Thread: My little experiment - They don't notice and/or really don't care

My little experiment - They don't notice and/or really don't care

I had in interesting experience the other day that has blossomed in to a little experiment on how much people notice the things we do.
    I underdress with bra and panties every day and have gotten into the habit of wearing my small forms in the car.
    As I'm sure a lot of us do, I have more than one set of forms depending on what I am going to wear.
    This pair increases my modest A cup to a full B cup. So not huge, but noticeable.
    Anyway, I was in a hurry the other day and stopped to grab a quick breakfast to go.
    I forgot about my forms and walked into the restaurant, got my order and walked back out to my car without a second thought.
    It was only when I got back to my car that I realized what I had done. The restaurant was pretty busy and as I thought about it, not one person gave me a second look.
    So, I decided to test this more deliberately and actually pay attention to the reactions of the people around me.
    I have been into small businesses and to the mall. I have stopped for gas, dropped my car off at the repair shop, picked it up and dealt with the car rental place.
    I even went into my office after hours for a task I forgot to do and had a nice chat with the security guard; all with my small forms in.

I registered exactly 0 double takes or sideways glances or stares. ZERO...

Now, I will admit that I have been limiting this to only public interactions with people that don't know me well and have been wearing loose fitting shirts to limit my exposure.
    Even so, the forms are noticeable and what I have proven to myself, yet once again, is that people either don't notice us and/or really don't care.

Just thought I'd share...have a great day and don't be afraid to be who you are.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Read only
    Shelby,
    I did that on several occasions , but one time forgot to take the enhancer pads out, I'm a natural 36b so the little extra push up was more than enough to get a great deal of attention. I walked down my High Street wondering why I was getting more attention, I realised my mistake when I caught a refection of myself in a shop window , even in a loose sweater I had a definite bust . Too late to do anything about it, I just held my head up and carried on shopping.

Banned Read only
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, as long as you're not so blatantly over the top and calling attention to yourself nobody cares.

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelby, Everyone is so wrapped up in their own little world that the really don't care.

Lets take it up a notch with a pair of hells
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    I usually wear a larger band and a smaller cup 36c to 38b so as not to announce my girls. I do get looks from time to time. One day I was trying on clothes and had a D cup bra on. Neighbor beat on my door asking for help. I answered it and she asked me to come to her house right away. I had on a tight fitting white thin top with white bra under it. I walked over to her house and took care of her problem. She never said a word or acted like anything was out of place. I figured she already knew and just doesn't care.

I have been out bra shopping with forms in, large sweater, the bulky kind. It might have been just me, but bra and forms in 34D the woman who asked if I needed help seemed a bit more helpful in finding what I had been looking for. Kinda odd as most times, they had seemed to almost avoid me.

Bras & Bra shopping

Shelby:

Love the story, especially since I'm recently "out" with my SO (wife 39 yrs). Accepting but not supporting, so far. Still talking.

We were talking about "it"; you know, .... the crossdressing thing. I asked her if she knew I was wearing a bra under my male shirt (with jeans) while we were out shopping. She said she THOUGHT she felt the strap when she was hugging me. We had a little laugh. She wondered WHY anyone would want to wear a bra if they didn't have to.

My bra feels great, filled or unfilled. No man-boobs but a natural 42B. There's room for breast forms but I haven't invested in those yet. I've dangerously used small water balloons for dressing around the house.
    But I enjoy wearing one in the way known as underdressing. I also use a sports bra when I ride my bike. A normal riding shirt that hangs loosely on the front while leaning forward on the bike causes the shirt to rub against my nipples. It can get quite sore. I use my sports bra as excellent cover.

As for shopping for bras. I got lucky to get it correct almost on the first try, just off the shelf (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Race1999 View Post
    I have been out bra shopping with forms in, large sweater, the bulky kind. It might have been just me, but bra and forms in 34D the woman who asked if I needed help seemed a bit more helpful in finding what I had been looking for. Kinda odd as most times, they had seemed to almost avoid me.

Banned Read only
    Ilene,
    Why worry if water balloons work , I'm still using them but they work better if you put one inside the other. I was given some forms and didn't like them, the balloons do a great job if you don't overfill them, I usually replace them after a year. I recently made some in black they are great with a black bra because they blend in and the appearance is all you filling the bra.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    I registered exactly 0 double takes or sideways glances or stares. ZERO...
    So does this mean that non-CD'ing fat guys with natural moobs *should* be receiving stares & all kinds of comments to his face from everyone?

Anyway, time to proceed to Phase II -- C cups.

Please be sure to report back.

I would try this experiment too except my forms are really big
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I usually wear a larger band and a smaller cup 36c to 38b so as not to announce my girls. I do get looks from time to time. One day I was trying on clothes and had a D cup bra on. Neighbor beat on my door asking for help. I answered it and she asked me to come to her house right away. I had on a tight fitting white thin top with white bra under it. I walked over to her house and took care of her problem. She never said a word or acted like anything was out of place. I figured she already knew and just doesn't care.
    Liz, a white bra under a sheer white top!

If you want to be outed, that's the worst way.

I have done it though. It's so irresistible.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-10-2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: word filter

Reality Check
    The real question is, how do you know if people noticed?

Your 'experiment" is not very scientific.

It takes A LOT to get peoples attention AND summon their pitch forks.

I'm talking man in dress + heels. Even if you did that, most people will just think it's a joke more than "he's a CDer get him!".

If you go out in girl mode, chances are you will pass well enough to go unnoticed by the majority. Remember there is a back and a front, if your back is 100% female and front is like 80% female than people who only see your back won't think much of it. The people who do notice will be scanning you hardcore and be trying to find a flaw that is so big they can say "Yes that's a man"...Even if they do figure it out most will just keep it to themselves to avoid seeming transphobic

Krisi I agree, people notice.

Trust me on this one. They notice, they just won't say anything about it until you are out of the picture.

You'd be surprised at what goes on in your wake. People will laugh, giggle, make comments to their friends/whoever they are there with.

One time I went to a Victoria's Secret in female mode, tried on some bras. Gave them the female name I was using at the time. Everything was fine.

I returned to that store a month or two later and wanted to try on a new bra, and the SAs remembered my name and I heard it being used on their radio communication. How could they remember me and my name unless they had discussed it amongst each other and I stood out enough to be remembered?

Same with Payless. I went to one Payless store one time dressed up. 2 months later I went to another Payless store 20 minutes away. The same girl who cashed me out 2 months earlier happened to be working at this store. Yes, she remembered me and exactly what I bought that day, as she asked how they were.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Silver Member
    I'm sure I'm out and quite a few people know.

Last year I went to talk with a woman that I knew at her home about a local community project. Rain caught me and I had to take off my jacket. That revealed my women's cashmere sweater and foam cupped projections. As soon as we sat down we were joined by 2 other women. They were nice and didn't bring up the obvious. As they were leaving they did the hugs of gratitude. Both maneuvering so as not to meet breast to breast and making sure to touch my band. My friend smiled as we walked to the door and place her hand squarely on my strap where the adjuster was.

By the way I was invited back to their meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by valerie anne View Post
    Liz, a white bra under a sheer white top!

If you want to be outed, that's the worst way.

I have done it though. It's so irresistible.

Reality Check
    For anyone who doesn't believe that people notice, just scan the threads on this forum for "I saw a crossdresser today" or similar thread titles. People notice.

Nobody cares...I have my breasts implants three months ago. Nobody, nobody, not even my family have said anything. Zero...Nada...I wear white shirts everyday on my job. 95% of the clients in the store that I manage are ladies over sixties, no one have said or mentioned or had a second look...even some days I have wore the shirt without undershirt...nada...After the surgery I wore the surgical bra for six weeks, nothing...so I came to the conclusion that really nobody cares what the next person is wearing anymore.
    Last edited by karla2016; 10-11-2016 at 07:54 AM.

They do care, they just don't know how to react. A few years ago I had my nails painted for several months, dark plum, and nobody ever mentioned them, not once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A lot of people notice. They react much the same way you or I probably would. I'd probably try to steal a glace without the person noticing, and I certainly wouldn't say anything.

I wore a bra without forms every day all day for a year and a half several years ago. I thought no one noticed unless I intentionally wore something or did something intentional to make them notice. I wore T shirts and polo shirts as well as dress shirts. I've recently been informed that a lot of people noticed. They just didn't react.

I saw a guy the other day who had very large female-looking boobs and was wearing what I think was probably a sports bra. You coulndn't help but notice, but I'm sure most people had little reaction to it. He was wearing a rather tight polo shirt. Another guy I used to see around had PHENOMENAL boobs. The kind people pay big money for. He wore serious bras, and T shirts tight enough you could count the number of hooks (always 5 or more). He NEEDED a bra in every conceivable way. I saw him interact with a number of people, all of which had no reaction. I'm certain he was talked about behind his back in the stores where I saw him. I mean, these were remarkable! If he gauged by detectable reaction, he might have thought nobody noticed or cared. He probably hated having them, and here I was wishing I had them!

I am not so sure how much they really care tho...I went out the other night for a walk around a large college town near where I live. I looked presentable (black dress/tights/wool coat & scarf)..other than a few people taking a second look at my legs, no one really seemed to care one bit...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have moobs so I wear a sports bra quite often and nobody remarks about it.
    I have debated using some breast enhancers off to the sides and pulling my pecs/moobs toward the center and see if people notice.
    Experimenting is interesting IMO.
    Let us know about any other experiments you try.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I agree, I think most folks are too busy/ worried about their own stuff to care...
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Just try not to mix up confusion or politeness, with blindness.

So I have an appointment on Monday and plan to wear a skirt instead of shorts may be do a little shopping before just to see if people are paying attention
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-27-2016 at 11:53 PM. Reason: you don't need to quote post above yours