Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween is coming.

I'm glad to say that I've dropped several pant sizes since this pic in 2012 but not enough to comfortably wear this uniform again. If I ever get to where I can see my six pack I might just do it!

By the way, third pic in the lineup... ;-)
    http://www.dallasvoice.com/cedar-spr....html/2g9a0325

I have a witch costume I wear every year with full makeup, wig, and forms, but it's pretty tame compared to the ones I see here. But then, I don't go to parties, I just stay home and give out candy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm not a party person either and the whole idea of using Halloween to crossdress seems insane to me.
    If you are not "out" then you will be I would think.
    You are afraid to be discovered yet you will CD for a party? How does that make sense?
    But that seems to not matter because its Halloween?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-04-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Reality Check
    Tracii, I agree with you about outing yourself but some folks here aren't able to think this through. I suppose you won't out yourself if you go to a function in another town, far away from home but in your own town and/or with friends or co-workers? They will figure out that you don't just do this once a year.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Krisi its like they think they get a free pass because its Halloween it just makes no sense.
    I'm not saying don't do it but don't fool yourself into thinking nobody will figure you out.

Many of us had our first venture out on Halloween. Surviving it emboldened us to do it again, this time not on Halloween. It's not about dressing up once a year, it's about getting out for the first time. I never went to a party where people knew me and might suspect this isn't just a costume. But I didn't mind if strangers saw me - that was actually pretty exciting.
    Hallowen is plausible deniability that comes once a year.

When I go to a Halloween party, my goal is to do a costume that people have a hard time figuring out who I am WITHOUT a mask to cover my face. So, I sometimes build elaborate costumes to accomplish this. I will also use Halloween makeup like latex appliances, liquid latex etc. I am not a good "makeup" person, so it takes me a long time to get things right, I will plan for months sometimes, and keep making changes to get it right. So, the first time I ever CD'd was as a woman for Halloween (no costume, just dressed as a normal woman), BUT, my wife with went as a man, so it was a "couples costume".

Now, several people have said that a guy doing this for the first time would not buy everything to look convincing. BS! Some would not, but a guy like me would, and did. I was not a CD'r when I went as a woman. It was actually what got me started. For me, buying woman's makeup was no different to buying Halloween makeup to become Frankenstein. I would spend that money. I bought clothes that fit me, but because of my "man shape" not well. So, I researched items that would. I made some padding for my hips, and that was as far as I went. No, I didn't buy breast forms, or professional hip pads, or a expensive real hair wig, etc. But, I bought what I needed to look as real as possible. I wore a blouse that did not show cleavage because I didn't have any. But, it was V-neck so I did shave my chest. I shaved my legs to be realistic. The blouse had long sleeves, so I didn't have to do anything with my arms, but I did shave the hair on my hands. I live in a cold climate, and would be wearing long shirts at work, so nobody would notice this at work while the hair grew back. I only wore 2 inch heels, so it would not be hard to walk in, but I still practiced a few days at home to make sure I could walk in them. This was NORMAL preparation for me for a costume. I put this all together weeks before the party, to see if it "worked" or I needed to buy something else.

I was NOT an attractive looking woman AT ALL. But, I fooled a lot of people. It was like that scene in crocodile Dundee where he thought that a GG was a guy after seeing his first CD. I'm sorry to say this, but there are some women that are as large as many guys, and not that attractive, but if you do everything they would to go out, you could look convincing at first glance walking in public. I could not pass talking to anyone up close, or buying an item in a store up close. But, that night, I bought something at the store on my way to the party, and nobody suspected until I spoke at the register. Walking through the store got no glances, or laughing, or pointing, etc.

The point of this is that a Non CD guy would do all this, because I was, and I did. Now, some of you are thinking that I did because deep down I was a CD'r all along. Before this costume night, I never had thoughts about it. But, that night, I had the most fun I EVER had in costume all the years before. I wore all the clothes in public for over 8 hours that day, and ENJOYED it. My legs felt great, and the clothes were soft and comfortable. I was wearing my guys underwear, but after wearing everything else that felt good, I wondered if women's underwear was that comfortable too. I found out months later it was, when I tried them. Even not wearing the clothes felt good. I loved showering as a man with shaved legs. I just felt cleaner. So, I have closet cross dressed since that Halloween night. I have never shaved my legs again, or been out in public again, but I do enjoy the clothes every once in a while. I also have found ways to wear tights, where my wife accepts that. When I take long flights for business, I wear compression pantyhose for blood circulation on the plane. Now, there are some flights where I don't, and my wife asks me too before I leave, because she thinks it's a good idea. She has no clue I dress, and would not accept if she did.

Finally, I do agree that some people would find it odd if you went out on Halloween alone, just dressed as a woman. For me, the ultimate costume would be to dress as a woman in costume (like a witch, super girl, sexy cop, nurse, etc). That is how I would fool people to knowing who I am. There first thought would be "who's that woman dressed as a cop", and not think you were a guy. Then, they would figure it out later. But, for that to work, the costume has to fit your body style. I am like a size 20 guy, so would not do a sexy anything. But, I could easily get away with a plus size witch, gothic maiden, etc, and have a blast doing it.

DRESS ON HALLOWEEN, AND HAVE THE MOST FUN YOU EVER HAD AT A PARTY. I did, and I also got this new hobby as a bonus.
    Last edited by Sandi Beach; 10-11-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Wow, who ever thought Batman had such good legs? ha ha

I've dressed up three times for Halloween over the last 26 years and last year was hopping I could again but no one I knew had a party.
    Well now after nine months ago when I told my wife I would like to try on a dress for fun and she freaked I feel that a CD costume would cause a lot of problems.
    I should have kept my month shut!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I've already worn my Halloween Costume this year. Last weekend was our support group Halloween party. This is the third time in 30 years I've worn that one. I'll wear it again on Halloween.2016(10) 15a.jpg2016(10) 08.jpg
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Nice post, Sandi!

Halloween is fun, I went as a woman with 2 of my friends who did too. They didn't know that I was actually using my own clothes hehe

The Church I attend is having a Halloween "Safe Place" for the children in the surrounding area on Halloween night. We're setting up tables & passing out candy. I'll be going dressed as Adele. Hopefully, I'll have pictures to post.
    -BrendaJane
    Congratulations St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!! "Play Gloria"!!!

I agree with Sandi some of us will spend a fortune and a hell of a lot of time to get the smallest detail right. I have even gone so far as to buy a 3D printer to make the props for costumes to scale. Spent a year and several hundred dollars to make a Judge dread and Anderson costumes for myself and the wife to wear for one day at a comic con. I will be going to a house party this Halloween where a lot of friends will see me dressed as a woman for the first time, I will have shaved legs and arms and will pluck my brow a little and I know the first thing they will not be thinking is wow he must be a crossdresser only they would go that far. They will be thinking yep that's par for the course for him, has to have everything perfect right down to the smallest detail. I certainly don't care if they do think it but i know they wont. Go to any comic con and look at the boys doing Crossplay, now some of them are crossdressers for sure but some are not and all of them will go to the nth degree to look as close to their character as possible including shaved legs and arms and even creating cleavage. Some people just love getting all the details perfect.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

As an avid cross/genderbend and regular cosplayer, no one in my circle really questions my costumes, and know they will be on point. I'm jealous, I really want a 3D printer. I have seen a lot of good 3D printed replicas and would probably cut some of my prop times down to 1/5th of the time.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    My wife and I are swapping genders and doing Scream Queens. She is going as the Red Devil and I'm going as a Chanel

This year I'll be wearing my girlcat costume once again: black sweater and tights, orange skirt, a scarf with pumpkins on it, eyeliner for my nose and whiskers and of course my ears and tail...meow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBellema View Post
    I'm currently planning on dressing up as Belle from Beauty and the Beast!
    Sounds awesome!

Halloween is a wonderful time of year and the shops are packed with lots of fun costumes....cant wait!!!

Well said, Sandi! I'm planning on dressing up as Belle from Beauty and the Beast and I will go out and shave my chest to get rid of all my hair there since that will be exposed. I've never really learned much about makeup beyond lipstick so that's all I will have. I will be among many friends who know I do crossplay so I don't have to worry about feeling alone as I do this. Plus, I already cross dressed as a southern belle at this party in the past so it's nothing new for me to show up in a full dress. Being a crossplay, I do my best to look like the character as much as I can and I know I'm not perfect. I'm not small either, but I do my best to look good while wearing it. I'm looking forward to dressing up tomorrow night!

So did you do it?