Thread: First Makeover Experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Makeover Experience

So I’ve been meaning to post about my first makeover experience. A couple weeks ago was my first time going out dressed in about 16 years. Why 16 years? It’s a long story, but basically it’s due to a new found acceptance from my wife. I was planning to attend a support group/meeting for crossdressers and trans people. Both my wife and I agreed that this would be good for me. I was planning to go dressed and wanted to look my best. The meeting was at a hotel an hour from where I live, so I decided to just get a room and get ready there.

I decided on the perfect outfit, but I’m still a little inexperienced when it comes to makeup. I thought how great it would be to get my makeup professionally done. So I found a makeup artist online who has experience with similar clients and booked her to do my makeup at the hotel. The day of, I got checked into the hotel way later than I wanted to. I wanted to be all showered, dressed and ready by the time Bridget, the makeup artist, arrived. I really underestimated how much time it would take to trim my body hair and shave my legs (it’s also been 16 years since I’ve shaved my legs!). I just finished slipping into my dress and nylons when she knocked at my door. I let her set up her stuff while I quickly painted my nails.

Bridget was super fun and sweet and really made me feel like one of the girls. I wasn’t completely sure what I wanted for makeup, I just knew I didn’t want anything over the top like a drag queen. I wanted to look more natural. I let Bridget work her magic. She said my face wasn’t overly masculine, which made me feel good. I remember her commenting on my nice eyebrow shape, my long eye lashes and the nice natural color of my lips. That being said, she did use a LOT of products on me. She tried to explain everything she was doing along the way, but I found myself chit-chatting with her about other things. I wish I paid more attention to the makeup and asked more questions. Oh well, we were having a blast!

She did use orange concealer around my beard area. Apparently it will hide the beard shadow when you cover and blend with the regular foundation. She said that some of her clients who have very masculine faces, it requires a lot of contouring to achieve a feminine look. But she said that she didn’t have to do all that much contouring on me. I do remember her doing some around my Adam’s apple to try and hide it a bit.

For foundation she used an airbrush, which seemed to work well. Although when she first started with it, a big glob dripped out of the sprayer right onto my dress! Yikes! Luckily it came out. I think she felt really bad about it. I put a towel in my lap after that.

She did my eyeliner and eye shadow in some various shades of purple. She said that purple really brings out my green eyes, which is awesome, because I love purple! She also put fake eyelashes on me, which was a new experience! It felt kinda weird at first, but I got used to it. They were really pretty!

She put a little lip liner and lip stick on me. And some blush as well. She also darkened my eyebrows a bit. There are probably some things I’m forgetting, but that’s the majority of it.

After my makeup, I put on my wig. She asked if she could style it (she’s also a hair stylist). I said absolutely! She swooped my bangs to the side, which I really liked. She used some kind of wig powder to get it to stay in place. When we were all done, I looked in the mirror and was blown away! I looked so pretty! Bridget said I looked like Katy Perry! I was indecisive about shoes, so I went with her suggestion (some silver sparkly ballet flats). She took a few pictures of me and even helped me pose a bit. All together she spent about an hour and 45 minutes with me, so I really needed to get down to the meeting.

She offered to walk me downstairs, which was really sweet. I put on some perfume, grabbed my purse and we headed to the elevator. We gave each other a hug in the lobby and parted ways.

Hiring her was a little expensive, but well worth it. She made me feel beautiful and gave me total confidence all evening. I felt like such a girl. It was an excellent experience! (attached pic is from that evening)
    Attached Images Attached Images