Thread: Ironic

Ironic

There is a thread in the MtF area that uses that word. In this case I refer to the definition of : strange or funny because something (such as a situation) is different from what you expected

Yes I fell into that rabbit hole expecting something to be different post-op. That somehow the magic vagina would be like catnip to men (the ghost of parts past still scares the shit out of most of them). But in talking to a friend a while back I did mention that dates were not running to my doorstep (or neighborhood or even the side of town). He asked why and I mentioned that as soon as I said I had transitioned surgically they disappeared.

He replied "That's strange. They want manufactured tits, but not a manufactured vagina."

Yeah, ironic huh?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Really... it must be that beautiful head of red hair that scares them lol!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

Your awesomeness scares them...equality in reality..

The one things that fascinates men, and repulses them, is hearing about/talking about SRS. They cringe.
    After they've gotten over that shock, then their mind goes to 'There was a penis there', and the homophobia kicks in.
    It's a perfect storm.

You're dealing with a lot of conflicting feelings here. Guys are really scared of anything happening to their equipment, and talking about what you did to yours isn't going to get them hot.

I don't have any advice about how to get around that except to not mention it at all. There are myriad "gory details" that GGs don't share with their dates and there are some details about yourself that perhaps should not be talked about

The general consensus amongst hetero males seems to be that we are men that have surgically altered our bodies to pretend to be women. So regardless of your beauty and femininity, your always going to come up short in their eyes. If I was lucky enough to pass without question, I don't think I would feel obligated to tell potential lovers my status. It's none of their business if we're together for nothing more than mutual short term satisfaction.

The problem with not revealing your status as post op, is that if they find out from somewhere else, or by accident, it can be fatal.
    Men are simple, and can quickly use violence if their manlyness is threatened.
    Something as simple as a man snooping thru your stuff (they do that) and finding some old documentation can get you in BIG trouble fast.

My own background after SRS was not to say anything about it. The 70s-80s were not really much knowledge of TS. After few years of this I started to worry that one would figure it out, and cause some harm. I wasn't getting much satisfaction anyway, so I just stopped and concentrated on family and work.

Now I get that out of the way early, so there is NO confusion. I think men are much more knowledgeable now and can understand. If they have no problem it is all go.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U should not take this personally, Lorileah. The fact is, many US males r filled with self doubt about their masculinity. Over compensating and homophobia r the result. Many other cultures aren't concerned near as much as we r.

Personally, I've never been very concerned about my masculinity or lack of. I seem to have done all rite with women when I was younger.

I have known a few TS's that had SRS after I already knew them. One on one, 2 expressed a desire to meet a nice man. I couldn't care less that they used to have penuses. I'm very curious to see what a created vagina looks and feels like. But, these girls were looking for boyfriends, not looky loos or a one nite stand.

But, if I met a TS I was attracted to? The only issue I'd have with sleeping with her and her SRS would be how difficult it mite be to "satisfy" her!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-07-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    The problem with not revealing your status as post op, is that if they find out from somewhere else, or by accident, it can be fatal...
    Oh, I agree. The only way that I'd want to not reveal is if I had completely purged my male history. That's a drastic step, but it seems that without it one cannot have an ordinary relationship.

Yeah....I was really kinda' referring to hook-ups, not LTRs. But I certainly understand the problem once a relationship has begun.

It seems to me Lori you should be dating your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Oh, I agree. The only way that I'd want to not reveal is if I had completely purged my male history. That's a drastic step, but it seems that without it one cannot have an ordinary relationship.
    I am not sure that is really possible to do. There are just so many records out there and so you will probably never purge anything no matter how hard you try.

We are special women and we need special men!!!... Don't give up Lorileah... They are out there!!!

Onward we go!!!

Ashley
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

Banned Read only
    I'm honestly surprised and disappointed by this thread. It's highly ironic in my eyes.

Silver Member
    Lorileah, that's hilarious!

A lot of the responses give a good rationale, but sometimes it's the formulation that makes the irony and the humor. Your friend nailed it!
    Lea

The one things that fascinates men, and repulses them, is hearing about/talking about SRS. They cringe.
    After they've gotten over that shock, then their mind goes to 'There was a penis there', and the homophobia kicks in.
    It's a perfect storm.
    That. It's like I a, contagious. I have, after all, not met the straight guy conversion quota yet. I am seriously in jeopardy of losing my TS woman card

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Guys are really scared of anything happening to their equipment, and talking about what you did to yours isn't going to get them hot
    Not looking to get them hot. In fact I would prefer the hot wait for a few dates. If I wanted to get them hot I would arrange to meet them at the truck stop like a few have suggested

not mention it at all. There are myriad "gory details" that GGs don't share with their dates and there are some details about yourself that perhaps should not be talked about
    Well there are a few issues with that, such as explaining why I won't take my wig off or why I have to take a break to get things ready (it's not like a woman who just gets ready automatically).

The problem with not revealing your status as post op, is that if they find out from somewhere else, or by accident, it can be fatal.
    Three was a case here in Colorado a few years back where that happened EXACTLY. The man's defense? Gay rage. He's in prison now but that doesn't bring her life back (and they had dated several times)

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

I'm very curious to see what a created vagina looks and feels like. But, these girls were looking for boyfriends, not looky loos or a one nite stand.
    Pretty much like the photos in Playboy. And I could have had several dates with guys who jus wanted to see or wanted to nick that off the bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by Kate T View Post
    It seems to me Lori you should be dating your friend
    I did (pre-op), he's gay, it wasn't pretty. He is an OK friend but I wouldn't marry him. He does dine at nice places though
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The Mad Scientist
    Well, all of you seem to be properly sexually aligned at least.

I'm not sharing my non-OEM genitals with a man - ever.
    I know that - as I'm not in the least attracted to them.
    The thought of being with one is way too much to ponder - I shudder at even the very thought.
    Kris

That is fine. Not sure what properly sexually aligned is anymore.

But not all Lesbians are interested in non-OEM genitals either.

Hope you all the luck in whatever you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I did (pre-op), he's gay, it wasn't pretty. He is an OK friend but I wouldn't marry him. He does dine at nice places though
    Of course he is, all the nice guys are gay and all the nice girls are straight!

I'm very curious to see what a created vagina looks and feels like.

LOL, I can see the curiosity, but the truth is rather bland. It looks like...... a vagina. No different than one that was there from birth.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I'm very curious to see what a created vagina looks and feels like. But, these girls were looking for boyfriends, not looky loos or a one nite stand.
    But, if I met a TS I was attracted to? The only issue I'd have with sleeping with her and her SRS would be how difficult it mite be to "satisfy" her!
    And that is what is wrong at times with men, when they seek out a Post-Op, or find out that one is. The curiosity factor. I want a man that wants me as a woman, not a looky loo.
    And I would hope they want to satisfy me just as they would any other woman.
    We are much more than just a convenient Vagina.