her. As Allie said as well, don't overshare. I'd even say one picture to start and let her decide if she wants to see more. Have fun!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Good luck, Lana Mae. My Daughter always tells me about contouring my makeup to appear more female.

Contouring?

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    My thought is that your daughter for now might find it easier to look at a nice picture of you instead of a "live" Dad-in-A-Dress. You can thank her again for the camera, and then leave the rest up to her.

Ineke

I guess its like when watching a scary movie, you cover your eyes with your hands but peek through your fingers. Her mind sees daddy in a dress without the make-up, hair and all the other extras that make the image of Lana Mae. You are the first man in her life, there is a high standard to live up to and now you want to dress like mommy? Good luck and give time for processing this new info.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Everybody wants to score "I'm a good person" points, even if they already are. It just feels good to support somebody you care about.

Best of luck with the transformation, I would hug you but I'm just a cup of tea.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She is being supportive in a way that is comfy for her and thats OK.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Seems like she is being supportive to where she feels comfortable.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

When I told my daughters I spent nearly all day getting ready wanting to be as perfect as I could. They were a bit shocked but I instantly comforted them by saying, hey, it's still me. I'm not going to change my voice, I still like to hunt, I still love watching sports all the time. I planned it on a Sunday and had football on the TV. Before I asked them, well what do you think, I said ok let me explain all of this to you. I explained and assured them that I would never embarrass them by doing something stupid. It was just part of who I am. Then I asked what they thought about what they saw. They both said, ditch the blue eye shadow lol, we laughed and I said ok, would you help me perfect my look because after all, you all are the ones that have to look at me not me so I want to be perfect for you. The rest is history. Just don't change who you are, that's what they are afraid of.
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    Maybe she's seeing it different because a third party is involved, they are turning you into something different as opposed to your own attempts, so somehow it becomes more acceptable. If that's the case then it's great she wants to see the transformation at least you're moving forward with her acceptance .

I know you are desperate for this transformation, but they don't always get everything right, maybe treat it as a good starting point where you can develop your own style.

I often saw bridal makeovers where they applied too much makeup and made the hair unmanageable , very often the brides were glad to regain their old style.

I have never had a professional makeover apart from having a colour match done and some basic instructions on how to apply foundation with a brush.
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-27-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    It depends somewhat on her age Lana Mae, but I'm guessing she's adult or very close to it, in which case she's definitely old enough for you to take a chance and show her a pic of you crossdressed. If she asks to see more, show her more, otherwise let her have time to digest the one she's seen- it might be a little overwhelming for her otherwise.

Have a great time in November!
    I used to have a short attention spa

I would echo thoughts already mentioned - she may not be ready to see you live but OK with pictures. Also, possibly she hopes that the professional transformation would be more realistic (less Daddy-like) and more acceptable? Or she has grown used to the idea and using this opportunity to let you know.
    Hugs, Ellen

Sounds like there's some conflict there. A heart-to-heart talk might be in order. When my daughter was in her late teens, she moved in with me for a while (her mother and I divorced when she was little), so I had to explain to her about my gender stuff. She was okay with it but didn't ask to see me dressed and I didn't push it on her, and everything was fine but we discussed stuff to make sure that we were on the same page.
    My name is Carol.

Not sure if she wants to see your photos or not. So, after getting the camera and after the transformation, I would still wait until she asks to see them. Just to be sure.
    Being supportive doesn't mean "all in". A supportive one recognizes your need to crossdress, buy may also recognize (and fear) their own creep-out response to it, and so thinks it best to tell you to do what you need to, but keep it out of my sight. Here's a camera, have fun.

When I told my wife earlier this year, although accepting this side of me, she said she didn't want to see me dressed. Since then, she has seen photos on more than one occasion. She still doesn't want to see Sarah in the flesh, but I expect it will happen one day.

I think for many, it just takes a while to get used to the idea.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 10-27-2016 at 05:19 PM.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Banned Read only
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones..my daughter not only wanted to see, she went clubbing and shopping with me. Go slow and read between her lines! Em