Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High heels

High heels

My good friend is a podiatrist. At dinner, recently, with other friends, he was lecturing the women that after age 35, you should never wear high heels + 4". My wife kicked me under the table and slightly smiled. I smiled back...thinking.."not me". 👠👠👠😉. My wife is always amazed, as am I, how well I walk wearing high heels. I never miss a chance to wear heels and practice walking. I'm not in fashion as heels and hose always go together. From many pictures, I think many agree.

After 35 boy am I in trouble at 75 I have better legs the almost all of the women I see down here in Fl. I do most of my heels wearing to 2 or 3 inch heels. Jo

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That's usually the first question I get a when I tell a friend I'm a crossdresser and show them a picture of me in heels, "How can you walk in +6" heels and not fall?"
    Answer: years of practice.
    No platform I draw the line at 5.5".
    With a platform, at least 8".
    And the wife is super jealous.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I always hated to be kicked under the table so much I would kick back or say hey why are you kicking me?
    Of course she would get mad because I essentially called her out in front of people.
    Playing cards one night with friends she did that and I said stop,she scowled at me so I got up and said find your own way home and left.
    I was in the dog house sure but she never kicked me again.

Her "kick" was light and friendly. 😉

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    When I wear heels which isn't often low are the way to go for me. Anything higher then 3 inches and I can't last more then
    A hour or two

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Maybe I'm just weird, but I've never understood the allure of really high heels.

3" was enough for me. I enjoyed them, and could walk just fine. But I also tended to leave them at home. Any number of seemingly small things can easily push one from the passable category into the non-passable category (even if everything else looks great) -- and overall height, which I could control a bit, was not going to be one of them.

Besides, I've got a bit of osteoarthritis between my foot & big toe, which started pretty young. I blame a particular physical activity from my youth.

And because of that, wearing too high a heel for too long can sometimes aggravate that.

There are still some nice shoes & boots out there with a 1/4" to 2.5" heel. Works for me!

I love them so that would be a no go for me
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Aspiring Member
    Well all I can say is I'm past that age and I'm not slowing down on wearing heels. There's nothing I love more than a pair of 4 or 5 inch stilettos. I love how they make my legs look, I actually love how they feel on my feet, not giving them up anytime soon.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nancy Sue, That light kick and the smile was so cute, @ almost 74, I love my 4" & 5" heels......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm well over that age and I love my heels but honestly my really tall heels are for playing in the bedroom but now my five inch ones are for wearing when ever I feel like I want. I have no problem wearing them for an hour or two, and sometimes do a little house work in them to get better in them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The podiatrist was wrong. Not about my terribly sore feet after walking, dancing, or standing in my 4" to 5.5" heels all evening.

But, without really hi heels my back would give out in 1/2 an hour. It does in drab shoes or anything much under 4".

Of course, I only wear them for 6 to 8 hours a day for 5 days max at T events. My feet seem to heal a lot while I sleep.

I sure couldn't wear them every day without destroying my tooties. That's probably what the foot doctor meant?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My heels (first and only, acquired about 3 months ago)..... were a game changer.
    Black patent leather Mary Jane pumps (3"), with the ankle strap [men's size 12, women's14].
    The First Panties were a necessary beginning. The First Dress was cool and exciting. But the First Heels changed the whole image.
    Loved the way they make my legs looks. [Shaving them full time and taking really great skin care of them like never before]. As a "spirit item", my heels added so much feel to the persona.

Reality Check
    I'm not sure anybody should be wearing heels over 4". My wife gave up heels years ago. I have a pair of 3"pumps and a pair of 2 1/2" low cut boots and that's it. I normally wear flats. Heels add height and I don't need any more height.

I, for one, should be wearing very high heels because that's what I'm driven to do. Flats and lower heels just don't do it for me. Some of us focus of bras, breasts, cleavage... (not me) and others of us focus on high heels (me).
    But I'm not concerned. I dress up occasionally, for a few hours usually, and do a little standing (in front of the mirror) and a little walking (to the mirror -haha), no running or dancing even if I could. It's about wearing them. Everyone has valid reasons for wearing or not wearing high heels.

I wear heels, but no more than 2 inch heels. I am already 6 feet tall, don't need to add too much more height.

While your podiatrist friend's advice on wearing high heels might be sound in principle, bear in mind that what applies to the average GG may not necessarily be applicable to us.

Women wear heels of varying heights throughout their lifetimes, and often far longer at a stretch than we ever do during one of our periodic dress up sessions. That takes its toll over time, and given how crippling most women's footwear is because it is designed for fashion and not functionality, a lot of women develop bunions and/or hammer toes in their later years. That leads to a vicious cycle of them now having to wear "sensible" shoes whether they want to or not because wearing heels is no longer an option for them.

We crossdressers typically follow an arc whereby our crossdressing and desire to wear sexy women's clothing including stilettos and very high heels really grabs hold of us as we enter our later years. As a result, our feet have not undergone the same wear and tear that our wives and/or SO's have experienced by that point in our lives. No wonder then that our partners' (and GG's in general) enthusiasm for wearing high heels has waned by then, whereas ours is just kicking into high gear.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-30-2016 at 11:57 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP

I totally agree. When I wear heels, she occasionally mentions that I don't wear them all day. I might try it sometime. 👠

Whew...according to that podiatrist I'm safe. Way over 35, and typically wear only a 3" to 4" heel.

Wait a minute....hmm, does that make me old??

Karen

Banned Read only
    My wife teases me that she is going to make me wear my high heels when we go out (I haven't been dressed up yet outside our home; she's bugging me to try on Halloween). This is to help me be more empathetic with her when I'm walking at my normal pace and she's struggling to keep up in her heels.

I got my first pair of pumps just over a week back - they're red patent 4 inches and finding walking ok - would love to try them outside but think that's a way off - getting lots of wear at home though

Banned Spammer
    There is a way to avoid the damage and injury caused by high heels its called exercise and stretching.
    I posted a video of how to walk in 7 and 8 inch ballet boots and the videos detail those exercises and therapy. There called pointe shoes.
    People do not engage there muscles and over and under pronate causing wobbly ankles and injury is a few of the issues.

If you can walk in 7-8 heels you can easily walk in 4,5 and 6 inch high heels gracefully.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 10-02-2016 at 10:36 AM.

There was a time I loved my 4" heels but those days are gone. Now It's strictly 3" and lower.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't see the infatuation with really tall heels.
    Y'all claim that you can wear them for hours but I would have to see it to believe it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I don't see the infatuation with really tall heels.
    Y'all claim that you can wear them for hours but I would have to see it to believe it.
    It was comparatively recently that I bought my first pair of proper heels, black with a 4 inch heel. I usually get about 8 hours of Diane time and I really can wear them for those 8 hours.