Thread: Went out for a walk

Went out for a walk

I went out for a walk with my fiance at night. This walk made me truly appreciate women even more. I am not afraid to say that I present very passable so to others it looked like two women out for a walk. It kinda got scary a little as when we walked outside of our apartment, I was whistled at from a window and asked to come in and to not be afraid. We were walking down the street and a group of men looked back and saw us and decided to wait until we got closer, so we decided to turn back as I wasnt comfortable with such attention. I was then whistled at by a taxi driver. It was a very odd experience and made me feel the same feeling that my fiance goes through on a daily basis. I knew it happened to women when they are alone but I never fully appreciated how it felt. It made me love my fiance more.

Wow Paige, you must look really good. Your SO as well. It's fantastic that she accepts you. Sounds like you did well, considering.

Hope your next outing is even better.

Congratulations on your adventure. Next time it might be more comfortable during daylight with more people around.

This is what women experience on a regular basis - almost daily!

This is what our wives, girlfriends and daughters have to deal with.

Paige, I hope what you are trying to say in your post is that we, as males, have to acknowledge the sexism that women put up with from strange men AND we have to start speaking up about it. This is only one time. Paige, can you imagine dealing with this every week?
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Reality Check
    In my part of the world, it's pretty uncommon for men to whistle at women. Normal looking women, that is. If the two of you were way overdressed for the time and place, I would understand the whistling. Or, perhaps they recognized you as a crossdresser. Sometimes men whistle at crossdressers to embarrass them.

As Tracy suggested, you would be better off walking in the daytime. And dress as normal women do when walking in the daytime.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    "If the two of you were way overdressed for the time and place, I would understand the whistling. Or, perhaps they recognized you as a crossdresser. Sometimes men whistle at crossdressers to embarrass them."

Yep, years ago I was once on the receiving end of the 2nd thing, unfortunately. Not a pleasant experience.

At the time, I had gained a fair amount of weight (which shows up on me as total *guy* weight), and I probably shouldn't haven been going out in public all dolled-up at that point in my life.

I knew I was busted, but just ignored it & went about my normal business. Still a crappy feeling, though.

But, it was also definitely some inspiration to lose the extra weight & help reduce the odds of that happening again.
    Last edited by ellbee; 09-30-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Paige, From the looks of your makeup thread I would think that you would turn heads in a good way......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Paige,

Reading the comments about whistles and looking good bells rang. Not on my part for what happens to me when out but your other post;
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-Day-of-makeup

If that's representative of how you presented them I for one aren't surprised that you were whistled at. However having said that wolf whistling isn't something that should be condoned but I'll temper my comments. In a very few western cultures it is just a way of showing appreciation of someone's looks. There's a cultural acceptance of the equality in the sexual chemistry to be found and celebrated between the sexes. In many (most) other countries however it's a way of overtly sexualising women and is demeaning and hence unacceptable.

I suppose it's the difference between showing appreciation against being leered at.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thank you,Helen. I did not put the two together right away! Yes, unfortunately there are those males that just have to whistle. I am happy to say I am not one of them or ever was. It is a part of the male aspect I dislike very much! As the others said, walk in the daylight and you are as close to passing as I have ever saw! Be confident and step out there. Best wishes moving forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    In my part of the world, it's pretty uncommon for men to whistle at women. Normal looking women, that is. If the two of you were way overdressed for the time and place, I would understand the whistling.
    This is what cultures need to move away from. Shaming someone because of how they are dressed. It's exactly what people say to blame rape victims.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.