Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I really a cross dresser or is this just a fetish

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Ok 1,2,3, DO YOU !!!! Who cares about labels who cares what people think be you be happy

Who are we answering this question for? Original poster has only posted 2 posts, has not responded to this thread and has been inactive since October.

While there is a sexual aspect to my crossdressing, it is so much more than a mere fetish. Cross dressing is a identity issue; my fem self is who I am. Transphobic people use the " fetish" label to diminish who we are.

I'd certainly agree with that. It was a fetish for me when i started and there was also a sexual aspect to it (given the fact that i was a young teenager at the time [13 years old]) naturally with hormones running crazy) very much depends on yourself.

There's nothing sexual about my dressing at all. In fact, I feel like it has the opposite effect on me. I cannot get 'in the mood' in women's clothing. It's really the only thing that differentiates me normally from me when I'm crossdressing. Crossdressing me, apparently, does not have sexual urges. It's really weird, because regular me gets 'in the mood' all the time. But hey, it makes for a great way to calm down if I get too excited at a bad time. Like when I should be cleaning or doing homework or something. Just throw on a cute outfit and a wig, and suddenly I'm ready to focus on more important things. The excitement fades away about as quickly as I can erase a crappy doodle.

I have a fetish about heels so tall that I can't walk in them. I have some and have tried, I am a crossdresser no doubt about it. I enjoy the wearing of smooth things on my skin. The older I get the more enjoyment I get out of it. I dress sometimes to relax, as a way of escaping reality I guess. In the relaxing time I'm usually not aroused but truly just seem to let the world go by not caring about my bills or life's problems. Now when I'm feeling frisky I guess is when the fetish side kicks in. I can dress in my mini, fishnets, garter, high heels, and see thru bra and silky black see thru top. I usually tell when I'm in fetish mode as I always love my makeup darker and my lipsticks even darker red. I can only dress this way for a time till I start fantasizing about everything I'm wearing. This mode of dress is not relaxing but the result of it can be. I guess this is my fetish side.
    So answer to your question is as some have already stated "YES"

Same here, Jaylyn. As I age and lose flexibility, it's more difficult to walk in my highest heels, so I just walk less. Killer high heels, compared to lower ones or flats, are less comfortable, harder to walk in gracefully, and less appropriate in general for public wear. So why not lower the height? Because I have a fetish for the highest heels. It's that fetish for high heels and a few other things that, when combined in a dressup session, brings me a lot of satisfaction, including sexual pleasure. Fetishes drive my crossdressing - whether crossdressing itself is a fetish is, for me, not an important distinction.
    I think we should be more careful about the use of "just a ...." in our discussions. Just a fetish, just a crossdresser, etc. diminishes those who so identify. Whatever drives to crossdress - fetish, stress relief, comfort, feminine identity - is strongly compelling to each of us, in different ways, of course.